Game Thread | Carolina vs. Habs | 12/08/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was a goal either... (sorry :( )

Traitor!!! :P

Was it kicked in?

And what about the Carolina goal, was it a high stick?

Edited by Habitforming

I don't know what pisses me off more....the called-back goal, the non-calls by the refs when Canes are hooking and grabbing, or the chintzy call on Kovalev right after they'd non-called when a Cane spun one of our guys right around with a hook while going to the net.

Problems:

-Montreal is chasing the 'Canes instead of defending against them by getting in front of them

-I've seen some shots by Montreal, but none of them are of any quality. You've got to get in close to score against this Ward 'kid'. Or get really lucky

-Carey Price hasn't made any game-saving saves yet - it's about time he starts to.

-Montreal needs to trade for Erik Cole because honestly, he kills us.

based on what? they say it was a hightstick did you see that?

I think Streit kicked it in (intentionally or not.. it looked like he does it on the tape).

I don't know what pisses me off more....the called-back goal, the non-calls by the refs when Canes are hooking and grabbing, or the chintzy call on Kovalev right after they'd non-called when a Cane spun one of our guys right around with a hook while going to the net.

I hear ya.

I'm glad this is the last time we play these guys. The refs always seem to help them against us.

Problems:

-Montreal is chasing the 'Canes instead of defending against them by getting in front of them

-I've seen some shots by Montreal, but none of them are of any quality. You've got to get in close to score against this Ward 'kid'. Or get really lucky

-Carey Price hasn't made any game-saving saves yet - it's about time he starts to.

-Montreal needs to trade for Erik Cole because honestly, he kills us.

I think Streit kicked it in (intentionally or not.. it looked like he does it on the tape).

ok strieht says that they said it was kicked in. BUT he made no kicking motion and that is the rule it must be a definite kicking motion bullshit

ok strieht says that they said it was kicked in. BUT he made no kicking motion and that is the rule it must be a definite kicking motion bullshit

True.

We've seen that work against us this season.

Haha :P

Well, watching that play over... and over.. and over (it's going to haunt my dreams) I still think it *looks* enough like he kicked it in on purpose (whether he was just skating into it or not). The fact that it looks enough like it was on purpose was probably enough for the dudes in Toronto to deny it.

What sucks is that play definitely hurt the Canadiens' chances of getting back in the game. They were going to get all the momentum back on their side, but slouched after it was disallowed.

Haha :P

Well, watching that play over... and over.. and over (it's going to haunt my dreams) I still think it *looks* enough like he kicked it in on purpose (whether he was just skating into it or not). The fact that it looks enough like it was on purpose was probably enough for the dudes in Toronto to deny it.

What sucks is that play definitely hurt the Canadiens' chances of getting back in the game. They were going to get all the momentum back on their side, but slouched after it was disallowed.

Since I haven't seen the play, why couldn't Striet get his stick on the puck instead of his skate?

He kicked it.......We shouldn't be crying about a kicked goal, We should be crying because we have no offense. Hopefully they wake up in the 2nd. This blows

:clap:

Montreal should have come out after that and scored another one - not take a lazy penalty and sacrifice another goal.

Since I haven't seen the play, why couldn't Striet get his stick on the puck instead of his skate?

I think he tries to get his stick on it - but his foot is there too as he's trying to hold his ground as he's pushed out and away from the right side of the net.

I believe that was another bad call. if you skate into it it is a goal there must be a definite kicking motion I have not seen it yet but I have seen the puck go off his skate as he is falling

Well, Montreal had their traditional bad period. Now, do they respond with two strong 20 minute outings and comeback for the win? Or, do they lay down and take the beating?

Well, Montreal had their traditional bad period. Now, do they respond with two strong 20 minute outings and comeback for the win? Or, do they lay down and take the beating?

they are playing good hockey they will and must come back we can't let these ontario refs beat us. :hlogo: