Price

Wamsley01

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats great news, I was a little worried about his play slipping a bit from the dissapointment of being sent down.

I was at the game tonight in Hamilton. It was ugly. Price gave up 5 goals on 12 shots and was yanked 5 minutes into the second.

The first goal was bad, but 2 of the next 3 were cross ice empty netters and 1 was a breakaway.

Hamilton's defence was brutal. That team really stinks with all the kids up in Montreal. Grabovski was invisble but Chips looked good

with a goal and an assist.

What a let down. Oh well, bad night. I am sure he will rebound.

Exactly why he said invisable!! :lol:

LOL, I saw him in the warmup and just assumed he was in the lineup. I had my little guy with me and spent most of my attention on him and Price.

Edited by Wamsley01

Should we be worried about tonight's game. 7 goals let in by price. Yanked again. Does anyone have details? Were they pucks he should have stopped or did he not have a chance? Someone who knows about this PLEASE update. I'm starting to worry about the kid...

:unsure: :unsure:

Should we be worried about tonight's game. 7 goals let in by price. Yanked again. Does anyone have details? Were they pucks he should have stopped or did he not have a chance? Someone who knows about this PLEASE update. I'm starting to worry about the kid...

:unsure: :unsure:

The Dogs suck.

Price was at fault for at least 2 of the goals from what I read.

When he was sent down everyone figured he'd dominate again and then be back soon, but now it looks like maybe he may need the work.

The question that I have is how do you compare Halak and Price. Every one (me included) considers Price to be the future, however Halak has done fairly well this year behind an incredibly weak team, whereas Price has struggled.

Does this make Halak's performance in the AHL seem more impressive, or Price's seem much worse?

Price's last 2 games in the NHL and in the AHL are a bit disturbing to say the least, but he's a much better goalie than those games indicate. It's not unusual for a goalie to backslide and lose his confidence at some point in his development, I have to believe that's what's going on with Price, but I hope the poor kid pulls it together real soon and comes back to the Habs and wows all the people who have badmouthed him.

When he was sent down everyone figured he'd dominate again and then be back soon, but now it looks like maybe he may need the work.

The question that I have is how do you compare Halak and Price. Every one (me included) considers Price to be the future, however Halak has done fairly well this year behind an incredibly weak team, whereas Price has struggled.

Does this make Halak's performance in the AHL seem more impressive, or Price's seem much worse?

Price struggled in 2 out of his first 3 games. Halak was also struggling in his first few games after being sent down to the Dogs. It's unfair to say "Price has struggled with the Dogs" after playing only 3 games there.

Price struggled in 2 out of his first 3 games. Halak was also struggling in his first few games after being sent down to the Dogs. It's unfair to say "Price has struggled with the Dogs" after playing only 3 games there.

Your right he has to get used to the players and them to him.

It makes Halak's performance seem much, much more impressive. The Bulldogs are terrible this season, and their defence has a lot to do with it. The d-men from last week's games: Biron, Cote, Degon, Martin, Valentenko, Carle. 2 veterans, 3 rookies, and a guy in Degon that the Rangers thought so highly of that they let him walk for nothing. This is hurting Price to say the least, and it can be argued that the D in front of Halak a while ago was even worse than this with Biron being hurt. Price is down there to stay for a while; one way or the other, he needs the work.

that's actually a very good point. I was worried about Halak's play when he was struggling at the beginning of the season too. I guess we just give price a few more games and see where he is. If he's still struggling, THEN we start to worry...

that's actually a very good point. I was worried about Halak's play when he was struggling at the beginning of the season too. I guess we just give price a few more games and see where he is. If he's still struggling, THEN we start to worry...

Price is actually 2-2 on the farm. He won his first 2 starts.

The Dogs were brutal defensively on both fronts. D and Forwards. I saw them turn the puck over about 7-8 times in their own zone in the first period alone.

This happens to everybody. Luongo was shaky in his rookie year and was 10-12 with Lowell. Brodeur had over a 4.00 GAA and .884 Sv% with Utica.

Roy struggled so much after the Stanley Cup year that Hayward played the majority of the playoff games.

This happens, if this happens 6-7 more times this year then I may become concerned. Until then, it is no big deal. You don't do what he did last year as a fluke.

Back on track, the Dogs need the wins to get in playoffs position.

Price needs to play a full 15 games streak to get back in total game shape, just in time

for Huet injury in a month.

LOL good call.

he is 20, there is no reason to be concerned about hi...yet. IMHO and I have said it before the fact that he is getting games in Hamilton while Halak rides the pine in MTL shows that Price is higher up on the depth chart...some will argue, but it is true

Back on track, the Dogs need the wins to get in playoffs position.

Price needs to play a full 15 games streak to get back in total game shape, just in time

for Huet injury in a month.

LOL, too funny but sadly probably true. Too many people are panicing that Price isn't their saviour...yet. What he's going through now is just part of his learning process. Dealing with adversity will just be another one of the tools in his arsenal.

Price won again last night. The Bulldogs won 3-2 in a shootout.

2 goals on 18 shots. Not great, but he is back on track.

He is now 4-2 on the farm. Stats, well not so good.

Price won again last night. The Bulldogs won 3-2 in a shootout.

2 goals on 18 shots. Not great, but he is back on track.

He is now 4-2 on the farm. Stats, well not so good.

most important are wins. that generates confidence and stats will come. I mean, if they'd won 8-6 I'd be more concerned, but 3-2 is okay...

most important are wins. that generates confidence and stats will come. I mean, if they'd won 8-6 I'd be more concerned, but 3-2 is okay...

The only goalie stat that actually matters is wins anyways the other stats are for losers becuase the winner never has to look back on anything else.