game1-3.jpg

hwgt-8.jpg

game1-pix1.jpg

game1-pix2.jpg

game1-pix3.jpg

game1-pix4.jpg

catchgamewithcbc.jpg

spidey.jpg

I'm passing the game thread torch on to you... I'll still be sticking round but I'm going to be keeping a low profie for a while. Good luck, I know you'll do an awesome job.

Spider-Man NL won't be making any game threads for a while, it seems. I dedicate this game thread in honor of Spider-Man NL! GO HABS GO

Edited by Cataclaw

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

belle job, man !!

lets stop the slump with a great effort

ps: spidey, you're more then welcomed to make more games threads. I thought you always did a nice job !!

Go Habs!

Can we do something about those mug shots of some of our players? I'm trying to indoctrinate my 1 1/2 year-old daughter, not scare her away! :lol:

Go and take this one. They are pathetic defensively, blow the doors open Carbo.

Is the top line you have listed the actual top line?

See you soon on the threads Spidey.

nice thread cataclaw!

I think we will take this one. Gotta make sure we shut down Vinny and fire a lot of shots. TB's goalies are horrible and easily shaken up.

GO HABS GO!!!

Wow if the preview is right Habs are breaking up their best line, but yeah I see the need to jump start the 1st line so I'm not surprised (actually never surprised by line-shuffling in Montreal .. . .) Anyway hopefully this works, at least won't hear how Saku doesn't have proper wingers . . . . . .

Oh and yeah I like the retro street hockey theme of the thread, any Montrealer can relate to that good job Cataclaw. Maybe you and Spidey can share the gamethread duties, take turns, like a goaltending tandem? Cata as Huet and Spidey as Price!

...>.. .. ..>.. ... umm, on second though maybe Cata should be Price ^_^ )

Can we do something about those mug shots of some of our players? I'm trying to indoctrinate my 1 1/2 year-old daughter, not scare her away! :lol:

ラピエール 怖い !!

Maybe you and Spidey can share the gamethread duties, take turns, like a goaltending tandem? Cata as Huet and Spidey as Price!

I wouldn't mind at all, but Spider-Man NL doesn't want to do any for a while. I think he wants to take it easy for a while. Maybe someday though, who knows?

Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it! Over the next couple of game threads, i'll be working to improve the basic layout and function of my GDT template. Expect changes and improvements for the next couple of threads, until i settle down into my "routine".

Spider-Man NL, thanks for and entrusting me with the GDR responsability, i'm honored, but never forget what i told you.. the day you want to return and take your job back, it's yours! I can take over for a while, but i could never replace you!

As for the game, i think Habs will come out very strong on this one, i predict an explosive 1st period.

GO HABS GO!

Ryder should be playing with Lats and Chips - at least for a game or two. Just my opinion of course, figure it'd be worth a shot and on paper it seems like a good idea.

I agree. We shouldn't just sit him out indefinitely, he wasn't terrible in the last few games he played, and the team wasn't tearing it up without him.

Hmm...

People always say Kovalev can't play with Koivu, but with both of their ability to dangle the puck, it should make for some consistent offensive zone presence. When that line is on the ice, they should try to set up a box as quickly as possible rather than dumping right away.

Also, I like the two brothers getting some solid ice time together.

But why were the lines even changed anyways? Last time I checked, Sergei, Chris and Saku weren't doing so bad...

Not like Carbo won't change the lines after 2 shifts anways.