Can you believe this?

Mr. Nasty

Yep. I'm still not convinced he can be an above average 1st line centre in the NHL even with his play this year but this is just about market value.

If he continues to put up the same number of points he is this year, that's not out of line...in fact, he'd be somewhat underpaid comparatively for his production:

Mike Ribeiro: 21g 23a 44p

Saku Koivu: 7g 24a 31p (4.75mil)

Jason Arnott: 14g 19a 33p (4.5mil)

Paul Kariya: 11g 23a 34p (6mil)

Michael Nylander: 10g 25a 35p (5.5mil)

Chris Drury: 11g 18a 29p (7.05mil)

Olli Jokinen: 20g 21a 41p (5.5mil)

If he continues to put up the same number of points he is this year, that's not out of line...in fact, he'd be somewhat underpaid comparatively for his production:

Mike Ribeiro: 21g 23a 44p

Saku Koivu: 7g 24a 31p (4.75mil)

Jason Arnott: 14g 19a 33p (4.5mil)

Paul Kariya: 11g 23a 34p (6mil)

Michael Nylander: 10g 25a 35p (5.5mil)

Chris Drury: 11g 18a 29p (7.05mil)

Olli Jokinen: 20g 21a 41p (5.5mil)

He's definitely fairly paid for his work this season, but all the guys you just named also deserved their paycheques in the years before they signed those contracts. These contracts (aside for maybe the term, which often gets out of hand) looked reasonable when they were first signed. So before we can fully judge this contract completely, we'll have to see if Ribeiro can put these numbers up consistantly.

After watching Ribs play for Dallas, I'm not too surprised. It is a little steep but he has played well. I agree that it will be interesting if he can play up to the expectations placed upon him now.

Well now he has his money I am excited to see how well he does and see what he brings in the playoffs.

But how come it is not on TSN or anything like that.

Edited by JMMR