Game Thread | Montreal vs. Atlanta | 12/22/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least the boys came back and tied the game after being behind for 40 minutes. I'm a little surprised that Kovy didn't shoot 2nd.

Also, Koivu needs to mix up his moves a little. It's the same one everytime.

Brother does too. But it works for him.

tonight we played well enough to win.. but didn't makes up for our last game I guess. we played like shit and won! so.. the universe has balance afterall. g'night lads and gals.

keep the faith.. we get back on the horse tomorrow night. lets see what the boys are made of on back to back nights....

at least we got the point.. 3 of 4 points on the road thus far.. I'll take it.

GO HABS GO!

Why not just hang a shirt when Huet is in there. brutal. Has he ever won a shootout?

At least he got us as far as the shoot-out. When you only let in two goals in regulation, you should win more often than not.

He has but he is just brutal.

I would put price in cold.

Can you do that?

Either way Huet would demand a trade right after....what would that say about the teams confidence in him.

At least he got us as far as the shoot-out. When you only let in two goals in regulation, you should win more often than not.

I never commented on regulation. He is obviously overmatched in the shootout.

How can you have a .930 Save% and be less than 50% on shootouts.

I hope there isn't a bunch of negative junk about this loss. 37 shots is a good thing. 3 points out of 4 on the road is a good thing. A goal by the rookie is a good thing. And coming from behind after 40 minutes shows some character, and is a good thing.

Huet faced two of the top shooters in the league.. the first shot was right off the post top corner... that is a goal no matter who is in net.

the second was a nice deke, he almost got it anyway.

It doesn't really matter anyway, out guys couldn't bury one.

I never commented on regulation. He is obviously overmatched in the shootout.

How can you have a .930 Save% and be less than 50% on shootouts.

I know you didn't...just thought I should float that out there though for those pushing for Price as #1 goaltender.

Huet faced two of the top shooters in the league.. the first shot was right off the post top corner... that is a goal no matter who is in net.

the second was a nice deke, he almost got it anyway.

It doesn't really matter anyway, out guys couldn't bury one.

The guy is less than 50% on shootout attempts. What about Price stopping Malkin, Crosby, Armstrong etc, they are top shooters....those are excuses.

Name me the last time he won in the shootout. Nobody can remember off the top of their head.

Why is Marc Denis dominant in shootouts?

Why not just hang a shirt when Huet is in there. brutal. Has he ever won a shootout?

his shootout average is lousy partly because his players don't score.

i might add that (i) hossa's shot was incredible and (ii) kozlov has the second best shootout percentage OF ALL TIME.

I think that we should put price in the net for shootouts. The only problem with that is that he is cold. I still think that he would be better in the shootout than a Huet. Huet is good in regulation but is just not a shootout goalie.

his shootout average is lousy partly because his players don't score.

i might add that (i) hossa's shot was incredible and (ii) kozlov has the second best shootout percentage OF ALL TIME.

You're kidding right? Huet gives up 17 goals on 33 shots and it is the shooters?

I think that we should put price in the net for shootouts. The only problem with that is that he is cold. I still think that he would be better in the shootout than a Huet. Huet is good in regulation but is just not a shootout goalie.

I wouldn't. It is just a major flaw in Huets game. Like it or not the shootout could determine if we make it or not