Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 12/18/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of keeping price in net for this game. Lets try to keep the chemistry we have created and ride this short but productive hot streak...

Anytime you wipe the leafs off the ice its a productive game... ;)

Isn't every habs game a must win game?

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

looks like Ryder will play again tonight with Gui sitting in the press box. Im sure latendresse isn't overly thrilled with being shelved for two games when he claimed he was healthy enough to play.

You have to wonder if this is a directive from Gainey, telling Carbo to give Ryder some minutes to potentially increase his trade value. The team seems to have moved on without him so there's no doubt that a trade would be beneficial. I would bet that as soon as Ryder pots a goal or two he'll be on his way out of town.

Carbo in an interview yesterday after practice said that although he and Gainey speak all the time the decision of who plays remains with him only.

Im sure latendresse isn't overly thrilled with being shelved for two games when he claimed he was healthy enough to play.

Players often claim they're fine to play well before they're 100 percent, so I don't see using caution and resting him one more game as a bad thing.

Carbo in an interview yesterday after practice said that although he and Gainey speak all the time the decision of who plays remains with him only.

of course he said this, but a little "suggestion" by gainey would go a long way I think.

I've been trapped into eating supper with these people I hardly know. I expect to be back in time for the second half of the game though.

I predict a 2-1 habs win.

looks like Ryder will play again tonight with Gui sitting in the press box. Im sure latendresse isn't overly thrilled with being shelved for two games when he claimed he was healthy enough to play.

You have to wonder if this is a directive from Gainey, telling Carbo to give Ryder some minutes to potentially increase his trade value. The team seems to have moved on without him so there's no doubt that a trade would be beneficial. I would bet that as soon as Ryder pots a goal or two he'll be on his way out of town.

Ryder is a two-time 30 goal-scorer, we weren't just going to put him on the shelf for the rest of the season. Yes, we do want to increase his trade value, but he played one of his best games on Saturday and he deserves to play tonight. I doubt Gainey is micromanaging Carbo's decisions, and anyway Carbo's smart enough to understand the situation with Ryder.

I've been trapped into eating supper with these people I hardly know. I expect to be back in time for the second half of the game though.

I predict a 2-1 habs win.

I have become a Jedi master in excuse-making, even in a pinch when put on the spot, to avoid any situation that might cause me to miss a Habs game.

For the love of God, why do the Habs insist on dumping the puck in and then do a line change. :angry:

Because leaving the puck in the neutral zone and going for a line change is a bad idea...?

Because leaving the puck in the neutral zone and going for a line change is a bad idea...?

Oh, so taking the puck into their zone and shooting it on net is a bad thing? Defense first, and only?

Nice to see the D make a hit on a player trying to cross Habs blue line.

O'byrne is having a terrible game. He is screwing around in his zone instead of getting the puck out. He keeps making bad decisions with it and turning over the puck (or giving it to the wrong guy who is then pressured).

He needs to simplify his game in a hurry...