Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 12/18/07

Spider-Man NL

Why is there always blame? In a game where there was zero effort and lack of commitment a million things can be pointed out.

If Huet was in would he have won that game? I don't know, but I can tell you that Huet has blown games this year with poor play.

So why call out Price? Because a 20 year old made a mistake?

Remember in the Stanley Cup Final when Brodeur cost his team a game when he dropped his stick it hit it and went through his legs.

The great ones come back with strong performances. He knows he ######ed up. Let's see how he responds to being the goat for the first time.

It was an embarrasing game to watch. And it is no different than what they have shown all year.

I'm agreeing with you. I didn't intend my post to seem like it was blaming the guy, but it was simplying stating observations. I was saying IF he stopped that Weiss goal, and IF he didn't mess up that pass to let the Panthers score on the open net, it was a different game. I'm not saying he should've, more so saying he could've. He was capable of stopping the Weiss goal and if he did it would've been a different game. But yea i do agree with you, this team didn't even deserve the win the way they played, and they didn't really help Price out at all.

I have no anger towards Price after that game, I only have frustrations towards the team effort. I'm really counting on Bob making a move...however, when could we ever count on Gainey to make a big move since Kovalev..

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm agreeing with you. I didn't intend my post to seem like it was blaming the guy, but it was simplying stating observations. I was saying IF he stopped that Weiss goal, and IF he didn't mess up that pass to let the Panthers score on the open net, it was a different game. I'm not saying he should've, more so saying he could've. He was capable of stopping the Weiss goal and if he did it would've been a different game. But yea i do agree with you, this team didn't even deserve the win the way they played, and they didn't really help Price out at all.

I have no anger towards Price after that game, I only have frustrations towards the team effort. I'm really counting on Bob making a move...however, when could we ever count on Gainey to make a big move since Kovalev..

I am not centering out you in anyway. I just did not expect to come on here to see people blaming individuals.

That was a bad team performance. I knew after the Price giveaway they were in trouble. Florida dominated.

That in itself should be a wakeup call. There are no easy games anymore.

Look at the Leafs tonight. They let their guard down for 30 seconds and cost themselves a point.

Edited by Wamsley01

I am not centering out you in anyway. I just did not expect to come on here to see people blaming individuals.

That was a bad team performance. I knew after the Price giveaway they were in trouble. Florida dominated.

That in itself should be a wakeup call. There are no easy games anymore.

Look at the Leafs tonight. They let their guard down for 30 seconds and cost themselves a point.

hahaha I was watching that game..flipping back and forth a little. I was sure the leafs would come out with the win up 2-0 late in the third. I flip back and its Carolina celebrating and the leafs skating off the ice.. :wacko:

it was great. lol

hahaha I was watching that game..flipping back and forth a little. I was sure the leafs would come out with the win up 2-0 late in the third. I flip back and its Carolina celebrating and the leafs skating off the ice.. :wacko:

it was great. lol

I thought it was over as well. Then I heard Potvin on the Panthers telecast say it was in OT and I watched the GWG. :clap:

Whoa, what the hell is going on in here?

5 points out of a possible last 6 before tonight, then a loss by a 1-goal margin, and suddenly the emotions are roaring to the point where the's some pretty intense name calling going on... Are we turning into Leafs fans?

Come on guys, get a hold of yourselves. It's just a game. It's a very important part of our lives, as hockey fans, but it's still.. just a game.. let's keep a cool head.

Anger has a time and place - it's useful for stirring up the adrenaline you need when you're in a fight for your life and you're trying to kick someone's ass to survive.

On an internet forum, it serves no purpose.

Let's put this behind us and move on.

Edited by Cataclaw

Wow, glad I missed the slag-fest on here.

We are heading towards youth, the Kosts will eventually be ctr'd by Plex; Higgins will have maybe a real centre (his age - not demeaning Koivu) and a big goalscorer (Lats???) to play with; Chips and Lapierre on the 3rd, need a scoring winger there (D'Agostini?); 4th line, crash and bang, moveable parts.

Price in net; Markov-Komi; Hamr-O'B; Gorges-Cote? McDonough? Subban?

We're going to take a few lumps. As long as the young players don't let up, always play hard, create, polish their skills, we'll be OK.

And if Bob snags Hossa (and the UFA Ovechkin!) as well ;) , then one day we might actually beat the Panthers.

But yes, it does blow hard to lose to them again. I smacked the desk, let off a few choice expletives...now looking forward to the rest of the day and a Flames-like sizzling road trip coming up.

Edited by tokyohabs

Just got in after 2 and a half extra days in Montreal. Didnt see the game, but pretty surprised by some of the knocks on Price. He let in 3 goals? Trade him. Bottom line is this team should be getting 3 or more goals in a home game against a sub-.500 team. Until then, we are not contenders.

Jesus, what happened with Koivu. Sounds like a league-reviewable play? Could he get suspended? Was it a head shot?

Wow What a game!!!!!

Koivu this year has a scrap, almost two. Cross checking misconduct mean-streak developing. Reminds me of the days he'd go into the corners with Lindros and big Eric would come out bleeding.

