Game Thread | Habs vs. Panthers | 28/12/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for the Habs tonite. 3-1-1 roadtrip, one more win to cap it off would be nice. Only saw bits and pieces of the 2nd and 3rd periods, as i was occupied at the pub. 3 fights in one game. Holy crap. Nice to see Gorges getting some regular icetime. Huet sharp. Kovy didn't hit the scoresheet, but seemed dangerous again. Higgins with 3 points to lead the way.

Keep it up.

What's going on with the game thread participation?

Dec 18 - 15 pages

Dec 20 - 12 pages

Dec 22 - 12 pages

Dec 23 - 10 pages

Dec 27 - 7 pages

Dec 28 - 5 pages

The last two games were against Tampa and Florida, so really, who cares?

Oh, I'd just like to mention that with our beloved Kostitsyn nickname being censored, from now on we should use every conceivable synonym of #### (breasts, boobs, gonzagas) as a form of protest. I'll start.

Both of the Bosoms brothers played really well tonight, even though they were kept off the scoresheet.

Yeah. I'd like to see Breast Brothers play together on the same line one day, or at least get some ice time together on special teams.

Massive Mellons and his little brother Smaller-but-equally-appreciable Boobs are going to be an integral part of this club's future.

Big win...hopefully they play the same attacking style against the Rangers.

yea ill take 5 goals on 21 shots each game ratio :P

Without getting anything away from the team we got lucky on the opposition goalers on our road games in the X-Mas vacation.

Only good one we faced was Turco.

Partisan

Wow, it feels like the sky is falling on the boys and then, bang....2 wins and we're in 2nd in the conference. I know we've had a lot to complain about in recent games, by the way they've played, but on the whole, we really cant complain about where we are.

As for the Funbag brothers, I like their play of late, and really hope that Carbo is encouraging their offensive style.

geez, i go to the holiday games in florida last year and we come out with two embarassing 3-1 losses, sending us on our downward spiral.

I miss out on these two and we win each handily! I should stop watching the Habs in person...

Lets keep it going against the Rags!

Yeah, fook the rags.

Great results, let's make it realy count with a w - or at the very least a 'bonus point (how wank)' - v. the broadway tossers.

20-odd shots ain't gonna do it against Lundquist, though. Here's to Gui's two goals, a Kovy 'lucky' one, and the Newf's first hat-trick.

Sorry to break the news guys but I won't see the game against the Rangers as I'll be in a barn jamming in Ontario, retirement gig in Barrie Monday. Do me a favour, don't block the goalie!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

About O'byrne is it just fouled or a brken thumb? Anyone know, no other more than me would be devassated by a Brisebois return.

Anyway, two lessons to learn for O'byrne, lace you sweater and no need to drop against

no name crap at the end of a sure win game. Just hit them hard, punish them, but no need to drop. A heavy hit, hurts opponent pride and guts. Komo should do just the same, drop but only when the stakes are high and the oppopnent his equally valuable on the ice.

Great game by the boys last night and Thrusday night.

Like someone else mentionned, we got lucky these past two games that the opposing goalies sucked. Cause Florida had twice as many shots on net than our Habs did!

IN any case, it was nice to see Ryder score a gfoal, and Higgins played a monster of a game! Huet was solid and the D played a good game!

The boys wil have to play a better game if they expect to beat the Rangers on Sunday!

Great game by the boys last night and Thrusday night.

Like someone else mentionned, we got lucky these past two games that the opposing goalies sucked. Cause Florida had twice as many shots on net than our Habs did!

IN any case, it was nice to see Ryder score a gfoal, and Higgins played a monster of a game! Huet was solid and the D played a good game!

The boys wil have to play a better game if they expect to beat the Rangers on Sunday!

Higgins man... he's a beast. He just keeps going and going, puts in more effort than any other single guy on the team imho. he's on pace for 30 goals too! Consider a while back when he wasn't scoring but was getting amazing chance after amazing chance; getting robbed by bad luck or superhuman goalie moves. If he had potted some of those in, he'd have close to 20 goals. And Komisarek, what a team player. I love that two of my favourite Habs are great friends too. I'd love to meet them at a bar in Montreal one day and buy them some drinks!

Seibu Arena is out on the Chou line right? Been to a couple of games out there a long time ago

I sent you a PM

Tell me, too Please

This was such an awesome game! The first period made me giggle and laugh with glee!!!

Higgins was SO FREAKIN AWESOME. Man. So many guys pulled through, Gorges had his best game of the year (right after I criticized him in that other thread). Komisarek was his usual beastly self. Kovalev didn't get on the score sheet but he was great as well. What an awesome game. I didn't care too much about Huet not getting the shutout, he was good but kinda lucky that a few of those other chances didn't find the back of the net.

The shot totals really don't tell the story, we were dominant in this game. On to New York!

And what's the record with Cataclaw making the game day thread? We might have to make this permanent.

Higgins man... he's a beast. He just keeps going and going, puts in more effort than any other single guy on the team imho. he's on pace for 30 goals too! Consider a while back when he wasn't scoring but was getting amazing chance after amazing chance; getting robbed by bad luck or superhuman goalie moves. If he had potted some of those in, he'd have close to 20 goals. And Komisarek, what a team player. I love that two of my favourite Habs are great friends too. I'd love to meet them at a bar in Montreal one day and buy them some drinks!

But he's on pace for about 50 points. He's still underachieving and I think most people expected a lot more from him (30 goals for him was pretty much a given if he stayed healthy). He's playing like a great thirdliner (I'm not really counting last night where he picked up three points) but he's our top left winger and we need him to play like a great 1st liner which he isn't doing as long as he's not finishing his chances.

2-0-0, but i wouldn't expect to hit 1.000 :P

BTH: Geez, so negative! First of all, he's on pace for a total closer to 60 than 50, and when the whole team is suffering, he suffers too. When his linemates are doing well, he gets a spark as well. Considering his bad luck earlier in the season and the current circumstances, i'm satisfied with Higgins' play. I hope for more of the same!

This is a guy with 40-40 potential. I can live with 30 goals, but he should be getting atleast as many assists consiering the talent he has. Of course, had he been playing with a decent RW the entire season (and had Koivu not slumped) he would have more points but he also has not been potting his chances. A guy like him (he can almost be considered a power forward) needs to finish more chances if he wants to be considered a first liner or to be successful. Like I said, he's playing like a great thirdliner (which is not really an insult - Madden, Fisher, Pahlsson, Chipchura are some examples of great or potentially great third liners) but he isn't producing offensively at the rate of a top line player. Personally, I expect and want a lot more from him - he's one of the guys that this team needs to step it up.

I expect more from Higgins, he gets to sad when the team is losing but he is a 2nd half player so I am excited to see what he can do after the all star break. 60 points would not make me happy he said he was a 40 40 man and although I believed those to be lofty expectations he said them and he is an alternate captain now he MUST help Koivu and Kovalev lead this team offensively.

I expect more from Higgins, he gets to sad when the team is losing but he is a 2nd half player so I am excited to see what he can do after the all star break. 60 points would not make me happy he said he was a 40 40 man and although I believed those to be lofty expectations he said them and he is an alternate captain now he MUST help Koivu and Kovalev lead this team offensively.

For the record, Higgins never said he was a 40-40 man, he said he would LIKE to be a 40-40 man (someday)

For the record, Higgins never said he was a 40-40 man, he said he would LIKE to be a 40-40 man (someday)

Got my hopes up.

and by saying he would like to be is setting the bar no matter how you slice it.