All things Sergei Samsonov

Cataclaw

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canes, those poor sucker.

How fat and lazy will Samsonov be this summer with a diet of hot dogs and beer.

and all the nascar watching !!

Rutherford will be the next Nonis with that move !!

Sammy acutally put up really good #'s when he got to carolina. I think playing with Staal help a lot ... as long as he stays on the side of Staal this will be a good signing ... if you really think about it .. the only other time he had good seasons is when he played with a big centre, namely Joe Thornton. The Habs and Hawks didn't have that kind of centre to play with him.

He signed a 3 year deal with the Canes worh 7.6 million.

Wow.. who would have thought that 4 months ago.

All you need is a good streak to rack up millions. It's ridiculous.

You have a good streak before your contract, you sign and you go on and suck for 3 years.

LOL, Samsonov is laughing all the way to the bank now. Poor Hurricanes will regret that move 6 months from now.

Wow.. who would have thought that 4 months ago.

All you need is a good streak to rack up millions. It's ridiculous.

You have a good streak before your contract, you sign and you go on and suck for 3 years.

Well, he does have a decent career prior to him signing with Montreal to back up his performances with the Canes. Besides, considering we gave Mathieu Dandeneault 1.75 millions per season (and that was from a couple years ago... before a lot of average players signed relatively large contrats... and with a much lower salary cap), that Samsonov deal isn't all that bad (although I would not have signed him for more than a year... if at all).

Also, with Brind'Amour, Staal, and Ruutu as centers, Samsonov should be a decent fit on any of theit top three lines.

Samsonov knows how to rake in the dough. Anson Carter fails.

Just needed to say that but like CerebusClone said, Sammy's a fit in the Canes systems as he can play with a lot of their players. Time will tell if Rutherford made another stupid decision.

3 years is a surprisingly long commitment, but Sergei's salary is basically in the low-risk, high-reward area. If Samsonov can be a 60+ pt player, his contract is fantastic, and the Canes will probably be ahead even it is more like 45-50pts (based on what free agents seem to be costing). If he can repeat that 70+ pt (prorated) performance in any of the three upcoming seasons, the contract will be a steal. I do wonder, however, if Samsonov can set the record for most buyouts in a career....

• 2 weeks later...

I think it went something like this: Hey wait a minute I am in the last year of my contract and absolutely nobody wants me.

what to do? what to do? Oh yeah play some hockey and get a new contract that's the ticket. Then I can go back to my hot dogs and beer diet (really expensive beer)