All things Sergei Samsonov

Cataclaw

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need the help considering the injuries they've got right now. We aren't playing the 'Canes for the rest of the regular season, right?

samsonov CANT help...he's been a burden on his last 3 teams. to be honest, I'm sure he'll be back on waivers by the trade deadline.

CAR rolls 3 scoring lines. so Sammy can fit in and not be a huge liability. I don't think he'll tear it up, but he'll help in the face of their injuries.

I really don't know how the fatty will help them at all.

I really hope he causes some trouble in the dressing room.

Maybe someone will speak French to make him feel welcome! :lol:

I'm not surprised that he was picked up, but I'm surprised he was picked up by the Cannes. Even with their injury problems I dont think Sammy is their answer. Sammy seems to have only ever played well with a large F (6'-2"+, 215 lbs+) that are great passers and who drive to the net. If nobody on his line is creating a problem and opening up room for Sammy he is basically useless. Habs dont have anybody that fits that description, or the Hawks. The Cannes dont either unless they are going to sign Jason Allison.

I'm not surprised that he was picked up, but I'm surprised he was picked up by the Cannes. Even with their injury problems I dont think Sammy is their answer. Sammy seems to have only ever played well with a large F (6'-2"+, 215 lbs+) that are great passers and who drive to the net. If nobody on his line is creating a problem and opening up room for Sammy he is basically useless. Habs dont have anybody that fits that description, or the Hawks. The Cannes dont either unless they are going to sign Jason Allison.

You dont think the Canes drive the net?

:wacko:

Do you remeber the playoffs 2 years ago or any of the 4 times we played them this year. Rod Brindamour ????

Carolina's desperate injury situation up front pushed them to take a chance on Sergei Samsonov, who has fallen off dramatically since his playoff run in Edmonton. In his first two games with the Hurricanes, Samsonov has played nearly 20 minutes per game, but hasn't made a dent on the scoreboard.

Im actually scared of facing the canes with Samsonov. Anyone wanna bet he want to do his best against us? John Leclair 2?

Well unless we meet in the playoffs or he re signs in Carolina we might never see him play the Habs as a cane.

Im actually scared of facing the canes with Samsonov. Anyone wanna bet he want to do his best against us? John Leclair 2?

Oh like he did against Boston when with us? No, he's a bum.

• 2 months later...