Stanley Cup Finals Thread | #1 (East) Tampa Bay vs. #6 (West) Calgary

Fanpuck33_

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

So, if Iginla is so great, why didn't he produce a goal? No, I am not being serious, I am just pointing out the flaws in your guy's last argument and St. Louis and Leclavier not scoring in Game 3.

Niemenen is establishing himself as a dirty player. He has had a number of questionable hits this postseason, and that his on Leclavier was vicious. He first used his hand to try to knock his helmet off, then rammed his head into the boards from behind. He should be suspended for that crap.

[Edited on 6-1-04 by Fanpuck33]

So what Igi didnt produce a goal. At least Iginla played his heart out in the last game. And what about St Louis or Lecavalier then? They didnt have a goal either. The one goal tampa scored was lucky not cuz it wasnt a good shot but that joke of a referee Fraser called 2 penalties to Calgary when it should've been only one.

Now about Niemenen, that's totally crap getting suspended. Just because Lecavalier is a good player he gets suspended? I've never heard that before. Lecavlaier didnt even get hurt damit. He just faked it. But because it would've been obvious nothing had happened he didnt play after that but sat on the bench and while he was down the other tbay player was yelling to him to stay down. So if you believe that shit then you must be ....... I dont wanna say anything.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Guy_Guy_Guy

Now about Niemenen, that's totally crap getting suspended. Just because Lecavalier is a good player he gets suspended? I've never heard that before. Lecavlaier didnt even get hurt damit. He just faked it. But because it would've been obvious nothing had happened he didnt play after that but sat on the bench and while he was down the other tbay player was yelling to him to stay down. So if you believe that shit then you must be ....... I dont wanna say anything.

Are you kidding me? That hit was vicious for a number of reasons. First, he hit him from behind. Second, he led with his arms and aimed at his head. Third, he then drove his head directly into the boards. And you say he wasn't hurt? Did you see the blood? He could have had a serious head injury as a result of that hit.

Originally posted by puck7x

I've seen dozens of hits this year that we're worse then the one Nemo put on Lecavalier, and those hits went unpunished

This is true, but that doesn't make this hit any less vicious. There was clearly an intent to injure, and that warrants a suspension. Stillman's hit was dirty too, but he didn't hit the guy from behind. I have seen far too many high elbows this playoffs.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Iginla did handle him pretty easily. A few seconds within the fight and Lecavalier was down.

Iginla was still standing.

Doesn't sound like a tough skirmish to me.

Vinny didn't go down because of the punches. He had trouble keeping his balance. He got some good early blows in there. Not bad for his 2nd fight of the season. He's not a fighter, while Iginla fights somewhat often. Fighting in the NHL takes some experience. I thought Vinny handled himself fairly well.

[Edited on 6-3-04 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Are you kidding me? That hit was vicious for a number of reasons. First, he hit him from behind. Second, he led with his arms and aimed at his head. Third, he then drove his head directly into the boards. And you say he wasn't hurt? Did you see the blood? He could have had a serious head injury as a result of that hit.

I guess your right. After I rewatched the hit over and over I realized that it was a clear head shot... But still, like I said, I've seen worse that have gone unpunished, my problem is with the NHL, they show zero consistantcy... Plus the reasoning for the suspensions is stupid as hell. I heard Colin Campbell (pretty sure it was him) say that Stillman would have been suspended if Donovan wasnt able to play the next game...

ARGH!!!

The ACT should be punished! Not the result of the act!

Originally posted by puck7x

I heard Colin Campbell (pretty sure it was him) say that Stillman would have been suspended if Donovan wasnt able to play the next game...

ARGH!!!

The ACT should be punished! Not the result of the act!

I agree with this completely. I was about to mention how nice it was to see a suspension, despite the fact that Lacavalier turned out to be not seriously injured. And the NHL wonders why it is in trouble.

Game over! Saprykin wins it in overtime! A great end to a really awesome hockey game!

Flames going back to Calgary with a chance to win the Stanley Cup...

