Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 05/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this game not on CBC today??

Because the CBC is stupid. :lol:

What a drag that the Habs game is on now and the WJC's - Sweden and Canada starts at 2:00. :angry: The Caps @ Habs game is not the priority for me. I want to watch in glory and very possible dread for Canada to do its best today :clap: .

Hopefully the intermissions will not be synchronized and I can catch hours of wonderful hockey :D

GO HABS GO! :hlogo:

:can:

Man, what a nice pass from Kovy.. faked the shot then fired a pass that landed right on the tape of Pleks. Nice finish by Pleks.

Personally, I think Pleks is benefitting greatly this year from Kovy. If you put him on a line with Smo, Pleks would have Ryder stats. Seriously. I hope bob doesn't get suckered into thinking pleks is a real number 2 guy, because I firmly believe he has a 25 percent point boost playing with Kovy. (now, if we keep Kovy with him, okay, but if we lose Kovy and lock up Pleks, expect to be dissappointed in his output next year).

Now before all the Pleks lovers start slamming me, I am not trying to slam Pleks, only point out that he works great with Kovy but I think its Kovy making that line rock, not pleks. Pleks is however good enough to play with Kovy and they have great chemistry.

Now, I am also impressed with Ryder and Higgins. They seemed to have found their chemistry together lately. Hope they keep it up.

Did Carbo just put Ryder and Higgins back with Koivu? Wonder why he would change up line that were working so well...

Pretty sure that was just for the powerplay.

Good period.

Not only did the Habs have some excellent chances, but they contained the Caps to within 6 shots and of those 6, none of them were particularly threatening.

game5-1st.jpg

I don't know how much of the game i will see because of the World Jrs.

GO CANADA GOO

PVR...

I am going to record the first part of the world juniors while I finish watching the habs, then catch up by the 2nd period on the world juniors.

Its days like these that make my HD PVR and HD TV all worth is. :)

I wonder what the hell I am going to do tonight????

Great first period by the boys. What an amazing pass by Kovy to plex for the goal.

Let's hope the boys don't come out flat in the second like they did against Tampa!

Go Habs Go!!!

I'm happy about the early start because this is the first time in a long time that I can listen to a live game, I'd really like to see one. Crap, things were going great and all of a suddent Alex O scores Crap

What a beautiful goal by Kostitsyn. This kid is starting to show us some nice moves!

Too bad Ovechkin had to score not long after!

Nice save by Price!!!!

Idiotic penalty on Lapierre. Since when can you not knock the stick out of someone's hands???

The last 2 years... I don't like it, but they call that a slash now.

Unbelieveable.. the habs have missed 3 sure goals on empty nets now, just can't put it in. They could be blowing out the Caps with a tad more luck.

Nice save by Price!!!!

The last 2 years... I don't like it, but they call that a slash now.

A slash should only be called with an intent to injure. Lapierre caught nothing but WOOD!

Edited by Juice33