Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 12/18/07

Spider-Man NL

That multiplied my anger over Price's colossal ######-ups. If he limits himself to one bad goal, we get a point. Not that the team wasn't bad for 40 minutes....but still.

Yeah, that's a tough one to take. I hope the kid learns, but he's not too hard on himself; easier said than done, though. I expect him to come out strong whenever he starts next, which I don't see being until the new year to be perfectly honest (Unless we have a back-to-back, I haven't checked).

Hopefully Huet can be steady in the next game, and Montreal can play for 60 minutes.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, lets blame every other year since 1993 on Price too. Damn you Carey Price!

He didn't do his job tonight...it's no more or no less than that. He still has a ton of potential, and has been very good at times for the Habs this season. But tonight, he wasn't very good.

We are still lacking the one thing we have needed for years, a purely offensive 1st line winger for Koivu. I wouldn't put the blame on Price because 3 goals aren't that big of a deal, thats a pretty average amount of goals to allow. The blame rests solely on those responsible for making trades.

Who else is missing Dandy on the 1st line? lol

Price is a 20 year old goalie who made a mental mistake. If you watched the Florida feed of the game

they showed a Canadiens goalie from the past making the exact same error vs the Panthers. His name was Patrick Roy.

Shit happens.

But let's scapegoat Koivu's brutal turnover on the first goal.

Let's scapegoat Price's brutal giveaway.

Let's not talk about 2 scoring chances through 2 periods.

Let's not talk about losing almost every battle for a loose puck.

Let's not talk about our forwards 50 minute pleasure skate around the perimeter.

It was an abysmal team effort and they deserved to lose.

He didn't do his job tonight...it's no more or no less than that. He still has a ton of potential, and has been very good at times for the Habs this season. But tonight, he wasn't very good.

I agree, I'm just in "defend price mode" now, you'll have to excuse me. :P

who the f*ck to you think you are to insult me like that???

Actually, I've been insulting you for the past 10 minutes. I'm kind of disappointed that you just picked up on it now.

When you come out publicly and excrete the kind of "knowledge" you claim to have, be prepared for a backlash. Just because I'm not some Huet fanboy (I don't hate him, either. He's our #1) and you are....I don't even know what you are. Are you related to Huet? Or just some schoolyard crush on him?

Yeah, Huet is the number 1 on this team. There's no disputing that. But for you to have such a hard-on for Huet that because the best goaltending prospect we've had since Roy is actually playing half-decently IN HIS FIRST SEASON PRO AS A 20 YEAR-OLD that you have some vedetta against him is just unfathomable.

And that's who the "f*ck" I am.

Yes, perhaps if Price the 20 year old rookie goaltender hadn't of had a mental cramp, and hadn't of let in 1 bad goal, we could've been in the game still and perhaps came out with the win. The fact of the matter is, this team (despite the very late effort) did not play for the win from puckdrop. They saved it all till the very end when they had to scramble. Price could've stolen this game for us if he had stopped the 2 bad goals, but that is just a good reason why we can't rely on him every single game...YET. Huet should get the nod next game, and how about we SIT ryder and let Latendresse play as well. Ryder did absolutely nothing out there.

I hope so. He blasted out of the gate but lately he's been dreadful. We need him to be better on D and he can.

Price had nothing to do with the loss. We were goofy tonight. 60 mins? :blink:

Shhhhh. Quiet down. People are hunting Price right now!

Actually, I've been insulting you for the past 10 minutes. I'm kind of disappointed that you just picked up on it now.

When you come out publicly and excrete the kind of "knowledge" you claim to have, be prepared for a backlash. Just because I'm not some Huet fanboy (I don't hate him, either. He's our #1) and you are....I don't even know what you are. Are you related to Huet? Or just some schoolyard crush on him?

Yeah, Huet is the number 1 on this team. There's no disputing that. But for you to have such a hard-on for Huet that because the best goaltending prospect we've had since Roy is actually playing half-decently IN HIS FIRST SEASON PRO AS A 20 YEAR-OLD that you have some vedetta against him is just unfathomable.

And that's who the "f*ck" I am.

f*ck you too.....btw, you can make the game threads from now on.

I hope so. He blasted out of the gate but lately he's been dreadful. We need him to be better on D and he can.

Price had nothing to do with the loss. We were goofy tonight. 60 mins? :blink:

Huet has been putting up with this same effort for a couple years now, this wont change. Until we get the trade we need Montreal will only be a mediocre team, our talent and goaltending will forever be offset by gutless play and lack of work ethic.

