Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 12/15/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on Lats or Big Kosty?
Cristobal Huet got medical clearance to return to the lineup and will back up Carey Price, who will make his sixth straight start in goal tonight when the Canadiens host the Maple Leafs. Price has beaten the Leafs twice in a row and will face them for the first time at the Bell Centre... Michael Ryder returns to the lineup in Guillaume Latendresse's place, likely playing at his off-wing on the left side. Ryder will also get his usual power-play time on the first unit...Andrei Kostitsyn was questionable on Friday after skipping practice, but will play tonight. Kostitsyn took a therapy day on Friday after banging up his knee Thursday in Philadelphia. - TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

FROM TSN ICE CHIPS

Thank you as always Spider-Man NL. I think Sergei Kostitsyn owes you a goal for these threads you make. I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting you one :clap:

I hope for a well played game. I hope we do it like we did in Philly. Three men back. Good decisions on when to pinch or go from one forechecker to two. What worries me about this game (the rivalry) is how game plans and tendencies get thrown out the window sometimes. There's definitely no time to think too much about a/the play. Instinct has to be there. Something we might have problems with tonight due to our recent record at home lacking confidence. Or, is T.O. just what the doctor ordered for Les Canadiens? We'll see.

I want to see some good crisp passes. I hope they are clicking. I'd be happy to hear that they did some passing through traffic drills and anti-interception drills today. Let's have good clearing decisions from our zone to our blueline. Puck possession.

We need Ryder. AC states the obvious :P It would be cool if he could get some inspiration. I'll be watching him for work ethic. Let's go Ryder!

Stay out of the box.

GO HABS GO. :hlogo: