All things Sergei Samsonov

Cataclaw

Thank god we got rid of this guy.

20 games into the season, he currently has 0 goals and just 4 pts. He's a -6 too, and on pace for an impressive 16 point season! :blink:

In Bob We Trust

Poor guy though.. he used to be an all-star.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woop-de-do. Excuse if I'm not excited about saving a couple hundred thousand bucks on the salary cap fixing a mistake that was made in the first place. If this is the type of trade that Bob Gainey is gonna be hailed for, then this team is never going to find success.

The mistake couldn't have been foreseen at the time. That's the gamble of acquiring a new player. But when the shit hit the fan, Bob was able to deal with the problem. That's the difference between a good GM and a poor one.

nobody thought Samsonov would be as horrible as he was, but many people were not so excited for him to come to Montreal.

When he was signed, I remember the headline on HW being something like "Plan G?".

Many people, myself included, felt that we basically already had players equivalent to Sammy on the squad. I tried to be positive at the time, but his redundancy/inadequacy was not completely unforeseeable.

Edited by simonus

Woop-de-do. Excuse if I'm not excited about saving a couple hundred thousand bucks on the salary cap fixing a mistake that was made in the first place. If this is the type of trade that Bob Gainey is gonna be hailed for, then this team is never going to find success.

Right on.

Sorry, but if his best ever trades will be "fixes" like getting rid of Theodore and Samsonov, it doesn't exactly make him GM of the year.

As for Samsonov, man...he's washed up at what, age 29? I bet he's kicking himself for not signing with the Oilers after their Cup finals run.

Right on.

Sorry, but if his best ever trades will be "fixes" like getting rid of Theodore and Samsonov, it doesn't exactly make him GM of the year.

As for Samsonov, man...he's washed up at what, age 29? I bet he's kicking himself for not signing with the Oilers after their Cup finals run.

the best trades were

1) Kovalev for Balej

2) Huet, Bonk for Garon + pick. This trade gets downgraded a little bit because it seems from all appearances that BG didn't know what he was getting with Huet.

The Samsonov and Theo trades are not shining testaments to BG's brilliance.

nobody thought Samsonov would be as horrible as he was, but many people were not so excited for him to come to Montreal.

When he was signed, I remember the headline on HW being something like "Plan G?".

Hahahaha, I think I wrote that one.

Edit: Sure did! Plan D? Habs sign Samsonov

the best trades were

1) Kovalev for Balej

2) Huet, Bonk for Garon + pick. This trade gets downgraded a little bit because it seems from all appearances that BG didn't know what he was getting with Huet.

The Samsonov and Theo trades are not shining testaments to BG's brilliance.

The Theo trade is. Considering everyone and their momma new Theo was done at 20 gazillion dollars a year. How he convinced the avs to trade we'll never know. Theo did have a good game tonight though. He said in the interview after " I was ready for that game" Strange comment I thought. Have you not been ready for games the past three years? What an ass.

the only positivie about the samsonov trade is that he got rid of a bad apple.

for those criticizing Gainey's work...I agree. he only seems to do lateral trades. not some that will bring us foward.(by us I mean them).

for the kovalev trade, he also gave a 2nd rounder. the only reason why Balej went to new york is that the rangers felt he was closer to the NHL. they also had the choice of hainsey, plekanec and another player I cant remember.

I still feel he's the right man for this job but I'm growing impatient of the lack of movement of this club.

the only positivie about the samsonov trade is that he got rid of a bad apple.

for those criticizing Gainey's work...I agree. he only seems to do lateral trades. not some that will bring us foward.(by us I mean them).

for the kovalev trade, he also gave a 2nd rounder. the only reason why Balej went to new york is that the rangers felt he was closer to the NHL. they also had the choice of hainsey, plekanec and another player I cant remember.

I still feel he's the right man for this job but I'm growing impatient of the lack of movement of this club.

How about the Hamrlik signing? That is A+

People expecting to get some awesome player for Huet + Ryder are really unrealistic.

Edited by Dirty Harry

How about the Hamrlik signing? That is A+

People expecting to get some awesome player for Huet + Ryder are really unrealistic.

hamrlik deal looks awesome now but wait in two years and we'll see. for now I gova an A+ as well.

but out of all the moves he's made so far...not impressed at all.

