The Mitchell Report

Pierre the Great

well if these 50 names are any of the big boys. Major League baseball will jump to the front pages of every newspaper and media outlet. Waxman is going to have a field day basically, heads are going to roll, and selig might have to resign along with the players rep.

Hey there's a job for george now since he'll be unemployed! Its the only job he's ever wanted anyways. lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selig ain't resigining.

If only, if only... Haha. Selig has helped send baseball straight into the crapper. He can blame himself for the steroids era. He knew what was happening, but homers were helping attendance, so he stuck his head in the ground and sang "lalalalala I can't hear lalalalala." The man is a jerk and has been a horrible commish. Sadly, no matter how bad the report is, it's not gonna have any effect on his job.

Selig was the one who assigned Mitchell to do this report, why would he resign when it is finally published?

ESPN had a great article talking about Selig being worried he gave too much "freedom" to Mitchell. Why would Selig resign? Think Liberal Sponsorship Scandal. If the Mitchell Report comes out and blame goes all the way to the top and Selig knew what was going on for years. He's finished.

But we all know Selig knew because he had to bring people back to baseball, everyone knew in the 90's from beat writers to coaches to gm's and owners. Selig will make some stupid statement that I allowed it to happen for the good of the game, so that people would come back after the strike etc etc.

----

He'll hit 80hrs in that fan box

Edited by Pierre the Great

Okay Mitchell Report details

will point to MVP's and All Stars

my guess

Roger Clemens

Barry Bonds

Sammy Sosa

Mark McGwire

Albert Pujols

Gary Sheffield

Brett Boone

Randy Johnson?

Pudge

Tejada

Palmero

I bet there's going to be a lot of pitchers

I really don't think Pujols will be on there. Johnson either.

It would be disappointing to see a guy like Clemens show up but its possible. He did seem dead and then all of a sudden his career was revived. I'm undecided about him.

I really don't think Pujols will be on there. Johnson either.

It would be disappointing to see a guy like Clemens show up but its possible. He did seem dead and then all of a sudden his career was revived. I'm undecided about him.

CLEMENS IS ON THE LIST!

HOLY SHEETS

On MSNBC RIGHT NOW:

"BREAKING NEWS: Roger Clemens on reportedly is on the list of steroid users in Mitchell Report"

haha knew it!

so far on my list I've got one right.

Wow, my apologies Pierre, i thought it was a possibility but this is huge. I think this day is going to be bigger than i thought. I figured we would get the regular names and maybe one or two surprises, but now that Clemens is on the table anything can happen...

I never officially heard the rumour but I always guessed he was juiced. He had a Barry Bonds like thing, where he started throwing the ball faster and faster as he got older...

Yeah if Clemens is a "leaked" name, then there's even bigger names out there in the report.

I'm still saying Pujols and this is coming from a Cardinal fan (or was one at one time) everyone thought he was the "clean" star, until that arizona scandal where Pujols on personal trainer was linked as a roids supplier.

anyone who says "its my crazy work out regime" is taking roids. they're using it as a cover. Like Clemens saying its all "sit ups and push ups" seriously. lol

I never officially heard the rumour but I always guessed he was juiced. He had a Barry Bonds like thing, where he started throwing the ball faster and faster as he got older...

Yeah if Clemens is a "leaked" name, then there's even bigger names out there in the report.

I'm still saying Pujols and this is coming from a Cardinal fan (or was one at one time) everyone thought he was the "clean" star, until that arizona scandal where Pujols on personal trainer was linked as a roids supplier.

anyone who says "its my crazy work out regime" is taking roids. they're using it as a cover. Like Clemens saying its all "sit ups and push ups" seriously. lol

I agree that Clemens had to be under the micro-scope on this but for a different reason. He never really started throwing harder...that's a major misconception about pitchers taking steroids. Being strong doesn't mean you can throw harder...

The reason Clemens had/has to be considered as a steroid taker is that he continued to throw hard into his 40's...pitchers take steroids to limit their injury concerns. Not because they go from a 92 mph guy to a 98 mph guy...most of the speed comes from mechanics not strength. Same as how a hitter doesn't get a better batting average from steroids...maybe more HR's...but they don't suddenly "become" .330+ hitters because of the juice. There is no steroid that improves hand eye coordination or mechanics.

I've always understood steroids help pitcher endurance... ability to play well late into the season. Clemens seems to have lost this ability.. although at quite an advanced age.

His resurgence(s) and longevity have provoked a lot of suspicion over the years.

