Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/1698

Brisebois out with shoulder injury

by Kevin Mio

Canadiens defenceman Patrice Brisebois was not at practice Wednesday morning after injuring his right shoulder in Tuesday's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Brisebois finished the game, but is listed as day-to-day and will not accompany the team to Philadelphia.

That means that Josh Gorges will be back in the lineup, leaving the Canadiens will no healthy skaters in reserve for the moment because of the injuries to Steve Begin and Bryan Smolinski.

Cristobal Huet was at practice and will accompany the team to Philadelphia. There was no word if he would dress on Thursday night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/news_story/?...ame=nhl_network

Struggling Habs work on special teams

The Canadiens have been awful at home. Perhaps a one-game stint away from Montreal will help.

The team had a quick practice in Montreal on Wednesday before heading off to Philadelphia for Thursday's matchup with the Flyers. The Habs took care of a little housekeeping before hitting the road as they recalled Sergei Kostitsyn, brother of Andrei, from Hamilton of the AHL.

The younger Kostitsyn leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 22 points in 22 games. He is expected to join the team in time for Thursday's game against the Flyers.

The recall was an attempt to shake up a complacent team that is mired in a six-game losing streak at home, with the boobirds at the Bell Centre coming out in full force.

Even with the team's 9-5-1 road record, the Canadiens know the crowd isn't going to be any friendlier at the Wachovia centre.

"We've had struggles at home, and it's definitely not easier going on the road," centre Kyle Chipchura told TSN on Wednesday. "Especially in Philadelphia where they (the fans) are a boisterous group. But we just have to get our focus on the game tomorrow."

The Habs are coming off a 3-2 shootout loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning - a game where they looked flat until the last 20 minutes of regulation. Chipchura, like his teammates hope to use that third period as a template for the full 60 minutes.

"I think we've made some strides on our game last night but we should keep building on it," he said.

"Philly is a tough team and tough to play against, so we just have to be prepared."

The two teams met at the Bell Centre on Nov. 1 in a game that the Canadiens dominated. They played a complete game against Daniel Briere and the Flyers, scoring two power play goals and a three-on-one shorthanded goal in a convincing 5-2 win.

That being said, the team devoted 20 minutes of Wednesday's practice to the power play and penalty killing. The latter of the two was especially the focus as the Canadiens started Tuesday night's game in 27th in the league. They have given up nine power play goals in 25 chances through their last six games.

Making things worse for the Habs is the fact that two of their more versatile and defensive players will be missing. Centre-winger Bryan Smolinski is out six weeks with a sprained right knee, while winger Steve Begin will miss two to three weeks with a separated left shoulder.

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois is also nursing a shoulder injury and did not accompany the team to Philadelphia. He is day-to-day.

Forward Alex Kovalev skipped practice on Thursday for therapy. He said he hurt his wrist in Tuesday night's loss to the Lightning but is expected to play Thursday in Philadelphia.

Goaltender Cristobal Huet will also travel to Philadelphia, even though he is not available to play. Head coach Guy Carbonneau said Huet needs the practice time, and Carey Price will get the nod in goal.

"He's not available for tomorrow, but he needs to practice and I think he can have a bteer practice with us," he told reporters on Wednesday.

"But he's getting closer - I was on the ice with him yesterday and he looked pretty good. So he'll be ready in the near future. I don't know about Saturday, but soon. Carey's in net tomorrow."

Price will be making his fifth straight start in goal for the Canadiens.

price_57609.jpg

Edited by Spider-Man NL

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=346370

Habs call up Sergei Kostitsyn

MONTREAL – The Canadiens announced Wednesday that forward Sergei Kostitsyn has been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League.

Third-leading scorer among AHL rookies, Kostitsyn leads the Bulldogs with 22 points (6 goals, 16 assists) in as many games (22), with a plus-2 rating, 18 penalty minutes and a .180 shooting percentage.

A seventh round pick by the Canadiens in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Kostitsyn tallied 131 points (40 goals, 91 assist) in 59 games with the OHL London Knights in 2006-07.

