Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 12/18/07

Spider-Man NL

whatever pal.....if your happy with that kind of goaltending then by all means....Price is great! , hes awesome!!, hes the best thing since slice bread. :rolleyes:

I think that beer you got on the rock is a little too strong for you.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever pal.....if your happy with that kind of goaltending then by all means....Price is great! , hes awesome!!, hes the best thing since slice bread. :rolleyes:

Good back up but he still hasnt taken Huets job. If our coach had a brain Huet would have been in there tonight, he's the damn #1

I dunno man, take a look at what Luongo, and Dipietro, did as rookies. I'd say Price is already ahead of the curve.

OK... everyone, he's the expert (yours trully) bottom line on Price: he's a franchise goalie in the Luongo/Brodeur mold. Very much worth a 5th pick. The fact that he's dealing this well with the pressure of being a goalie in the NHL, in Montreal nonetheless, is a testament to his mental toughness. A bunch of highly-touted 20 yrs old goalies didn't looked this good at that age: Giguere, Luongo, Dipietro, Leclaire, Blackburn, Lethonen, Fleury, etc. The only exception in recent years is Cam Ward.

All that being said, being a reliable #1 goalie in the NHL isn't something that happens overnight, not even after 1 season. Give 2, 3 years of good work before judging. Just look at Huet. It's his 3rd season here and people are still not convinced he's a true #1. And he's around 30 yrs old.

What about the way this entire team has been playing for the last month or so? Forget about who has been in goal. The whole team has sucked ass. It just seems like your being overly critical of Price. There's lots of blame to go around. Why pile it all on his back?

Good back up but he still hasnt taken Huets job. If our coach had a brain Huet would have been in there tonight, he's the damn #1

hindsight.. Price has played well and he decided to go with the same lineup...

Had he put in Huet and the team stunk out the joint, youw would post the opposite.. :)

His reasoning was sound to stick with Price for another game based on his previous play.

I think that beer you got on the rock is a little too strong for you.

I don't drink and I know a good goalie when I see one....so far I've seen two tonight...one is wearing white and the other is sitting on the Habs bench.

I don't drink and I know a good goalie when I see one....so far I've seen two tonight...one is wearing white and the other is sitting on the Habs bench.

And when you're done felating Huet, maybe you can watch some of the other games Price has been a part of. Just a thought.

Lol, quick we had better trade him. Spidey knows something that most NHL GM's who would kill for a prospect like Price don't know.

hindsight.. Price has played well and he decided to go with the same lineup...

Had he put in Huet and the team stunk out the joint, youw would post the opposite.. :)

His reasoning was sound to stick with Price for another game based on his previous play.

The way I see it Huet deserves the majority of the games, he is the #1 and it's about time someone put some confidence in him. What Carbo has said here is he has less confidence in him than the backup goalie. It put across a bad message and we now might end up with two shakey goalies.

I've watched all of Price's game...most of them hes allowed 3-4 goals a game.

I'm impressed, a multi-tasker!

Lol, quick we had better trade him. Spidey knows something that most NHL GM's who would kill for a prospect like Price don't know.

Look out! Spidey's Milbury Sense is tingling!