All things Sergei Samsonov

Cataclaw

on paper? TSN does the "on paper stuff" and they've never had the Habs anywhere near playoff contention. So you could say the team is playing above their "on paper" ability therefore overachieving which would make the last two season's of mid to end of season collapses, have a little bit of merit.

That's because other than Pierre MacGuire and Bob MacKenzie, the other guys on TV also don't know the Habs' players either. They see Tomas Plekanec and think floater. They see Andrei Kostitsyn and think he's some random lazy soft Russian. They see Kovalev and think underachieving, lazy and soft Russian.

They don't know our players, some pro analysts don't even really know who Markov is, consider him a second pairing defenceman and think he's vastly overpaid.

They simply don't know the true abilities of players aside from the Leafs. Same way that I couldn't give you a detailed analysis of every player on a roster other than Montreal's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Blackhawks have placed Sergei Samsonov on waivers. - TSN"

With some people whining about Montreal getting rid of Ribiero, its refreshing in a way to see someone play poorly in Montreal, get traded and still play poorly.

I hope I see some Bob Gainey praise threads now.

With some people whining about Montreal getting rid of Ribiero, its refreshing in a way to see someone play poorly in Montreal, get traded and still play poorly.

Trading for Samsonov was a half-decent move at the time -- no one could have foreseen the absolute terrible player Samsonov turned out to be.

On a related note, this thread belongs in NHL talk, not Habs talk.

Trading for Samsonov was a half-decent move at the time -- no one could have foreseen the absolute terrible player Samsonov turned out to be.

On a related note, this thread belongs in NHL talk, not Habs talk.

Sorry how is it moved?

Why he is the one who signed him. He got lucky in getting rid of him.

Why he is the one who signed him. He got lucky in getting rid of him.

he came off a 70 point season, stanley cup finalist season. and i thought playing with kovalev he could score like 30 goals.

i was very disappointed with his play

Edited by fromage

he came off a 70 point season, stanley cup finalist season. and i thought playing with kovalev he could score like 30 goals.

i was very disappointed with his play

Uh, no. He came off a 53pt season.

But yes, it still seemed like he could produce at a top-six level.

I guess Sammy has cleared re-entry waivers which means twice in the past two seasons he's come up and down and nobody took him. Good on the bum. After all the B.S he said to the media and crap he started with his mouth in the dressing room I hope the little troll faced bag of crap rots in the Chicago's pressbox.