Game Thread | Predators vs. Canadiens | 12/01/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simonus currently taking bets on how long those line will last.

I'll go first: 12 minutes.

extra points if you can give the first new trio to appear.

I'll say: Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev

15 minutes

1st line to appear

ryder koivu higgins

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Not a great start for Montreal, but Hamrlik and Huet saved a goal there. Great hustle by Hamrlik to get back and cut off Erat's angle, and Huet read it perfectly. Erat could only either shoot or go 5-hole because Hammer cut off the cross-crease lane.

Really need to get some pressure going, though. Too many odd-man rushes going against us.

On a plus note, Kostitsyn and Grabs look good out there.

And Higgins pots one as I'm typing this. Atta guy, I like this line. They need a winger on that line with speed and a nose for the net. Maybe people will jump back on the Higgins bandwagon now.

Carbonneau cannot have Grabovski, Kostitsyn, and Ryder out against Nashville's offensive players. That was a serious mismatch that could've ended our lead in a hurry. They were lucky enough to get a chance coming off the transition, but Ryder missed the net with an absolute howitzer of a wrister.

I really do like the makeup of these lines, though. The Koivu line is more of a plugger line right now, but what can you do. You gotta roll with what will get you wins, not what will get your captain (and best overall player) points. I can't really offer a solution right now on what to do with the lines, because I like Higgins on the "1a/1b" line of Kovalev and Plecks, and I like Ryder with the kids. The only thing I can think of is Koivu centering Kostitsyn and Grabovsky/Ryder/Latandresse...whichever is playing harder, I guess. Either way, someone's gonna be unhappy on the fourth line or in the press box.

Plecks gets an ugly one, but they all count. Just put that puck on net. Higgins was right there to crash it if it came out.

Goaltending change for Nashville already. Dan Ellis is in.

Kostitsyn is taking our offensive zone faceoffs from now on. Nice little bit of creativity from a winger taking the faceoff. Grabs got tossed from the circle, he goes to the right wing, Ryder goes to the left wing, and Kostitsyn takes the faceoff. Pushes it forward between the legs of the Predator centerman, steps around him and snaps a nice shot that Ellis saved.

Here comes the league's #1 PP...

Were getting outplayed and the Preds change goalies? It's only 2-0....and the way there playing they have every opprotunity to get back in this game.

Ellis is unbeaten this year... maybe they figure they'll milk that for whatever it's worth. The Preds have mishandled Mason all year.

Were getting outplayed and the Preds change goalies? It's only 2-0....and the way there playing they have every opprotunity to get back in this game.

i for one would like to see them use some guy in the stands if they want We need goals put their #7 goalie in for all I care :ghg: :ghg: :hlogo:

Wow, what a terrible giveaway by Markov. And Fiddler put the backhand on the roof...of the Bell centre. Huet has been impressive so far tonight; this is why we can't trade him.

Jeez, this thread is dead...

Good back-and-forth game with good tempo. Lines seems to be working fine, especially the HPK line.

Grab #### & Ryder line not looking too bad neither (ok, just wanted to say Grab #### & Ryder again)