I agree that we wont get much for these players right now but Gms tend to be foolish at the deadline and I think we could get easily 2nd rounders for ryder and huet...anyhow, there's no rush in tarding them right away.

hamrlik deal looks awesome now but wait in two years and we'll see. for now I gova an A+ as well.

but out of all the moves he's made so far...not impressed at all.

I agree that we wont get much for these players right now but Gms tend to be foolish at the deadline and I think we could get easily 2nd rounders for ryder and huet...anyhow, there's no rush in tarding them right away.

I think Hamrlik has a smart positional game that will age well *crosses fingers*

I know this reasoning is a bit specious, but if you can get Gorges + 1st round pick for Rivet, I'd like to think you can get something better than a 2nd rounder for Huet at the deadline.

How many amazing trades have been made by any teams in the NHL during the salary cap era? It's not as easy to shift players around. Even the Kovalev trade was a salary dump for an underperforming and expensive player by a team that was chronically mismanaged. The Joe Thornton for nothing trades just don't happen that often. As far as UFAs go, it's really up to the players as to whether or not they want to come here. Bob can only do so much.

How many amazing trades have been made by any teams in the NHL during the salary cap era? It's not as easy to shift players around. Even the Kovalev trade was a salary dump for an underperforming and expensive player by a team that was chronically mismanaged. The Joe Thornton for nothing trades just don't happen that often. As far as UFAs go, it's really up to the players as to whether or not they want to come here. Bob can only do so much.

trades dont have to be spectacular to be great but we need to win them.

some of minor trades that habs have done that may pan out to be great in the future.

rivet for gorges and SJ 1st rounder( max pacioretty)

montreal's 16th overall in 06 for the 20th and SJ second rounders in 06.( that mathieu Carle looks great in the AHL even after a serious injury)

those are trades focused on future, I would love for Gainey to focus on the Now. we have a great pool of D prospect don't we !!?? could make for a nice bait for an NHLer

Lets face it: trades like the thornton one may never happen again so lets focus on smaller trades that can make a real difference. I disagree that thornton was traded for nothing but Boston should've gotten wayyy more in return. at least draft picks.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Theo did have a good game tonight though. He said in the interview after " I was ready for that game" Strange comment I thought. Have you not been ready for games the past three years? What an ass.

What he meant was probably, "My biker buddies from Montreal came in with some magic dust, so I was ready for the game."

Okay, that might be unkind....

What he meant was probably, "My biker buddies from Montreal came in with some magic dust, so I was ready for the game."

Okay, that might be unkind....

yet it's funny :lol:

has anyone thought gainey has nothing to trade with? Sure he wants studs don't we all but look at the team not a lot of good trade bait unless you want to trade the future.

Then signing players I will continue to preach the it takes a person with a thick skull the size of fort knox security detail to have fun playing in Montreal.

has anyone thought gainey has nothing to trade with? Sure he wants studs don't we all but look at the team not a lot of good trade bait unless you want to trade the future.

Then signing players I will continue to preach the it takes a person with a thick skull the size of fort knox security detail to have fun playing in Montreal.

The friendly giant is on a rampage.

Just because you don't know who the players are, doesn't make them bad. On paper, that team is easily a playoff team, probably a 4th-6th seed. What they need is to play like a team, it doesn't have much to do with the actual quality of the individual players.

Just because you don't know who the players are, doesn't make them bad. On paper, that team is easily a playoff team, probably a 4th-6th seed. What they need is to play like a team, it doesn't have much to do with the actual quality of the individual players.

on paper? TSN does the "on paper stuff" and they've never had the Habs anywhere near playoff contention. So you could say the team is playing above their "on paper" ability therefore overachieving which would make the last two season's of mid to end of season collapses, have a little bit of merit.

on paper? TSN does the "on paper stuff" and they've never had the Habs anywhere near playoff contention. So you could say the team is playing above their "on paper" ability therefore overachieving which would make the last two season's of mid to end of season collapses, have a little bit of merit.

TSN does power rankings and has had the Habs in the top half, mostly in the top 10, for basically the entire season.