Vinny in MTL

zumpano21

Where on this link is the story?

They removed the link. Basically, it was a radio talk show with LeBrun hedging his bets that Vinny L. will end up in MTL in 2 years as an UFA because that's what his Pops wants. Seemed like the real deal to me.

That would be a dream come true. One of the very best players in the world, and French Canadian to boot. Fulfill your birthright, Vinny!

Unfortunately with the free agent and cap situation, we'd have to lay off adding any big names until then, or get rid of them to make room for him.

According to TSN's Scott Cullen:

- There have been a number of rumours that, as the sale of the team has fallen through, the Lightning will finally break up their Big Three if the team doesn't improve and a goaltender would likely need to be a part of the package that comes in return. Vincent Lecavalier, the league's leading scorer, is the one marquee player in Tampa Bay that doesn't have a no-trade clause.
Edited by les_glorieux

The latest Tampa rumor is St. Louis to Dallas for Turco.... or at least those are the two principal players involved. It's a wash salary wise, so it'd be a hockey trade and doesn't shave payroll for the Lightning at all if that's what they're trying to do. Dreger mentioned this on TSN's broadcast last night.

Anyways, Vinny's his own man, he's not Lindros here. I'm sure he listens to what his dad has to say, but isn't basing his decisions on what daddy wants. I know if my dad asked me to take a job closer to home I wouldn't pay much attention to it, and I'm a year younger than Vinny. :lol:

According to TSN's Scott Cullen:Vincent Lecavalier, the league's leading scorer, is the one marquee player in Tampa Bay that doesn't have a no-trade clause.

It will never happen. Tampa will never trade away the league's best player. They will lose many, many fans for that. It might happen in a real hockey market where fans understand moves that will help the franchise. But not in Tampa. Losing the league's best in tampa means losing lot's of money.

Also, from what happened with the Joe Thornton trade, fans will be even more weiry of trading away superstars. Especially when it's not contract year.

As much as I'd love to See Vionny in a Habs jersey, i seriously doubt it'll happen. Vinny likes hi slife in Tampa way too much.

The media are almost non-existant and he lives the good life. Why would he trade that to come play in the cold and the slush and have reporters bitchin' at you every day???