Game Thread | Montreal vs. Dallas | 12/23/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does every team in the league have one player who only sees about 5 minutes of playing time to be a thug?

What I'd like to see is the players standing up for themselves that is true toughness. It would show that the Habs don't need bullies to bully them around, nor do they need to get their own thug.

Standing up for yourself is better then getting someone to do the "enforcer" act for you.

Go through the rosters. I wish that too. But it is NOT happening. I think you are being about naive, the game is going to get rougher.

Go through the rosters. I wish that too. But it is NOT happening. I think you are being about naive, the game is going to get rougher.

When you have skill, you can have nice playbooks.... ;)

yeah too bad Habs don't have the skill the Stars do . . . . . :o oh wait we gave them their skill. merde.

What I'd like to see is the players standing up for themselves that is true toughness. It would show that the Habs don't need bullies to bully them around, nor do they need to get their own thug.

Standing up for yourself is better then getting someone to do the "enforcer" act for you.

Great theory...until one of your top players breaks his hand throwing a punch.

I dunno when I think of "enforcers" Chris Simon comes to mind, something the Habs don't need.

Poor example. Look through the lineup of the teams in the Stanley Cup final last year. I do not see Heatley or Alfredsson get nearly the abuse Higgins and Koivu get game in and game out.

LOL, I can't speak french.. so all I hear on RDS is blah blah Riberio blah blah blah blah Riberio... BLAH BLAH BLAH Riberio.. Blah Gainey Blah Riberio... Blah Morrow, Blah Riberio...

I wonder what they might be talking about. :)

It was an incredibly stupid trade, and Bob Gainey deserves plenty of abuse for it....but let's not make Ribs out to be Gretzky for God's sake.

It was a necessary trade. Not because Ribs sucked though!

The fans and media in Montreal made him in to a rock star and unfortunately Ribs became that rock star. In Dallas, he is just another player.

Latendresse needs to be careful.

Hey, that's the 3D go habs go pic i made! :lol:

I hope Ribeiro gets slammed by Komisaurus Rex.. i'm Portuguese, but even i don't like that little punk. :angry:

Shut up, Cat...you're a porkchop too? No kiddin'!

Where's the family from?

Personally, I think it was a necessary trade, BUT only because we didn't have any D at the time. I think at that point, Ribs had turned a page in his life... his partygoing friends were gone from the team, he was focusing on being a good father, and I think his game might have improved even if he had stayed in Montreal. It's really too bad Bob couldn't have gotten something better than Janni.

Edited by lazy26