Kostitsyn will join the Canadiens in Philadelphia for Thursday’s game against the Flyers.

kostitsyn_montreal.jpg

Let's hope we get our s**t together for this one. Let's see the same effort we put forth the last time we played Philly!

GO HABS GO!!! Let's see how Philly handles this many T I T S.

Edited by lazy26

Great thread Spidey, I spend too much time slagging other teams off and not enough crediting you. Thank you.

That said, I have hated the Flyers since the mid-70's, and have never stopped for one second. The team, the fans, the players, the execs, the coaches, the bs tough-guy attitude (Schulz-Larry is the defining example), the crap logo, the changing of the shirts to look more Raiders, cheap shots, everything, everything, everything. I hate them so much, I remained neutral when Quebec played them in the playoffs - difficult, very difficult to do.

The first real fight I got into at school was against a Flyers fan; and the last school fight as well.

I think we missed the boat in terms of Briere; but, whatever his motivations ($$$$$$$$$), I hope we destroy that punk and knock him out en route to a 6-0 win - just because he plays for that excrement pile..

Go Habs! Watch the cheap shots and headhunters!

"We've had struggles at home, and it's definitely not easier going on the road," centre Kyle Chipchura told TSN on Wednesday. "Especially in Philadelphia where they (the fans) are a boisterous group. But we just have to get our focus on the game tomorrow."

The philly crowd is a boisterous group? How in the hell would chipchura know that. He's never played there. What a dumb thing to say.

watch you head guy's

coté, boulerice and 'donwie's suspension are over and they,re hungry for more !!!

With all the muscle we are holding we'll surely intimidate those brawny flyers. I think I just might tune out for this one.

GO HABS GO!!! Let's see how Philly handles this many T I T S.

Well two is the ordinary number so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

The philly crowd is a boisterous group? How in the hell would chipchura know that. He's never played there. What a dumb thing to say.

:rolleyes:

Kyle wasn't born yesterday. I've never been to a game in Philly and I know that the crowd has a reputation that could be described as 'boisterous.'

Bitch about something worthwhile.

Tough road game but look at the Canadiens home and away record hopefully this game can get them back together as a team and they can come away with 2 points.

I hope Sergei gets a chance to play an offensive role.

Something is gonna give today!

I seriously believe the Habs are gonna smoke the Flyers. They are waaaaayyyy overdue. I'm predicting a guts n' glory victory, supported by fisticuffs and missing teeth..

Also, let's cheer for the Rook. He's been an underdog his whole life, but this kid can play, and he has spunk.

!!Go Siarhei Go!!!

This is a road game. I expect our boys to come out of Phily with the 2 points. why? Because they are on the road, which means they aren't at the Bell Centre, which means less pressure on the players. Whenever our boys play on the road, they keep the game simple...no fancy stuff. quick short passes to get the puck out of our zone and into the offensive zone, and by looking at their road record, I'd say that it is working pretty damn well.

WE can take on these Flyers and beat them...I've got a good vibe about this game.

however, i'm almost certain we will get our asses handed to us by the Leaves on saturday.

It would be nice to see Carey Price step up and dictate a game. He has been good but he has yet to have one of those games that he did in the World Juniors and the Bulldogs run. Where he just refused to lose. Just a glimpse of the future for one night to get me through til the weekend :)

It would be nice to see Carey Price step up and dictate a game. He has been good but he has yet to have one of those games that he did in the World Juniors and the Bulldogs run. Where he just refused to lose. Just a glimpse of the future for one night to get me through til the weekend :)

It's a road game, so hey, i'm putting my money on the Habs tonight!

:hlogo:

GHG

Hey Wamsley, i remade your avatar in 150 pixels wide to avoid the auto-resize pixelization, it's nicer like this:

shitdist.jpg

Edited by Cataclaw

It's a road game, so hey, i'm putting my money on the Habs tonight!

:hlogo:

GHG

Hey Wamsley, i remade your avatar in 150 pixels wide to avoid the auto-resize pixelization, it's nicer like this:

shitdist.jpg

Thanks, did you colour correct it as well? It looks brighter