Little Kosty called up

KoZed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, thought Dandy looked good on that 1st line against TB. Can't throw Lil Teets in there. The 1st line plays against the other team's top guys, no place for a rookie with just 22 games in the pros. Keep Dandy there and hope it somehow gels. If only Koivu could shake the slump and be able to carry the puck decently when entering the offensive zone, it could turn into something.

I'd think Carbo could try to put together another offensive line by putting Chipchura between the Kosty Bros. Move Lats up in Andrei's spot on Plex's line...

Higgins - Koivu - Dandy

Lats - Plex - Kovy

Lil K - Chips - Big K

Ryder - Lapy - Kosto

I'm excited and hoping we get a refreshing call up for once that immediately makes a promising impact. So many other teams bring up a kid and he just starts pounding the net, let's hope lil titz jumps right in with a strong start and forces Carbo to give him minutes.

Geez am I feeling old though. Does this kid even have hair on his balls yet? He looks 10.

2007-05-10%20Sergei%20Kostitsyn%20obraz.jpg

How about (without consideration of R / L shots):

1) Kovalev-Plex-Higgins [20 minutes +!]

Higgins plays like a thug power forward, crashing the net like a f**king Apache assault helicopter, non-stop, while Kovy and Plex wheel and deal.

2) A Kost-Koivu-S Kost

If Koivu's energy seems down, limited ice time should keep him fresh; and playing with two young bucks might rub off on him.

3) Lats-Chips-Lapierre

Let Chips be a little more open in his play and Lapierre do more of the covering, while Lats is the battering ram up front, in the crease and their face all night, pounding, pounding, pounding.

4) Tom K-Ryder-Dandy

I know no natural centre on the 4th. But give the bottom line 6 to 8 minutes max, minimum 2 hard bodychecks a shift, also tell Ryder to stop worrying about scoring, might ease the pressure and let the game flow more naturally through him, instead of chasing it.

Those are probably the best line combo's I've seen so far.

Maybe the staff is fed up with the oldies, cuz they arent going anywhere. Maybe we play a real young team from now on and see where we go....in person i would love that. Cuz with the team that played so far sure aint gonna win a cup.

(i would hate it if Lil'would be traded, i think we finally have a goal scorer in our youth core)

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn-Plex-Kovalev

Lattendresse-Chipchura-Dandenault

Tommy K-Lapierre-Ryder

Thats what i would do, or later on maybe put Lil' on a line with guys like Dandy so his defense aint gonna be the biggest worry. But for sure i would give him some prime minutes.

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

We must have won the lottery.

Smoke, Begin and breezer injured?!?!?!?!

There is a God!

I'd agree with Smolinski, because he just reminds me how much I miss Bonk (who is making less money than him this year, dammit). Brisebois is not really much better than Gorges, but he's playing all the games anyway. But Begin, I really love how he plays. Full effort, blocking shots, I rarely see costly mistakes out of him. He always wins me over.

I don't really expect too much out of S. Kostitsyn, or maybe he'll have a breakout two goal game to extend his stay with us a bit and then disappear.

Is it me or is kosty becoming like a quadrupple A (AAAA) (league does not exist) baseball player.

They have a saying about a "4A baseball player" He's super amazing and blows everyone away in AAA (AHL) but when he gets to the big leagues (NHL) he can't produce like he should.

I think kosty is going into that category, I don't buy the "there's no room on the team for him" by Gainey when he demotes him. I think the Habs should trade kosty.

since when can't we type his nickname?

Edited by Pierre the Great

Is it me or is kosty becoming like a quadrupple A (AAAA) (league does not exist) baseball player.

They have a saying about a "4A baseball player" He's super amazing and blows everyone away in AAA (AHL) but when he gets to the big leagues (NHL) he can't produce like he should.

I think kosty is going into that category, I don't buy the "there's no room on the team for him" by Gainey when he demotes him. I think the Habs should trade kosty.

since when can't we type his nickname?

Isn't that a little premature for someone who's playing in his first AHL season? He hasn't even played a game for us and you're writing him off.

I, for one, thought Dandy looked good on that 1st line against TB. Can't throw Lil Teets in there. The 1st line plays against the other team's top guys, no place for a rookie with just 22 games in the pros. Keep Dandy there and hope it somehow gels. If only Koivu could shake the slump and be able to carry the puck decently when entering the offensive zone, it could turn into something.

I'd think Carbo could try to put together another offensive line by putting Chipchura between the Kosty Bros. Move Lats up in Andrei's spot on Plex's line...

Higgins - Koivu - Dandy

Lats - Plex - Kovy

Lil K - Chips - Big K

Ryder - Lapy - Kosto

I like these lines very much.

Higgins - Koivu - Dandy

Lats - Plex - Kovy

Lil K - Chips - Big K

Ryder - Lapy - Kosto

Although Dandy looked good how much does it suck for Higgins and Koivu to have to deal wth his lack of talent. He is not a top 2 line forward in fact he is not a top 3 line forward.

We must have won the lottery.

Smoke, Begin and breezer injured?!?!?!?!

