• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/1625

Dandenault's turn on the No. 1 line

by Kevin Mio

Mathieu Dandenault is the latest player to get a shot on the No. 1 line with Saku Koivu and Christopher Higgins on Tuesday night. Michael Ryder moves to the third line with Kyle Chipchura and Guillaume Latendresse.

The other two lines (Kovalev-Plekanec-Kostitsyn, Streit-Lapierre-Kostopoulos) remain intact, as will the defensive pairings, meaning Josh Gorges will be a healthy scractch again.

Carey Price gets the start in nets against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Gazette's Pat Hickey is reporting that injured goaltender Cristobal Huet practiced today and said he felt good, but he can't return from injured list until after tomorrow's game.

Price is also expected to start on Thursday in Philladelphia. The earliest Huet will be back is most likely Saturday when the Leafs visit.

Well, the Laffs are destroying TB so far. We might see Holmqvist tomorrow, because he got the hook tonight.

If we play our simple game, we can win this one. GO HABS GO!!!

Canadiens lore has the H in the CH as representing "Habs". We all know that it actually means :hockey:

However, Canadiens lore also tells how it means "HOME". That grew out of "Home the Forum" and the fact that visiting teams couldn't win there. The Habs were HOME! For the exception of Calgary in 1989, if we were defeated for the cup it was always away!!!

I ask the current squad to at least have some pride and play hard. Even an AHL team would understand that and at least try to find their way HOME! Carbo and Co. - get out of this jam.

Let's go Habs! :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Tampa will be pissed after losing to the Leafs...I don't have high hopes for this game.

We should be pissed after losing badly to the canes, so that argument can work both ways. Even though our home record is bad, Tampa has the worst road record in the league 2-11-1.

Canadiens lore has the H in the CH as representing "Habs". We all know that it actually means :hockey:

However, Canadiens lore also tells how it means "HOME". That grew out of "Home the Forum" and the fact that visiting teams couldn't win there. The Habs were HOME! For the exception of Calgary in 1989, if we were defeated for the cup it was always away!!!

I ask the current squad to at least have some pride and play hard. Even an AHL team would understand that and at least try to find their way HOME! Carbo and Co. - get out of this jam.

Let's go Habs! :hlogo:

The H stands for habitant, which means home in french.

Habs will rebound against a Richardless team....Carey will be ready for this one....mark my words...he just got embarrased in front of his parents, he will want to win this one...first career you know what???

SHHHHH!!!

:hlogo:

The H stands for habitant, which means home in french.

it means homies. anyways, on english people refer the canadiens as LES HABITANTS. they must think that they look brilliant on camera knowing a french word.

before the game, both coaches will be saying that they face a team that wants to bounce after a bad loss.

I just hope that montreal takes advantage of the RIchard loss.

Habs will rebound against a Richardless team....Carey will be ready for this one....mark my words...he just got embarrased in front of his parents, he will want to win this one...first career you know what???

I seriously doubt that Red Light Price will be getting a shutout tonight.....if anything Tampon Bay will light him for at least four goals.

I seriously doubt that Red Light Price will be getting a shutout tonight.....if anything Tampon Bay will light him for at least four goals.

Hold it Spidey

Don't be so fast with the name calling. Price has a long way to go, but he is no Racicot.

Remember Andre's 1st start in Toronto? First play of the game the Leafs win the puck back to their defenceman who flips it in on nets from his own blueline. Racicot watched it go through his legs. Didn't improve from that moment on. I still believe Price will. Just give him a team that shows up to play. What ever happened to that team that skated into Carolina a while back? Or the team that was all over Philly? Where did they go?

I have said it before, now once again.

DON"T JUST WEAR THE SHIRT, BE THE SHIRT !!!!!

( ESPECIALLY YOU SAKU )

It boggles my mind how Carbo will try every other combo, but WON'T try putting OUR BEST LINE of last year (Plex, Higgins, Kosty) together and putting Kovy and Koivu together. Try it Carbo! If it doesn't work, go back to all the other lines that - Oh wait - they aren't working either. TRY IT!!!

Edit: Just a comment for those who will say, give Dandy a chance on the first and see if he scores. I HOPE he scores, but even if Dandy "works" on the 1st line tonight, how sustainable is it? how much regular offense is he going to provide?

Edited by ShortHanded

I find when Montreal presses the attack, and forechecks and is agressive they have success. To be honest, if they are agressive and give up goals, I'd care less about losing. I find that kind of hockey entertaining.

I'm sick of this passive dump and chase hockey that the habs for the most part don't have the size for, if they dump it in and then send 2 guys in and put pressure on the other teams defense they have more success, or it seems.

You can usually tell early on if its going to be a good game or not by the way the passing is. When the habs are on, the passes are tape to tape, too many times its way out in front or behind, or players try to be silly and take pucks off their skates, and fudge it up.

So in summary:

- Be aggressive on the forecheck

- Good passing

I find when Montreal presses the attack, and forechecks and is agressive they have success. To be honest, if they are agressive and give up goals, I'd care less about losing. I find that kind of hockey entertaining.

I'm sick of this passive dump and chase hockey that the habs for the most part don't have the size for, if they dump it in and then send 2 guys in and put pressure on the other teams defense they have more success, or it seems.

You can usually tell early on if its going to be a good game or not by the way the passing is. When the habs are on, the passes are tape to tape, too many times its way out in front or behind, or players try to be silly and take pucks off their skates, and fudge it up.

So in summary:

- Be aggressive on the forecheck

- Good passing

Excellent post!!!

I completely agree.

Our boys are too passive. Offensively and defensively. On offence, they don'T forecheck enough, and on the D, I find that our D-men give up the blue line way to easily.

Edited by Habsfan

Dandy was on the 1st line in Boston and scored so let's hope he does it again!!!!!!! FFS

Aye, let's hope he turns into Eric Cole while he's at it...FFS! Get my drift? And yes, if he turns out to be the answer on the first line, I'll eat my crow, plucked and simmered in a nice Guinness stew, to be sure.

Isn't there a 'Saku isn't slumping: the team in overachieving!' thread to be started somewhere? :lol: