Game Thread | Montreal vs. Dallas | 12/23/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf??? hate him because hes from the west?? what a stuipd a$$ comment.

Then I really can't figure out why you hate Price so much. It's actually beyond any sort of logic, because you haven't really made any supporting comments on to why he's going to be a bad goalie. I don't know if he's going to be the next great goalie, but you have no clue how he's going to turn out either.

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that some are reminding us of what we gave up on (?) in Ribeiro, and in the same thread we've got someone denegrating a 20-year-old rookie goalie?

Yep for the great Yawney Minima !

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that some are reminding us of what we gave up on (?) in Ribeiro, and in the same thread we've got someone denegrating a 20-year-old rookie goalie?

Impeach Price!

Patience people, patience.

Ribeiro's on fire but law of averages will kick in and he'll cool down a bit.

Price, on the other hand, will warm up with experience and confidence.

The Habs on a whole are on an upward swing, just gotta be patient.

I know 14 years is a long time, but the party will be worth it.

19 games played and most nights he allows 3-4 goals (2 of which you can be sure will be really soft goals).

he was taken 5th overall...so I expect aand want a Patrick Roy/Marty Brouder type goalie.

Is he not proving to us that he has the potential to be a Roberto Luongo? Like I said, it's amazing that a goalie his age is even in the league, top 5 pick or not. And it's not like he's been bad - he's proven that even now, he's an NHL calibre goalie. Not a superstar, but at 20 he's already a good NHLer and he's learning every game. Trust me, every game he is going to get better and better, it is extremely rare for a goalie to join the league and instantly become a star and when they do, it's usually at an older age like Huet and Thomas did two seasons ago.

Anyways, if you're not willing to put up with the growing pains of a developing star then there are very few young rookies in the past few years that you would want on your team. We are building through the draft so if you're not ready for lots of rookie mistakes then you're only going to get disappointed.

Price has the potential to be a Hall of Famer. He has proved that at every level and just about every hockey mind will agree with that. Whether he hits his potential, no one knows for sure, but one way he will NOT hit his potential is by riding the bench each time he lets in a soft goal. He needs to play to get better. Carbo is playing him. Price is improving. That's as good as we can realistically ask for.

Then I really can't figure out why you hate Price so much. It's actually beyond any sort of logic, because you haven't really made any supporting comments on to why he's going to be a bad goalie. I don't know if he's going to be the next great goalie, but you have no clue how he's going to turn out either.

he lets in a lot of soft goals....I hope I'm wrong but I don't think hes going to be much of it.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

Is he not proving to us that he has the potential to be a Roberto Luongo? Like I said, it's amazing that a goalie his age is even in the league, top 5 pick or not. And it's not like he's been bad - he's proven that even now, he's an NHL calibre goalie. Not a superstar, but at 20 he's already a good NHLer and he's learning every game. Trust me, every game he is going to get better and better, it is extremely rare for a goalie to join the league and instantly become a star and when they do, it's usually at an older age like Huet and Thomas did two seasons ago.

Anyways, if you're not willing to put up with the growing pains of a developing star then there are very few young rookies in the past few years that you would want on your team. We are building through the draft so if you're not ready for lots of rookie mistakes then you're only going to get disappointed.

Price has the potential to be a Hall of Famer. He has proved that at every level and just about every hockey mind will agree with that. Whether he hits his potential, no one knows for sure, but one way he will NOT hit his potential is by riding the bench each time he lets in a soft goal. He needs to play to get better. Carbo is playing him. Price is improving. That's as good as we can realistically ask for.

Bang on BTH!

Brodeur was drafted in 1990 and made it to the NHL in 1994 (minus a 4 game stint). That's more then 2 full seasons more experience then Price.

I guess back then Marty was a loser because he wasn't the number one goalie until 1996.

Unreal

Edited by Habitforming

Young Kosti looks better than slightly older Kosti

Young guys don't garner alot of checking attention early on either, until they show a reason for it.

if he keeps going like he is he will be checked better.

That's why Kane has slowed in his scoring pace.

lol..good point. I think there's only one person bashing Price right now though. I pretty much knew as soon as we dumped Ribeiro he would soon meet his potential. Still cant believe the best we could do was freaking Ninimaa..

Young guys don't garner alot of checking attention early on either, until they show a reason for it.

if he keeps going like he is he will be checked better.

That's why Kane has slowed in his scoring pace.

True, but the guy with the puck is always going to be checked, and he looks better with the puck right now.

lol..good point. I think there's only one person bashing Price right now though. I pretty much knew as soon as we dumped Ribeiro he would soon meet his potential. Still cant believe the best we could do was freaking Ninimaa..

Chances are slim that Ribeiro would ever have been this good had he stayed with the Habs. Gainey wanted to dump a "cancer" in the dressing room for a reliable veteran defenceman that could save our injury-plagued D. He admits that he didn't evaluate Niinimaa properly - he was probably expecting a second pairing defenceman. But still, I don't miss Ribeiro one bit so I don't have much of a problem with giving him away for free. IMO, the deal helped both teams (Dallas significantly and us a little bit, though at the time I'm sure everyone was delighted to see Ribs leaving).

maybe Toren is jumping on me because I'm from the East???

I think it has more to do with Toren being a butt-hole than it does with you being from the East.

Edited by JeanLucPilon
no name-calling

Not a very pretty picture tonite. A 4-1 good ol ass-whiping. Dallas only had 21 shots, but seemed like they had the much better chances. Wasn't expecting much in the 2nd of back-to-backs, but quite the boring game. Not blaming the kid, but Price struggled tonite. Ribeiro must be loving tonite. 3 points and looked like the most dangerous player out there. Hammy with a Souray-like blunder. One of the first times i've seen that. Habs were also pushed around tonite. Shoddy referring on the Bouillon call. Young Kosty a rare bright spot. The more i see, the more i love. Bright future there. Kovalev was trying to create, but had little help. Maybe the x-mas bread will rejuvenate the Habs.

I strongly think some moderator intervention is required right about now...

But back to tonight's game

Despite the abysmal performance, we did manage to stay .500 for the first half of the road trip, under less-than-ideal conditions (back to back games with little time to rest/prepare)

I predict 2-0-1 for the second half of the road trip, for a final total of 3-1-2.

. . . Not blaming the kid, but Price struggled tonite. . .

Yeah honestly there is a thin line between "cool" and "slow" and tonight Price crossed it. There's a lot of stuff needs working out with the team, not surprising with the youngsters, hope we come out strong next game is all we can do.

What's up with bashing Price? he had no shot on 3 goals. What would you like him to do, make the save, skate it out, then put 1 in? The Habs defense is brutal at best. They are a turnover machine.

I will give credit to lats, lapierre who showed up a bit tonight.

The pairing of Gorges and Bouillon very good, the last 3 games not on the ice for a single goal.

People on this board can single out players all they want but until the work ethic and physical play change, this is the type of team you will see. Look ok one night, you wonder if they could beat a college team the next.

Atlanta played back to back in St Loius and showed up for the win. No excuse not to give effort.