If this was a "sanctioned" leak, you generally want to get the biggest news out before the official announcement. Frankly, there are very few bigger names than Roger for the casual fan. Only A-Rod or Derek Jeter are really more known right now (excepting Barry whom most people already assume on the steroids). Even Manny or Ortiz wouldn't be as big, IMO... of course, the interesting thing about the Roger name is that he is no longer an active player.

that's what I'm saying. His arm was "dead" at one point then all of a sudden it was back to early 90's Roger Clemons. Yes mechanics has a lot to do with it, but if you already know how to pitch but your arm is dead, what's the use.

I don't even think Ryan was pitching very hard when he retired.

Look at Greg Maddux, he used to be able to go 93,94,95 now he's a change up pitcher.

Clemens never had to adapt, why? roids

So I guess we now know what caused him to throw that shattered piece of wood at Piazza, roid rage. lol :lol:

Apparently there might be several Yankees on this list.

Think theres any chance one of them is Arod? That would be the biggest bomb one could drop i think...

that would be immense. I think Jeter would be a bigger bomb to the nonfan and casual fan. I highly, highly doubt that would happen though.

One thing that we should have learned is that anybody can be named.

Okay Mitchell Report details

will point to MVP's and All Stars

my guess

Roger Clemens

Barry Bonds

Sammy Sosa

Mark McGwire

Albert Pujols

Gary Sheffield

Brett Boone

Randy Johnson?

Pudge

Tejada

Palmero

I bet there's going to be a lot of pitchers

What a wimpy list, most of them are the really obvious guys, guys who have been linked to steroids or were even called before Congress. Pujols, Boone, Johnson, and Pudge are the only guys on the list who should count towards your accuracy, hehe.

Pujols would sadden me, I've always liked him, despite the fact he's a Card. Johnson I've always liked also, until he cut off the mullett. Pudge I'm indifferent towards. Boone, I agree that he will be on the list. In Cincy he was a Gold Glove calibre defender, but a .230 hitter. Then, in his contract year, he suddenly doubles his HR production. Still only gets a 1 year deal and puts up similar numbers in Atlanta, missing 30+ games for the first time in his career. Then he explodes in Seattle with 30+ homers and 100+ RBIs. Pretty much then left the game shortly after testing started.

My guesses:

-Paul LoDuca, I like him, but his 25 homer rookie year was always suspicious. Possibly used 'roids to get him over the top and then stopped once he was there.

- Richard Hidalgo: He could never reproduce his MVP caliber 2000 season, even before he was shot.

- Luis Gonzalez: Was age or steroids testing that brought him back down to earth after becoming a power hitter in the middle of his career?

- Ken Caminiti: While it's common knowledge he took steroids during his MVP season, the guess here is that he is the only other NL MVP (besides Bonds) to be on the list. Apparently Sosa is also an NL MVP winner

- Tony Batista: How else do you explain so many homers out of that wacky stance?

- Ken Griffey Jr.: Under great pressure going home to Cincy, Griffey wanted to make sure he hit lots of homers. Instead, he gained a lot of weight, his muscles got too tight, and he started getting hurt all the time.

Im pretty sure he won in 1998, thats why i wondered about your comment about the only two NL MVPs...

Dang, you're right. Stupid Sosa hater edited wikipedia so it made no mention of the 1998 MVP in his profile. Scratch the Caminiti comment, then.

Anyways, this whole report will just further prove MLB's hypocrisy. They banned Pete Rose for life for hurting the integrity of the league, but nothing is gonna happen to the guys on this list. Now you tell me, which hurt the integrity of baseball more: Pete Rose betting or these guys taking steroids. The answer is pretty obvious. Steroids ruined an entire generation of baseball.

FOX reporting:

Varitek

Boone (Bret)

Pujols

Garciaparra

Wood

Mondesi

Offerman

Dang, you're right. Stupid Sosa hater edited wikipedia so it made no mention of the 1998 MVP in his profile. Scratch the Caminiti comment, then.

Anyways, this whole report will just further prove MLB's hypocrisy. They banned Pete Rose for life for hurting the integrity of the league, but nothing is gonna happen to the guys on this list. Now you tell me, which hurt the integrity of baseball more: Pete Rose betting or these guys taking steroids. The answer is pretty obvious. Steroids ruined an entire generation of baseball.

FOX reporting:

Varitek

Boone

Pujols

Garciaparra

Wood

Offerman

well.. thats 3 sox...

Varitek hurts a bit..

EDIT: I'm assuming Bret Boone?

Edited by simonus

I like Pujols but I can't wait for the apologists to show up in St. Louis when he's named.

Come on people that guy is freaking huge.

But Pujols will be the biggest blow to the MLB considering he's the "clean guy" image and rallying cry.

Griffey would be huge, because he's always been seen as clean.

Yeah my list is whimpy but you got to think of the big boys.

Edited by Pierre the Great