Game Thread | Montreal vs. Dallas | 12/23/07

Spider-Man NL

It was an incredibly stupid trade, and Bob Gainey deserves plenty of abuse for it....but let's not make Ribs out to be Gretzky for God's sake.

See, that is what I don't get. No one called him Gretzky, but the fact is he is a much better player then most people on these boards will ever admit.

People love talking up Pleks like he is Crosby, Koivu like he is the Rocket, and Price like he is Patrick Roy.

I still wish that Ribs was a habs, but even if he wasn't, I know we should have gotten way more then that useless punk Niinimaa.

I always find it funny that the last full season ribs was in Montreal he was 'crap', yet he had more points in that season that Pleks has managed to get. Hell, he got more then Kovalev got last year. Yes, Ribs is a useless punk and Pleks/Higgins/Lats are hall of famers...

I just hope that the org judges the players better without emotion and bias. At least that way if they decide to trade players they don't lose asset value in the process. Hopefully they won't have to dump "rock star Lats" because he doesn't turn into a top line power forward by the age of 25.

Personally, I think it was a necessary trade, BUT only because we didn't have any D at the time. I

LOL, unfortunately, we still didn't have any D after the trade. :)

I have long held the opinion that if they had to trade him, they traded him way too early that season. Poor timing.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 goals on 10 shots....Price is looking pretty good so far. :(

Maybe things get said to you (that hurt your feelings) because of stupid comments like that.

But I'm sure your right....he is a rookie that has played in 15 games, his career is finished, he's a career back up at best. :wacko:

Well, Streit is hitting the net better.. came close...

Now, that was a cross check.. ouch.. probably a good idea.. saved a sure goal...

Habs need to get one here, stay in the game and go into the 3rd with some momentum...

Shut up, Cat...you're a porkchop too? No kiddin'!

Where's the family from?

Alvados (near Porto de Mós and more or less in between Batalha / Fatima, to the south)

Born in Montréal though, but i do visit every year or two.

Força Montréal!

E tu, de onde vens?

This is painful, I've been following the Habs for many years so it even seems recent for me when Ribs was drafted. There didn't used to be streaming video, so I recall listening to CJAD and Dino "Stalker" Sisto and Pierre MacGuire reporting about Ribs the prospect then when he was coming up, and to have heard so many great things about this guy, a hometown kid who was meant to play a big role in the Habs' future. What the hell is the problem with our franchise that we send a talented youngster away for SFA.