Wow, I guess your taking your ball and going home. I think we all appreciate the game threads. Just wondering why all the hate towards Price, when Huet has had a few bad games this year and you haven't said a word.

Awww, pumpkin. When you manage to get your tail out from between your legs, I'll be here to cuddle!

Dude, JLP...that is the worst clipart I've ever seen. I love it :P

You can't help but giggle when you see it.

Yes, perhaps if Price the 20 year old rookie goaltender hadn't of had a mental cramp, and hadn't of let in 1 bad goal, we could've been in the game still and perhaps came out with the win. The fact of the matter is, this team (despite the very late effort) did not play for the win from puckdrop. They saved it all till the very end when they had to scramble. Price could've stolen this game for us if he had stopped the 2 bad goals, but that is just a good reason why we can't rely on him every single game...YET. Huet should get the nod next game, and how about we SIT ryder and let Latendresse play as well. Ryder did absolutely nothing out there.

I cannot believe the expectations on this kid. It is not like the Weiss goal was brutal and the first goal was an empty net.

He is 20 years old. Go take a look at Martin Brodeur's NHL video from when he was 20. Oh yeah, he never played more than 4 games til he was 21.

Well lets look at Luongo then. oh he was 7-14 you say. Lundqvist? Kipprusoff? Miller? Ward? Hasek? Huet? Not in the league.

Let's get a grip here. 6 hours ago everybody was gushing. It is 1 game.

This team has 8-9 players under the age of 25. WTF is with all the panic and hate?

I cannot believe the expectations on this kid. It is not like the Weiss goal was brutal and the first goal was an empty net.

He is 20 years old. Go take a look at Martin Brodeur's NHL video from when he was 20. Oh yeah, he never played more than 4 games til he was 21.

Well lets look at Luongo then. oh he was 7-14 you say. Lundqvist? Kipprusoff? Miller? Ward? Hasek? Huet? Not in the league.

This team has 8-9 players under the age of 25. WTF is with all the panic and hate?

Your guess is as good as mine. Just don't guess too hard, it angers the locals.

Playing Price tonight was the right call; we were on a bit of a hot streak so the safest decision was to keep the same roster. Besides, Price needs to have these games if he's ever going to become a better hockey player. If the team didn't depend on their goalies to steal games, then Price letting in three goals in a "bad game" is really the best we can possibly hope for from him. But the team does rely on him to steal games though how can you blame him for the team's fault? He was chosen 5th overall in a stacked draft and he's managed to live up to the hype - what more can you ask for?

By the way, Huet is probably better at "stealing" games but he's also awfully inconsistant and shouldn't be playing more than 55 games in a season.

I have high expectations on him, but I am not saying I expect him to be amazing at this point of his career. He's been playing excellent so far for a rookie. What i was just saying in my post is that we couldve won the game if he didn't have that mental cramp, and perhaps stopped that 3rd goal which was pretty weak. however, when i say that, i am in no way putting the blame on him. he is inexperienced and you should expect goals like that from an inexperienced goalie. Huet is still the number 1 in Montreal, but I like our goaltending situation with price providing competition.

Why is there always blame? In a game where there was zero effort and lack of commitment a million things can be pointed out.

If Huet was in would he have won that game? I don't know, but I can tell you that Huet has blown games this year with poor play.

So why call out Price? Because a 20 year old made a mistake?

Remember in the Stanley Cup Final when Brodeur cost his team a game when he dropped his stick it hit it and went through his legs.

The great ones come back with strong performances. He knows he ######ed up. Let's see how he responds to being the goat for the first time.

It was an embarrasing game to watch. And it is no different than what they have shown all year.

I have high expectations on him, but I am not saying I expect him to be amazing at this point of his career. He's been playing excellent so far for a rookie. What i was just saying in my post is that we couldve won the game if he didn't have that mental cramp, and perhaps stopped that 3rd goal which was pretty weak. however, when i say that, i am in no way putting the blame on him. he is inexperienced and you should expect goals like that from an inexperienced goalie. Huet is still the number 1 in Montreal, but I like our goaltending situation with price providing competition.

I think everybody forgets that our previous saviour let in a ton of brutal goals during the 86 season.

So many that Larry Robinson had to take him aside before the playoffs and tell him "no more bad goals"

He was also benched in favour of Hayward in the 87 Playoffs.

This team is not ready for prime time. Get used to the flashes, but until they acquire a Superstar or the youth matures,

this team will continue to be inconsistent.

Edited by Wamsley01