Andrei Kostitsyn's breakout year?

MAK

I'm really impressed by ak46's play of late. he's on a 4 game scoring streak and he's on of the very few HABSIES on a positive +/-. and with his brother on the team, he really showed enthousiasm!!

deadly shot, uses his body well. now if drives the net a bit more often...he'll be lethal.

I know it takes longer than expected but I think we'll soon meet the Andrei Kostitsyn that we drafted about 5 years ago.

I've been excited about this kid since the day we drafted him. He had 1st overall pick talent and only dropped to us because the Russian doctors didn't know what to do with him. Then I got a chance to see him play during his first year in Hamilton. It was obvious he was just oozing with talent and a first rate shot. I'm thrilled he's putting things together at the NHL level.

I keep seeing replays of Pavel Bure in my head whenever I hear people talking about AK46.

I doubt he'll be as good as the Russian Rocket, but if he could turn out to be about 60% of Bure, it would still be pretty damn good!

According to TSN ice chips he and Lats are going to try to skate tomorrow if not Dago Milroy and Ferland are all on standby

why ?? injury or they're just sick ??

The biggest improvement in Kots play is that he now work at the NHL speed, making room for himself

near the goalie crease and loses less 1-1. Still has to shoot more.

Kots has been knocked hard in the third period, it looked like he lost breath, it is

probably the ribs that been crushed when he smashed in the board.

Le gros Guil looked diminished with a flu or something, he was out of breath after a 45

seconds shift in the second. We didn't see him much after that.

I keep seeing replays of Pavel Bure in my head
Yeah, there are many ways he emulates Bure. One prime example is how he got behind the defence on the goal last night. :clap: Hands, speed and hockey sense. He's also helping out nice defensively. He certainly isn't afraid to go back and help out with some impressive hits and interceptions.

I described his passing last year as "sick". It hasn't changed :king: :king: :king:

Carbo for a time last night in the 3rd put the brothers together and Philly looked like a deer caught in headlights. Carbo went back to regular line 1 and 2 shortly after. I also noticed on line changes throughout the game that Andrei and Sergei were together for a short shift. Once again it was dangerous. The pass from Andrei who was behind the net to Sergei in the slot for the one timer was LETHAL! No goal on that play but they will come in bunches if what happened last night is a sign of things to come.

YEAH!

I especially love that he makes us forget about Perezhoghin. I find that they play similar styles only AK46 is a little better in almost every aspect. Better shot, faster, bigger, better passer...

Before the season started I thought it would be his breakout year. At the end of last season he was lighting it up, making brilliant plays. I thought a line of Plex, Kost, and Higgins might be a possibility, and that it could be very dangerous. But he was pretty weak out of the gate, it looks like he's coming back to form now. It helps that his linemates have been solid the whole start of the season.

Yeah, there are many ways he emulates Bure. One prime example is how he got behind the defence on the goal last night. :clap: Hands, speed and hockey sense. He's also helping out nice defensively. He certainly isn't afraid to go back and help out with some impressive hits and interceptions.

I described his passing last year as "sick". It hasn't changed :king: :king: :king:

Carbo for a time last night in the 3rd put the brothers together and Philly looked like a deer caught in headlights. Carbo went back to regular line 1 and 2 shortly after. I also noticed on line changes throughout the game that Andrei and Sergei were together for a short shift. Once again it was dangerous. The pass from Andrei who was behind the net to Sergei in the slot for the one timer was LETHAL! No goal on that play but they will come in bunches if what happened last night is a sign of things to come.

YEAH!

Carbo has to put them together. Think of all the little set-up plays they did when they were kids, on the street or in the basement. All those little tools are right there. You can't teach that shit and it takes years to develop with just a joe shmo linemate..........I hope carbo understands this.

What an advantage to be given two very talented brothers............

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I love the guy, he's very fast, has an incredible shot, is a magical playmaker (but isn't everyone on our team?), plays physical, is one of the very few players on our team who tries to deke people one-on-one, ... He's simply one of the best prospects ever to go through our system (or atleast in the past decade) and he definitely has potential to be a bona fide first line winger. I'm not completely sure he'll hit his full potential but I can definitely see him being a 25-goal, 75-point man, year in, year out and with a decent +/-.

Red Fisher: Yeah, but does he like him?

I want to say that he is playing hurt, he got crossed checked hard by Gill or Kubina

(whatever) and stood up again playing hard.

To those who said no intensity, completely bull**.

And to those who say he is one of the last of his draft round year class, so what ?

he is catching up and becoming a dominant presence even when he is hurt.

he could get 40 points this year. I think next year will be his break-out year...I say three years to break out, last year was considered his "rookie" year...then he has o go through an ok season and then next season he will know the game...have some chemistry and he will probably take off!

Like all of you I see great potential in Big titz. I just looked back at his career stats and really did not find anything crazy to warrant him being this great offensive threat. What's listed on TSN anyway. I remember him falling back in the draft because he was sick, and the habs had a cure and picked him, but why was he so sought after. Where was he found and what made scouts follow him?. All I see is a bunch of scattered minimal games played in Russian leagues and numbers that are o.k to good but not like his little bro and what he did last year.

Anyone know something more?

Anyone know something more?

He was playing with men when he was 17 years old and the RSL is one of the most difficult leagues to put up big numbers and they only award one assist per goal.

He has top end speed and can handle the puck very well at that speed.

As for not producing like Sergei.

It appears as though Sergei plays a more north american style but I assure you that had Andrei come over to play in the WHL he would have put up some excellent numbers as well.

He was playing with men when he was 17 years old and the RSL is one of the most difficult leagues to put up big numbers and they only award one assist per goal.

It appears as though Sergei plays a more north american style but I assure you that had Andrei come over to play in the WHL he would have put up some excellent numbers as well.

That explains a lot. Like all you guys I hope we are onto something. I love the fact we have brothers on the team. Sergei seems to be a winner too. He has this infectious thing about him. Makes you want to like him.

I don't know if anyone caught the moment he wiped out the official and was grinning ear to ear when the ref said something and gave him a pat on the shoulder.......I hope this kid stays for a while and pots a few goals quickly.

Really? I wondered why so many guys had average numbers over there

I had no idea. That's why the numbers in the RSL are never very impressive!|

JMMR is correct about the numbers, etc.

I'd say Kostitsyn having a PPG season in the AHL at age 21 was pretty impressive, though. I realize it was his 3rd season, but it's amazing how far he's come after being such a raw talent.

In the Russian 2nd league I think he had pretty good numbers, which is where he was for most of the time before he was 19 and came to North America. And then if you get his international numbers, in particular the U-18s and U-20s, you'll see some very good performances. I think he had good numbers with the men's Belarus squad in an international tourney as well.

Euro league numbers at 18 are really difficult to extract offensive dynamos from. I think Milan Michalek had about 4 goals in his draft year in the Czech league.... and I think Rostislav Olesz had one.