Game Thread | Predators vs. Canadiens | 12/01/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs just threw away a point tonight.

Carbo, Muller, Jarvis, Melanson and Gainey must wonder what the F' these guys needs to be told so they'll FEEL when it's time to wrap up a win. You know, killer instinct.

Disheartening is the word.

Got home to see the Habs up 3-0 after two periods. What a disgusting 3rd period. Blowing two 3 goal leads with 12 minutes to go. Huet looked just awful in the 3rd and in the shootout. He must have played decent earlier, but what i saw was terrible. How can the Habs just not defend leads. Outshot 19-5 in the 3rd. It's like they were just hanging on. Could be a costly lost point.

If you could remember 86, you might feel you're over-reacting.

I do rememeber 86, and I think the real slump happened towards the end of the season. Difference is that it was pretty much given to make the playoffs. This feels much more like the last few years, when its been an absolute struggle to make it.

This team ######in sucks.

Atleast last year they could blame it on the flu..... what are they going to blame it on this year.

Blown out by New Jersey last night. Cough up two 3 goal leads tonight......

Atleast they're consistant. Start out flying the last 3 years, then go for a big shit December through February and then try and make a run for the playoffs in March.....

Huet didn't look good, BUT give me a break - 43 shots against??? 19 SOG in the 3rd??? That is absolute and total garbage.

I don't want to think that these players built up a fat lead and thought to was going to be easy. I really don't want to think that. For these guys, with their track record of nothing but failure, to be that complacent while in the midst of a slump - that suggests something fundamentally wrong with their heads.

I have to confess. I am deeply, deeply demoralized about this stretch of mediocre play. This isn't just a slump for me. For 10 long years I've suffered through awfulness from this team, bleeding Habs red the whole time. Yes, there've been bright spots, e.g., Koivu, Theo's great season, Gainey's return, the playoff upsets. But on balance cheering for them has been a painful exercise in futile hope, hope that the future would bring something better.

I have patiently and honestly believed that this team is headed in the right direction. Lots of good young players. Good people at every administrative position. Stable ownership. A potential superstar in Price.

And yet here we have the team playing an entire month exactly as it played the second half of last season: listlessly, sloppily, somehow combining overconfidence (sitting on their asses tonight in the 3rd) with disastrous lack of confidence (Koivu's desperate confusion out there, Ryder, Higgins). Good young players, OK, but how about some of them actually taking charge and making an impact? Or maybe they're just not good enough?

It's getting so I don't want to watch games anymore.

I stand by my earlier assertion that trading Koivu should not be considered unthinkable. Another month of this and I will start actively campaigning for it, if that's what it takes to bring back someone who can anchor a lineup that can win, goddamit.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I stand by my earlier assertion that trading Koivu should not be considered unthinkable. Another month of this and I will start actively campaigning for it, if that's what it takes to bring back someone who can anchor a lineup that can win, goddamit.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat and wouldn't shed a tear over it...but...what can you realistically expect to get back for him, playing the way he is at his salary?

We got owned by Bonkers tonight

Remind me why we got rid of him again? :wacko:

Smoke was supposed to be more offensive... and he is.... just not not in the manner we all were originally thinking...

he offends me on many levels... :D