Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Canadiens | 01/19/08

Habsfan84

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as i predicted, they were not ready and came out flat.. I guess they figured it would be easy with out Crosby.. but that kind of assumes that you can score...

This team just can't put together a 10 game stretch of good effort.. if we make the playoffs, how do they expect to go far?

Why wasnt PLeks on the ice? He is our 2nd best pointgetter so why put in Koivu?

He was on the ice, both of them were. Koivu was the extra attacker (in theory :) )

A fairly predictable outcome. Of all their games without Crosby, THIS one was going to be the one in which the Pens show the most incredible team commitment. They were all highly motivated to show they can win without him. On the other side, the Habs looked like a team just off a road trip: distracted, not quite sharp.

I wouldn't overreact. But it IS frustrating to watch them always hesitating with the puck. :angry:

Now cherry is bitching because the leafs were not national.. and of course, they were planning on showing crosby off, not the habs..

On the bright side, if you got the habs nationally every saturday night, they would have no fans left...

We deserved a better fate then this. We outplayed Pitts most of the game.

Was is just me or did the refs really let pitts get away with all the interference (High stick too :( ) that they were calling against us?

UGGG. My thoughts on the game:

Some decent pressure in the 2nd period, but not a lot of high quality chances. Need some secondary scoring from the Koivu line. I have to admit that Saku is looking pretty dreadful out there, weak on the puck, constantly losing possession, or even his bread and butter of passing the puck seems to be off. Carbo should have shortened the bench more in the 3rd to get Pleks line more icetime. The faster that Ryder is traded the better. Streit seemed to be very tentative when going for the pucks in the corners. Needs some more grit. Komi becoming a monster on the ice. Need much better outlet passes from the d-men. Lots of passes missing the forwards. Need better execution as this is not a dump and grind team.

What ever happened to the Ryder Higgins Kovalev Koivu 2 minute drill that was working so well last year?

Huet held us in, rest took the night off. Except maybe Komo.

What is it? They get home from a road trip, see the wives, get layed, and have no energy left?

Seems to be the case every time.

No Crosby, no Armstrong, 2nd night in a row playing, backup rusty goalie...

They get a shutout... Habs should be embarrassed.. lots of shots, but no really big saves needed. Huet on the other hand was facing some nasty shots, so kudos to him for giving them a chance.. I think he was the only one that showed up tonight, other then Komi and Hammer.