There is a God!

Dear God you may be right!! Thank you for enlightening us.

I think this kid had "it". "It" being what is missing from everyone else, including his older brother.

Since coming to North America, he has consistently risen over and above his peers. So what if he was drafted in the late rounds? Plenty of other sleepers were as well. The fact is that this kid has Balls (and note the capital B) and he's proven it in the OHL, at an International Level and in the AHL. There is no reason why he can't continue this in the NHL. Slap his ass on a line with Koivu and watch this kid work.

I think he has that certain X factor that helps him overexceed the level that others expect from him. He wants to be better, he enjoys being better and wants everyone around him to be better.

Sorry if I sound over-zealous and premature in praising this kid but I need whatever reason I can find to keep my spirits up after the last few weeks.

Come on Siarhei, prove me right!!!

Dear God you may be right!! Thank you for enlightening us.

I think this kid had "it". "It" being what is missing from everyone else, including his older brother.

Since coming to North America, he has consistently risen over and above his peers. So what if he was drafted in the late rounds? Plenty of other sleepers were as well. The fact is that this kid has Balls (and note the capital B) and he's proven it in the OHL, at an International Level and in the AHL. There is no reason why he can't continue this in the NHL. Slap his ass on a line with Koivu and watch this kid work.

judging by his variety of monikers, this kid must be a jumble of sexuality.

GO A-CUP GO!

we are a team that rools four lines...so we need a fourth line centre. My prediction is he jumps right in with Koivu, they showed some chemistry in the pre-season:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn-Plex-Kovalev (Why break up this line, A. Kost is just starting to look dominant, it makes no sense to break it up)

Lattendresse-Chipchura-Ryder/Dandenault

Tommy K-Lapierre-Dandenault/Ryder

Hamrlik-O'Byrne

Markov-Komi

Streit-Bouillon/Gorges

this makes sense given our situation and previous lines.

I like these lines!

Give S. Kostitsyn some time on the first line to adapt. Also, give him some minutes.

Another thing that is really starting to piss me off, is carbo's use of his players.

Night after night, Kovalev(who's been our most productive and DOMINANT player all year) plays on average 18 minutes a game. KOVY IS A HORSE! He could easily play 22 minutes a game. Double shift him in the third period if you need a goal.

As much as I liker our captain, its a FACT that when he plays less than 18 minutes per game he's a +4 on the year. When he plays more than 18 minutes per game, he's a -5. Saku's line should play about 18 minutes per game, and so should Plex's line. You double shift Kovy in the 3rd period and you should improve your chances of scoring!

I'm glad he has been called up. Many fans are calling for a trade to get us out of this rut. Just like last year though, BOb said that one player won't turn the teams fortunes around. So, why not try a change from within?

This might also be an early indication of a trade. Not an intentional one. I'm not saying that he was called up to fill a spot so a trade could be manufactured. What I mean is, if Kosty Jr. makes enough of an impact perhaps it'll make it easier for BOb to swing a trade. Perhaps a move will materialize as a result of Kostitsyn staeling a job and a forward becomes redundant.

I hope this is what they do with the lines:

Kovalev-Koivu-Higgins

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Chipchura-Latendresse-Ryder or Dandenault

Streit-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

I know some will say that Latendresse should move up to line 1 and have Sergei man line 3 in his place but since Chips and Lats are working so well together, why break them up? Chips is finding Lats in the slot. I wonder who gets scratched?

I like the idea of keeping Higgins on the left wing, but maybe with Plekanec for a change. Put AKostitsyn on the right wing with Koivu (getting him back on his natural side). Let SKot crash from the left side with Koivu. I liked that Beliveau line about being the mentor for the new, talented kids - maybe give that a shot with Koivu?

Chips and Lats look comfortable together and this line seems like as good a place as any to get Ryder out of his funk.

SK-Koivu-AK46

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Lats-Chipchura-Ryder

TKO-Lapierre-Dandenault

Markov-Komi

Hamrlik-O'Byrne

Gorges-Streit

S CUP

Yeah, AnDre is the D-cup.

BTW, whoever made it so that we cant write t1t anymore for his nickname is a certifiable prude. It's a joke ... lets get things in to perspective here.

I hope that Sergei K. impresses enough tonight to get some time on one of the top 2 lines. I don't expect him to start there, but maybe he'll show something, provide some offensive spark to help the team out a lttle. I'd love to see him paired up with his brother, which is what both brothers need, as Andrei has been inconsistent at times this season.

This is very good that Sergei is called up. It will be good too for brother Andrei in 2 main ways:

(1) Naturally, he'll be very happy that his little brother is there on the same team with him. Happy players are productive players.

(2) Andrei will also certainly NOT want l'il brother to "show him up" in front of everyone, so this will light an additional fire under Andrei to demonstrate to everyone that he's top dog.

Glad that the brothers aren't pencilled in to be on the same line too (at least not yet). Both of them are more playmakers than snipers and also, if they were together they'd be tempted to be too "cute" and start playing Belarussian pond hockey together.