Stanley Cup Finals Thread | #1 (East) Tampa Bay vs. #6 (West) Calgary

Fanpuck33_

Originally posted by habitual_hab
Originally posted by Habs77

Keep whining 'til you're blue in the face... CGY still lost to Tampa fair & square, it's a shame some people have to be such sore losers.

Post an opinion opposite to that of Habs77 and he calls you a sore loser. And he's a Moderator? What kind of bullshit site is this? ###### you asshole.

Well, thats not very nice to say... :nono:

I'll tell you this, the moderators/admin (myself included) do not "police" this board, the role of mods/admins is to maintain the forum (keep it tidy looking). We let users work out their own problems with each other (except in <u>extreme</u> circumstances). So calling the site bullshit because Habs77 is a moderator isnt fair, he's not expected to act like a regular mod on another site would.

[Edited on 2004-6-9 by puck7x]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just when i wanted to propose habitual_hab to be a new moderator ;)

habs77 does a big job keeping the discussions and forum active.. don't take it personal :/) refute arguments, no attack on people

[Edited on 2004-6-9 by sakiqc]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Tampa still had $8 tickets because they couldn't sell out the stadium.

No, Tampa holds their 8 dollar seats (likely standing room only) to sell on game days. I've heard of teams doing this before.

Next season we need a team that:

is as dedicated as puck7x; mixes it up like Habs77, and works as hard as habitual_hab's thesaurus.

;););)

then we win the cup.

It's easier to fluke a championship in the NFL or European Football since the series are just one game.

Or you could say that the one-game factor makes it harder to win, since you have to scout the opposing team before the game begins, and there aren't any "Game 2" if you lose the first one.

That's why you don't see any Ducks, Lightning, Hurricanes or Wild-type teams getting close to the Superbowl.

Habs77 says a TB victory is a victory for NHL fans everywhere and being omnipotent it must be so?

He's an idiot if he believes that.

If the Flames had benn blown out like the Habs were against Carolina then I'd tip my hat - but they didn't and I won't.

Heh, 'blown-out'.

Tampa was damn lucky for at least 2 games in that series.

No, Tampa holds their 8 dollar seats (likely standing room only) to sell on game days. I've heard of teams doing this before.

No, it's a well-known fact that Tampa has $8 tickets in the playoffs.

http://www.tampabaylive.com/stories/2004/0...40510fans.shtml

Or is this still good for the NHL, like you claim? Despite the fact that High School events get higher ratings.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

No, it's a well-known fact that Tampa has $8 tickets in the playoffs.

This backs up my point perfectly. They don't sell these seats with the others, only selling them on game days. This is exactly the point I was making. There is nothing wrong with this. This article even shows that people camped out overnight for tickets. These do not sound like idiot fans to me.