Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ice_chips-627x100_aquos.jpg

The Latest from on the Canadiens

nhl_canadiens_smllogo_46338.gif Michael Ryder skated as an extra forward on the third line during Monday's practice then was dropped to the fourth line against Detroit on Tuesday. His next stop could be the pressbox, as head coach Guy Carbonneau thought hard about making Ryder a healthy scratch for Tuesday's game. The Bell Centre fans weren't as charitable, as they booed Ryder through the third period. Maxim Lapierre was just recalled - he was 2nd in scoring with Hamilton Bulldogs - and was one of four players skating in third line colours (Begin, Kostopoulos and Ryder were the others). A trio of Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos would be a compelling energy line. Ryan O'Byrne was just recalled and was paired with Roman Hamrlik in practice, which reprises a training camp experiment. - TSN

Practice Lines on Wednesday

Forwards

Higgins - Koivu - Smolinski

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Begin/Lapierre - Kostopoulos - Ryder

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Brisebois

Gorges - Streit

We only go as far as Kovy/Plex/#### take us....praying for a huge game from our real number-one line.

Also hoping that Lapierre can drive Chara insane and goad him into a few penalties. A big hit or two from O'Byrne would be nice too.

Edited by sbhatt

I don't know why people are so pissed about smolinski being on the koivu line.

fact: it's not our first line anymore.

besides its obvious that the line is a duo and they fill whomever with them...IT'S NOT A PROMOTION...it's just a panicked coach trind desperately to make things happen.

if it wasnt of begin being a bit banged up I'm sure smolinski wouldn't play tonight.

One thing -- it was smart of Carbo to bring up Lapierre and O'Byrne for this particular game, the Bruins outmuscled the Habs last game and these kids could make a difference in that aspect of the game. Thrilled to see them with the big team hope they get some icetime also expect them to re-ignite Lantendresse's physical play. A few big guys throwing the body will make more room for our finesse players like Koivu, Kovalev, Plekanec etc.

Go Habs Go!!!

I hope O'Byrne doesn't try to prove himself against Chara. We all remember how that turned out for Ivanans!

My sentiments exactly. On the other hand, wouldn't it be sweet if he pounded Chara to a pulp. that would change the pace of the game.

In my mind, Carbo should tell the guys something like that : "hey, tonight, Laps and O'Byrne will kick it and play like it will be no tomorrow. If I see one of you outplayed by one of these 2, I'll call up 2 more by saturday".

Seriously, something has to happen from this call up, the NHLers HAVE to react.

This will be madness,

THIS IS A HABS FAN

Looks like Ryder, Briesbois and Gorges are the ones sitting tonight.... Hopefully a game off will knock some sense into Ryder and help him find his game again.

so I assume the lines for tonight will look like this:

Forwards

Begin - Kostopoulos - Lapierre

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillion - Streit

Im still not sure that Kostopolous will be at Centre, more likely to be Lapierre or Begin, I'm also not thrilled that Gorges gets the seat as opposed to the Cube.

Looks like Ryder, Briesbois and Gorges are the ones sitting tonight.... Hopefully a game off will knock some sense into Ryder and help him find his game again.

so I assume the lines for tonight will look like this:

Forwards

Begin - Kostopoulos - Lapierre

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillion - Streit

Im still not sure that Kostopolous will be at Centre, more likely to be Lapierre or Begin, I'm also not thrilled that Gorges gets the seat as opposed to the Cube.

Agreed, surprisingly Gorges has had more of an impact than Cubey so yeah.

I actually though Gorges was quite good last game, one of the few Habs who were...

I really wanted smolinski to be sat, and now he's on the top line. Great...

Oh well if anything can cure this losing streak, hopefully its a trip to Boston.

GO :hlogo: GO

I don't know why people are so pissed about smolinski being on the koivu line.

fact: it's not our first line anymore.

besides its obvious that the line is a duo and they fill whomever with them...IT'S NOT A PROMOTION...it's just a panicked coach trind desperately to make things happen.

if it wasnt of begin being a bit banged up I'm sure smolinski wouldn't play tonight.

I wish Smoke was not playing at all.

Don't know if it was already posted, but Habsinsideout has confirmed that tonight's scratches are Brisebois, Gorges, and Ryder.

I would have played Gorges and benched Boo, played Ryder and benched Smoke. Oh well, let's hope it works.

Don't know if it was already posted, but Habsinsideout has confirmed that tonight's scratches are Brisebois, Gorges, and Ryder.

I would have played Gorges and benched Boo, played Ryder and benched Smoke. Oh well, let's hope it works.

I agree 100% but I am sure if those 2 dont play well they are next on the list.

I dont disagree but tonite could be really physical. bouillon can defend himself or a teammate if the shit hits the fan...which will happen.

I dont disagree but tonite could be really physical. bouillon can defend himself or a teammate if the shit hits the fan...which will happen.

so can Gorges. Everyone goes on about how tough Boo is, well Gorges has stuck up for himself and his teammates too, and no one gives him any credit.