Price? Ya he f*cked up but hes developing a skill that not too many goalies have, once it's fine tuned he'll win us more games then not using it.

Hey Spidey.....you are usually so quiet. What happened? Chill dude I'm feelin you but Price will prevail. Now everybody kiss and make-up I want Spidey to keep making the threads. If he doesn't Cataclaw might and we all know what that means. The thread being posted during the second or third period, or better yet a week after the game is played.

:lol:

P.s Cataclaw..........it's a joke

EDIT : Apparently i can't self-delete a post, so i'll just post some arbitrary comment:

The habs will win the next game. Yeah. Go habs go!

SAKS: hey now, i made nice game threads! :(

Edited by Cataclaw

Jesus, what happened with Koivu. Sounds like a league-reviewable play? Could he get suspended? Was it a head shot?

Relax...it was a cross-check right between the shoulder blades...no way he gets suspended for something like that.

Truthfully, I'm glad he got angry and lashed out at the end of that game...it shows he gives a damn again. I hope it continues.

Edited by sbhatt

Price beats Leafs=God

Price one rookie mistake=next big failure.

You guys take your opinion to much on the last played game. It sucks he made that mistake, otherwise we could have had points (in a game we never should have). But this things will eventually make him a better goalie. Price will be the real deal!

How did Lil'Kost play?

Disappointing loss.

Even more disappointing is the sub-par discussion in this thread! Some of you guys are getting a little HFboards on us here. Price made a mistake: so? When was the last time you were perfect during a 60 minute performance? The only thing that this goof means is that "pie in the sky" people like me will have to wait a bit longer to see Price take over the reigns. I was really hoping that Huet could be moved for some offensive help, but this may be premature .... we'll have to see how the next few months go.

Spidey" everyone appreciates the effort you put in to these threads ... however, you should prepare for a backlash when you poo-poo our only blue-chip prospect on the team. And come on, Alexandre Daigle was a little over the top!

EDIT : Apparently i can't self-delete a post, so i'll just post some arbitrary comment:

The habs will win the next game. Yeah. Go habs go!

SAKS: hey now, i made nice game threads! :(

Ya, I know. Spidey has been so loyal though, and you can always count on him. Perfect timing too, always. I got bummed seeing him get slammed just because he had a pissy night....we all have them. You came to mind when you made a game thread not knowing that Spidey makes them all the time, when you first joined......That's all. Oh and that stat thread you've got going is great, but it's not always updated on time. No big deal, it's a lot of work, I understand but hence the 2nd or 3rd period joke. Your comments always kill me too. Very Carol Brady'ish at times. I love it. It makes me laugh. I'm not dogging you.

Just kidding around after a rough night, please don't be offended.

You're a bit of an asshole, aren't you?

Awww, I remember you. Still sour from that little spat we had a week ago? :P

I'm more than a bit of an asshole when you push the right buttons; otherwise I'm pretty tame. Look at the 3 or so years I've been around here, I very rarely lose my cool. (Granted, I was MIA for quite some time :P)

If you want to talk hockey, or even get really into a discussion about it, by all means; It's the unbacked comments and hatred that really sets me off. It's really not even an opinion at that point. It would be one thing to say "I hate Toren because he's a jerk and doesn't know when to shut up". It's another thing to say something like "Toren is a piece of shit."

I know everyone here appreciates the game threads, and that really has nothing to do with anything we were arguing about, so I don't even see why it was brought up other than to polarize the forums on the argument against me. But whatever, it's water under the bridge. Keep up the good work on the game threads and lay off on Pricey a bit, he's a youngin' ;)

lay off on Pricey a bit, he's a youngin' ;)

It'd be easier to lay off if so many on this board weren't so goddamned quick to anoint him the second coming of 'Saint' Patrick Roy. Carey Price hasn't done anything to indicate he's a lock to be a starting NHL goaltender yet, let alone a star in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, I hope and pray that he does turn out to be that good....but....I'm not going to delude myself into believing that's his destiny until he convinces me with his play on the ice. And that doesn't mean playing great for a season or two either; after all, Jose Theodore won the Hart and Vezina trophies...and we all know how that turned out! I'll reserve judgement on his potential for a good long time...because it'll take that long to determine what he's going to amount to one way or the other.

Tonight though, he stunk: one goal that he gave the other team because he wandered and then made a bonehead play, and the other was a long unscreened shot that you'd expect a Jr. A goalie to stop 99 times out of 100. He wasn't alone in that, because his team stunk too....but GREAT goalies keep the 'bad' goals out to give their team a chance to win when they're at less than their best. He'll get many more chances to do that...not a big deal.

Edited by sbhatt

It'd be easier to lay off if so many on this board weren't so goddamned quick to anoint him the second coming of 'Saint' Patrick Roy.

I don't see why he should get burned by the fans simply because some fans are a bit too quick to state his readiness to become a great goalie ... lets be honest, if he is a bust it will be the greatest disappointment possible: no prospect in a very long time has held as much promise!