Great pick by GoHabs2002! :clap::clap::clap:

[Edited on 2004-6-4 by puck7x]

Wow, I seriously thought that the Canadian team to win the Cup after over a decade would be the last one that won it.

Now, I could be wrong.

That sucks...not being able to say to anti-habs (leafs fans, "Who was the last Canadian team to win the Cup?"

Yes, It will eliminate that saying, but hey, the cup hasnt been in canada since 1993, and it needs to be here. I would die if another american team won it....

Don't forget, we still will have the most cups, and certainly more than the leafs, so we can still say the best thing ever and u know what that is

After a pretty dull 1st period of game-6 this has turned into a great game... the 2nd was awesome. Richards scored the first goal of the game, and later added a 2nd... Those are 2 huge blocks for Calgary to overcome, these days the team who scores first ALWAYS wins, and whenever Richards has scored this year Tampa has won....

Ohh well, go Flames!

Game #6 is going to OT... Flames win and the cups is theirs, Tampa wins and the series will go 7.

Tampa controlled the 1st half of the game, Calgary the 2nd.

My OT Picks

----------------

Calgary: Gelinas (who else? lol)

Tampa: Richards

Wow, controversial no-goal there for Calgary. One angle made it look like the puck was over the line, but I don't think it was definitive, like the announcers did. Ah well, good game so far.

TB: St. Louis breaks out of his funk

Flames: Gelinas obviously

I am so tired of refs "letting the players decide the game" in OT. There were so many non calls in that OT period. Richards was hammered without the puck, Iginla was held up from gaining an odd man rush. Not to mention the high sticks and elbows. Call a penalty or two refs. :wall:

:( Tampa wins.

I honestly didnt think Tampa was going to score in OT. Calgary had control of the game since the 2nd half of it... I was certain the Flames would win the cup tonight. It was a huge downer when St Louis won it in OT...

Onto game #7 ... I hope its as exciting as most of game #6 was.

:clap: Finally I got one right. I don't think I had an OT game winner picked correctly all playoffs.

Great game. This has been quite a good series. Sadly enough, it must come to and end Monday night, or perhaps Tuesday morning.

[Edited on 6-6-04 by Fanpuck33]

Sutter's conspiracy theory doesn't look so stupid now.

I beatcha if that was Tampa, they would have called down and counted it.

Win or lose, Calgary deserve a TON of credit.

If they win tonight, it will be one of the most remarkable championships in history.

Look at who they were missing. 4 of their top 9 forwards (Reinprecht,McAmmond,Donovan,Lombardi) and possibily 2 of their top 4 dmen (Regehr,Gauthier).

No other team in the NHL could have gotten this far with those injuries while beating those kinds of teams.

"They are not without Regehr"

They might be...He left the arena after game 6 in an ankle/lower leg cast. No one really knows what happened or when it occurred, but Unless its life/career threatening he'll be in the lineup for sure.

There's a shroud of secrecy over the Robyn Regehr situation.

After Game Six on Saturday, Regehr was seen leaving the Saddledome with a walking cast on. On Sunday, everyone was wondering what was going on. When the Flames team bus pulled up to the hotel in Tampa Bay, Regehr was nowhere to be found leading some to speculate that he won't play in Game Seven.

Nobody knows that for sure, because we don't know what the problem is. Obviously there is a problem, but having said that, he did play the entire game on Saturday and was on the ice when Martin St. Louis scored the game winner in double overtime.

I think one could speculate that Regehr is at least possible to play in Game Seven.

Whatever injury he has - and we may end up telling Bobby Baun stories before this is over -- if Regehr plays with a fractured ankle and wins Game Seven of the finals. We've seen that anything is possible.

If it is a foot or ankle problem, the biggest concern could be getting the skate on, if there is swelling in the area. The fact that Regehr finished the game shows us that he can handle whatever pain he may be dealing with. If he can put on skate, I would think he would play.

Having said that, with injuries in the Stanley Cup final - especially if there's only one game left - you don't ever assume anything. You just have to wait for the latest news