Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 12/13/07

Spider-Man NL

Whew... PP over now.

What scotch are you drinking.. I am partial to Distiller's Edition Lagavulin myself... ;)

Well, I can't afford that... I enjoy the 10-year old Glenmorangie...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah Kovalev ! art on ice

Goals off skates are allowed unless there is a kicking motion. You can even turn your skate to deflect it in and it counts...

but you can't remove your skate and whack at the puck with it, that's a no no ^_^

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Flyers play high on the pk, that seems to screw up the Habs' cycling

Good solid road win by the Habs. They manage to shut the door after allowing that 1 goal, even with all the PKs.

A convincing first game for Lil K too. Didn't seem out of place at all and played good defensively. The two brothers showed some nice chemistry too, something Koivu might benefit from if the 3rd period line stay the same.

Michael Ryder should pray for a trade...

This was a much needed big win to get some momentum going. Toronto next and despite them always giving us a run for our money, we always have a chance of beating them every time we play so this is a good chance to get two wins in a row. After that game, we have a road streak which is where we seem to excel.

It was nice to see some quick passing tonight and I'm very happy we found a final competent offensive player to finish off our top 6 - that was what we needed. Kostitsyn gained confidance as the game wore on and he showed great chemistry with Plekanec and Andrei. He gives Carbo plenty of options up front and you could tell Carbo was trying some of them out. For example, for one shift at the end of the game, Carbo used Koivu between the two brothers and then had a Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev second line. A big upgrade on what we had before with Ryder.

Speaking of Ryder... I didn't think so at first, but given the circumstances it seems like Gainey'll try and deal him. Gainey's not the man to keep good players riding the bench when he feels they deserve a chance elsewhere. Ryder's too good to be on the bench but not playing well enough to play for us. We might as well get what we can for him now that he's become redundant. I trust Bob to make a good trade. He usually does.

I thought this was Price's best game so far. His body language was completely different tonight, he looked confident and like he was enjoying himself. It has been said many times that he is cool as a cucumber but I think that is how he shows his nervousness. some people get dopey when nervous while others just clam up.

Great job Carey.

Speaking of Ryder... I didn't think so at first, but given the circumstances it seems like Gainey'll try and deal him. Gainey's not the man to keep good players riding the bench when he feels they deserve a chance elsewhere. Ryder's too good to be on the bench but not playing well enough to play for us. We might as well get what we can for him now that he's become redundant. I trust Bob to make a good trade. He usually does.

Problem is Ryder's salary: $2,950,000

Gainey needs to find a team willing to eat up that much salary... or trade for a player with the same kind of salary... I wouldn't mind adding another D-man...

Nice to pick up the 2 points. Thoughts on the game:

Price looked solid in the nets. Komi and Hammy physical forces on the back end. Pleks looking more and more dangerous as the season progresses. Sergie Kosty looked good out there, from what i saw. A little chemistry with the bro and did not look out of place. Adds a skilled element to the top lines. With othere skilled players he will stand a chance. Glad to see Carbo putting him in a place where he could succeed. Speed and creativity. Not something Ryder brings to the table. Kovy solid again. Higgins again a force. Koivu looked Ok, but still needs to pick it up a little. Chips seemed to struggle a little. Laps brought some good energy. Poor, O'byrne, did not see a lot of ice and picked up a couple of penalties. Maybe he's not quited ready. Rather see Gorges stay in the lineup ahead of him.

Demers and Brunet on RDS were making a pretty strong case that Ryder's done. Brunet pointed out that they need a right-handed shot in several situations and STILL Carbo either isn't using him or even dressing him. Their view was that the organization has totally lost confidence in him - the analogy was with samsonov.

Bob has shown a great ability to unload cumbersome contracts, so I wouldn't be surprised if he can dump Ryder's. The problem is that it shouldn't HAVE to be a dump. The guy is a proven NHL scorer. That's what just drives me crazy :angry:

I have to say I could live with the ups and downs of the team they iced tonight.

Is it ok to hope for Smolinski and Brisebois to be hurt longer? jk

Solid effort. Now lets break out the Leaf kryptonite on Saturday. No Huet please.

3 points out of a possible last 4, gotta see the light!

Also, since December 13th, 2007, the Canadiens are undefeated.

I was wondering for a few seconds how the hell that could be (the last loss had come in a shootout, maybe the couple before it did too?) and then I realized that December 13th is today. :P

Demers and Brunet on RDS were making a pretty strong case that Ryder's done. Brunet pointed out that they need a right-handed shot in several situations and STILL Carbo either isn't using him or even dressing him. Their view was that the organization has totally lost confidence in him - the analogy was with samsonov.

Bob has shown a great ability to unload cumbersome contracts, so I wouldn't be surprised if he can dump Ryder's. The problem is that it shouldn't HAVE to be a dump. The guy is a proven NHL scorer. That's what just drives me crazy :angry:

I have to say. I was a big fan of Ryder in his rookie year. The puck seemed to follow him everywhere.

He was getting 4-5 good chances a game and I was convinced that this kid was going to be a great goal scorer.

Then as time went by I realized he needed 5-6 chances to score 1. Now he doesn't even get chances. :huh:

I definitely did not see this type of decline coming this season.

I was wondering for a few seconds how the hell that could be (the last loss had come in a shootout, maybe the couple before it did too?) and then I realized that December 13th is today. :P

LOL

Maybe you were flashing back to Jan 25 2006 and the 4 goal game and were disoriented :)

Samsonov was a proven NHL scorer as well.