The Mitchell Report

Pierre the Great

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but if you know his back story, he met the steroids trainer when he was 18 in juco, he didn't come to the majors until 21 i believe, mcgwire's last year. So we've got to find his high school pictures basically.

Highschool pictures wouldn't aid your discussion...I put on 22 pounds of muscle in my final 2 years of university, while dropping my body fat percentage....and no, I did not take anything. Not even a protein bar. I didn't even change my diet a whole lot, though I ate healthy enough anyhow. Thank god my mom was/is a good cook.

Trust me, if I can go from being 160lbs to 182lbs without anything special then it's not a leap of faith to believe that Pujols could do that and more too. I'm not saying he's not on the juice, just that you can't hold up a high school picture and say that he must be on 'roids because of how small he was at 17 years old.

Edited by Zowpeb

Highschool pictures wouldn't aid your discussion...I put on 22 pounds of muscle in my final 2 years of university, while dropping my body fat percentage....and no, I did not take anything. Not even a protein bar. I didn't even change my diet a whole lot, though I ate healthy enough anyhow. Thank god my mom was/is a good cook.

Trust me, if I can go from being 160lbs to 182lbs without anything special then it's not a leap of faith to believe that Pujols could do that and more too. I'm not saying he's not on the juice, just that you can't hold up a high school picture and say that he must be on 'roids because of how small he was at 17 years old.

your replying to a guy that routinely gained 30lbs in the "off season" for football.

I know about gaining weight, kids were taking juice, i'm like please you guys are idiots.

I'm just saying he's worked with his trainer who was in the grimsley case. since high school and you can make it look like you are doing something "normal".

Oh and for canadians who just have regular cable, CNN is airing a democratic party debate which goes like in 10 minutes at the same time the mitchell report comes out.

So here's a link to just see the mitchell report:

http://www.wnbc.com/videostream/13298034/detail.html

if that doen't work, cnn.com is airing it

Edited by Pierre the Great

this is exciting

HGH has risen- mitchell

other investigations will lead to more names- mitchell

this is not an isolated problem-

every club has a steroid user play for them- mitchell

5-7% tested positive in '03

'serious drug culture within baseball'

omg this is like a presidential election, anticipation is immense

tejada is on the list

clemens

pettitte

Here it is Merry Christmas:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/071213...hell_report.pdf

p.169 shows how clemens shot himself up with roids.

Sheffield

bonds

giambi

rocker

mo vaugh

david justice

dykstra

I'd be interested in knowing which guys took them to get better and which guys started taking them after injury issues and needed to get, or stay, healthy.

As a health related issue I can ALMOST understand it...certainly if they needed it to overcome an ailment during a rehab process, less so if they continued taking it to avoid injury.

I'm also not saying one should be allowed because it would open it up to abuse. I believe it has to be clear that it's not allowed for any reason...but I'd be curious, for example, if Gagne started taking them during his injury rehab or before that when he was the premier closer in the league.

Now I don't know if having a drug in your system is actually punishable by law but, frankly, I don't see why these guys can't be punished in court for using an illegal drug, or to have the legislation put in place to allow the government to do so...

I'd be interested in knowing which guys took them to get better and which guys started taking them after injury issues and needed to get, or stay, healthy.

As a health related issue I can ALMOST understand it...certainly if they needed it to overcome an ailment during a rehab process, less so if they continued taking it to avoid injury.

Details of each player's use is in the report, just search their name and you can read about them.

Brian Roberts, an obvious suspect I should have thought of.

Hal Morris, Ron Villone, Denny Neagle, and Kent Mercker all former Reds in the report. Villone and Neagle both got into it after their time with the Reds.

still not happy, a lot of names should be on here, that aren't

What'd you expect? Mitchell had no power to do much of anything. Only one player talked to him, and that was because his hand was forced. If these guys really had nothing to hide like they say they do, why refuse to speak with him? The whole thing was a white wash from the beginning.

Here's the list:

Marvin Bernard

Barry Bonds

Bobby Estalella

Jason Giambi

Jeremy Giambi

Benito Santiago

Gary Sheffield

Randy Verlarde

Lenny Dykstrka

David Segui

Larry Bigbie