Smolinski out for 6 weeks

simonus

I couldn't think of a worse environment for a kid to make his NHL debut in.

Bulldogs aren't doing much better. I wonder if they might call up a young gun once the long Christmas time road trip starts.

Bulldogs aren't doing much better. I wonder if they might call up a young gun once the long Christmas time road trip starts.

Slumping with the Bulldogs is about 100 times better than slumping with the Habs.

Maybe if someone's taken his spot for good once he recovers he'll waive his no-trade clause and we can get something, anything for him.

I'm not expecting to get anything for him. The best we can hope for is he retires, or gets little to no playing time for the rest of the season and Chipper gets the ice time he would have. No other team is gonna want him at what's left of 2 M the way he was playing.

I'm not expecting to get anything for him. The best we can hope for is he retires, or gets little to no playing time for the rest of the season and Chipper gets the ice time he would have. No other team is gonna want him at what's left of 2 M the way he was playing.

You never know, people put a lot of value in veteran players. Hell, a fourth rounder is better than nothing, if he's not playing at all.

Smoke knows this and that's why he signed for a year with a NTC. There is no way he'll change his mind now. For the good of the team I hope he takes the rest of the season off, he's got his money and sure plays like he could care less. He's good in a sense that just going through the motions is NHL caliber I suppose. He's got nothing left in the tank and is hurting us. Hopefully Carbo sees this and uses him as a spare part for the rest of the year.

Smoke knows this and that's why he signed for a year with a NTC. There is no way he'll change his mind now. For the good of the team I hope he takes the rest of the season off, he's got his money and sure plays like he could care less. He's good in a sense that just going through the motions is NHL caliber I suppose. He's got nothing left in the tank and is hurting us. Hopefully Carbo sees this and uses him as a spare part for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately, he will most likely be back and in denial and expect his regular shift. I hope not, but expect otherwise.