The A&S Kostitsyn Appreciation Thread

habs_25th

These two guys have so much upside that it's going to be a pleasure seeing them blossom into budding offensive threats. A lot of people are thinking that Sergei has more potential but Andrei makes those crisp passes and plays so well with Kovy and Pleks. Man, he's got that goal scorers touch. Think any of them are going to hit 100+ points as a habs?

Edited by habs_25th

I love how the 2 of them seem to push each other. Andrei's game has elevated since his little brother came up, and you know that Sergei is trying to top Andrei. I can't wait to see what these two are capable of.

I am over hyping these two kids. There's a reason for that. It was the 2004/05 world juniors and I was especially interested in watching the Belarus games because of Andrei. Against the USA when Belarus won, Andrei was player of the game. A moment of dread for USA junior fans. I'm sure they remember. I also remember another Kostitsyn out there for those games. The announcers called him "Sergei". I kid you not my thinking was:

"WHO IS THAT?" :clap: :clap: :clap:

"DRAFT HIM GAINEY PLEASE" :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and he does :lol:

bermj9.png

They're just getting started :hlogo:

I am over hyping these two kids. There's a reason for that. It was the 2004/05 world juniors and I was especially interested in watching the Belarus games because of Andrei. Against the USA when Belarus won, Andrei was player of the game. A moment of dread for USA junior fans. I'm sure they remember. I also remember another Kostitsyn out there for those games. The announcers called him "Sergei". I kid you not my thinking was:

"WHO IS THAT?" :clap: :clap: :clap:

"DRAFT HIM GAINEY PLEASE" :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and he does :lol:

bermj9.png

They're just getting started :hlogo:

But he waited an awfully long time to do so!

These two guys have so much upside that it's going to be a pleasure seeing them blossom into budding offensive threats. A lot of people are thinking that Sergei has more potential but Andrei makes those crisp passes and plays so well with Kovy and Pleks. Man, he's got that goal scorers touch. Think any of them are going to hit 100+ points as a habs?

No I don't think either of them will hit a 100 points. I think it would be a stretch for either of them to hit the 75 point mark.

Theres just not enough talent on this team to do it.

Having said that, they are both pretty exciting to watch, and hopefully one day Montreal will draft or trade for a centre who will be able to bring out the best in them.

No I don't think either of them will hit a 100 points. I think it would be a stretch for either of them to hit the 75 point mark.

Theres just not enough talent on this team to do it.

Having said that, they are both pretty exciting to watch, and hopefully one day Montreal will draft or trade for a centre who will be able to bring out the best in them.

ONe of the two of them will have a 75 point season.

Sergie Kostitsyn is impressing me night after night. He makes some brilliant passes and setups. I hope he can keep it up.

Andrei is playing well overall, but we haven't really seen consistency out of him. I do think he'll catch fire at some point in the next month or two, remember how he was playing at the end of last season?

Sergie Kostitsyn is impressing me night after night. He makes some brilliant passes and setups. I hope he can keep it up.

Andrei is playing well overall, but we haven't really seen consistency out of him. I do think he'll catch fire at some point in the next month or two, remember how he was playing at the end of last season?

10 points in the last 10 games, with only 1 pointless game in that stretch, is pretty damn consistent.

10 points in the last 10 games, with only 1 pointless game in that stretch, is pretty damn consistent.

Ten games is a start. But then there was that terrible game where he missed all those beautiful feeds, it was against Dallas I think, maybe Atlanta. Lots of chances have come his way recently, he's starting to cash them in.

Make that 13 points in his last 12 games! :clap:

Sergei's energy snapped Koivu out of his useless spell...that alone makes him an extremely valuable contributor to the team already this season. The kid knows where to go on the ice, has good hands, and is shifty...I see good things for him as he learns the NHL game.

Andrei has a great shot, has some speed, and seems willing to go to the net hard....those qualities should allow him to evolve into a consistant 30 goal man in the very near future.

I love them both. Andrei is more offensive minded but have a bit of a hard time in the defensive zone while Sergei is not as good offensivly but is very responsible defensively.

i'd like to see a Kost - Kovy - Kost line. I think that would kick some butt.

• 2 weeks later...

I love what the brothers have brought to this team.

Andrei, I always had faith in, he has all the tools to be an elite

offensive forward. It took a long time coming, his medical issues

had to be resolved. He had to learn how to be at least a decent

defensive player, so they brought him along slowly. The sky is

really the limit with him, I'm thinking Hossa type potentail and

I don't mean Marcel.

Sergei, has been dominate just about everywhere he has played.

He dominated in junior, he was the defence on the line with Gagne and

Kane and it seems the physical presence. He moves on to the AHL and

starts to dominate there as a ROOKIE. Now, he moves on to the NHL

and just seems to fit, he's a fine alround player.

I might be in a minority here, but I'd like to see both of them play

the position they've had the most success with. For Andrei, thats

RW and for Sergei that LW. Seeing what both have done and maybe

they're playing out of position makes me think they have huge upside.

The other thing I like about both is that they seem to have that gritty

edge, a bit of a mean streak you like to see in European players.

The other thing I like about both is that they seem to have that gritty

edge, a bit of a mean streak you like to see in European players.

definitely agree with you there. Andrei laid out a poor penguins player on saturday's loss, and Sergei got a couple of good body checks in the Thursday night game.

Both brothers are keepers!