Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 31/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you're saying Markov loosing his stick along with a lucky deflection right on Schultz's stick who resulted in the OT goal is Begin and Smolinski's fault ???

Partially, because before that there was some pretty weak work along the boards.

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it Ovechkin a few years ago who spit in the face of another player during the World Juniors?

Do you think a Canadian would ever do something like that?

Yes! I have known Canadiams to do that. It is ugly but it happens. Does it matter who is better? They both are great, that is all that matters really. I would take either in a heart beat and wouldn't have regrets about not getting the other one.

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it Ovechkin a few years ago who spit in the face of another player during the World Juniors?

:rolleyes:

Oh of course not, we Canadians would never do something like that. We have a better upbringing than those dirty Russians, who would stab each other in the back in a heartbeat. They're all cheaters and rats, while we're strong and pure. Racially pure, that is. Boy, those Russians never won anything without cheating and dirty play, and when they lose they have no class. In conclusion, the Russian people and their culture are despicable.

(sarcasm, in case I have to spell it out for you)

of course not

Whoa, you're getting out of control a bit there with your exaggerating. Had a few cups of coffee? No, not even the TSN people are blind and biased enough to call Bouillon's check a dirty hit or anything against the rules. And no one knew it was a broken nose until after the game. I've yet to see Crosby bleeding during a game, so I don't know how he'd react. I agree that the way Ovechkin responded was commendable, and I also agree that he has a much more likable personality on and off the ice. Maybe Cherry would love him if he were North American, but who really gives a shite about what that racist old loudmouth thinks? He's only one guy, and I hear plenty of positive things about Ovechkin, but it's only natural that the local media would focus on the local guy. And by the way Ovechkin's flaws are overlooked too, along with every top-tier player.

And yes, I've seen on both Sportsnet and TSN, maybe RDS but I forget, that commentators bring up Alfredsson or Zetterberg etc. when talking about the best player in the league. Some even name them as such. But as I said, I have no problem with them giving that title to Lecavalier or Crosby.

TSN showed Lapierre's spear of Crosby 4-5 times in the game recap. You know, the subtle push of the stick that forced Crosby to drop like he was hit with a sniper bullet.

What about when TSN went on about what a selfish player that Kovalev was for not passing to Plekanec with the open net when it was the absolute right play, they mentioned it 5-6 times during a 2 minute highlight pack. So I would put nothing past TSN. Alot of people form their opinions from what boobs like Darren Duteschyn say.

I have seen Crosby dive and whine for 3 years now. I want the kid to succeed, but I hope he drops the bullshit. I don't think the scenario I presented about him whining and Laraque running around like an idiot are far fetched at all.

TSN showed Lapierre's spear of Crosby 4-5 times in the game recap. You know, the subtle push of the stick that forced Crosby to drop like he was hit with a sniper bullet.

What about when TSN went on about what a selfish player that Kovalev was for not passing to Plekanec with the open net when it was the absolute right play, they mentioned it 5-6 times during a 2 minute highlight pack. So I would put nothing past TSN. Alot of people form their opinions from what boobs like Darren Duteschyn say.

I have seen Crosby dive and whine for 3 years now. I want the kid to succeed, but I hope he drops the bullshit. I don't think the scenario I presented about him whining and Laraque running around like an idiot are far fetched at all.

Well they wouldn't be able to call the Bouillon hit dirty because it was clearly clean. The Lapierre spear was a dirty play, plain and simple, yeah maybe he embellished it.

And Kovalev has been a selfish player in the past, they made the wrong call on that play, but so what? Every sportscaster does it once in a while. It was such a minor thing, and even the RDS announcers mentioned that he could have made the pass to Plex. It's hardly in the league of calling a good clean body check a dirty play simply because it's against Sid the Kid. I understand that lots of people have a vendetta against TSN because it's the Toronto Sports Network, but many of those (maybe including you judging by this post) dislike them to the point of paranoia.

And yeah, I agree that your scenario with Laraque could have happened, I never said I didn't. But what also could happen is that Crosby gets up and plays the rest of the game hard just like Ovechkin did. I don't like his diving and whining either, but he's not the only guy who does it, and yeah he doesn't get called out on it by TSN and such, but on the flipside he gets a lot more focus on it by people like you. I too hope he matures and isn't bitching at the ref 20 minutes a game when he's 27.

Nah, we just swing sticks and break their ankles.

Well they wouldn't be able to call the Bouillon hit dirty because it was clearly clean. The Lapierre spear was a dirty play, plain and simple, yeah maybe he embellished it.

And Kovalev has been a selfish player in the past, they made the wrong call on that play, but so what? Every sportscaster does it once in a while. It was such a minor thing, and even the RDS announcers mentioned that he could have made the pass to Plex. It's hardly in the league of calling a good clean body check a dirty play simply because it's against Sid the Kid. I understand that lots of people have a vendetta against TSN because it's the Toronto Sports Network, but many of those (maybe including you judging by this post) dislike them to the point of paranoia.

And yeah, I agree that your scenario with Laraque could have happened, I never said I didn't. But what also could happen is that Crosby gets up and plays the rest of the game hard just like Ovechkin did. I don't like his diving and whining either, but he's not the only guy who does it, and yeah he doesn't get called out on it by TSN and such, but on the flipside he gets a lot more focus on it by people like you. I too hope he matures and isn't bitching at the ref 20 minutes a game when he's 27.

I am just pointing out that TSN is not non partial and nothing surprises me in their coverage.

They call their panel "experts". Mike Milbury? Glen Healey? Tie Domi? experts?

Crosby needs to play hockey and stop believing his own hype. He is a great player, but right now I would rather have Ovechkin.

That could change in a year, 2 or 3. But right now I would take the Great 8.

holy bandwagon. crosby is a wizard and has x10 the press/media/canadian boy pressure that caveman does. im not saying he's better, but he aint worse.

By "hockey player" I mean what a hockey player is meant to be. An old-school hockey player like Richard and Howe used to be. Guys who don't need enforcers to look after them and guys who can take a hit, get up and then take another one with no whining involved.

Obviously, Crosby has a lot of talent, but he does not have that ideal hockey-player tough-guy attitude that used to be a pre-requisite for all aspiring NHL players. I love small guys who challenge bigger players, but it seems that nowadays, being a competitor and playing with guts is no longer necessary to be a top hockey player.

Crosby is strong on the puck and isn't scared to take a hit, but the way he whines and dives is embarassing IMO. Ovechkin is an inspiration. And to think, at one point in time, every player in the league worked like him. At one point in time, every player in the league truly was a hockey player.

I am just pointing out that TSN is not non partial and nothing surprises me in their coverage.

They call their panel "experts". Mike Milbury? Glen Healey? Tie Domi? experts?

Crosby needs to play hockey and stop believing his own hype. He is a great player, but right now I would rather have Ovechkin.

That could change in a year, 2 or 3. But right now I would take the Great 8.

I'll agree with that. TSN's goal seems to be to find the stupidest people with the most questionable track records to be the 'experts' and tell us ignorant folk all about the game.

By "hockey player" I mean what a hockey player is meant to be. An old-school hockey player like Richard and Howe used to be. Guys who don't need enforcers to look after them and guys who can take a hit, get up and then take another one with no whining involved.

Obviously, Crosby has a lot of talent, but he does not have that ideal hockey-player tough-guy attitude that used to be a pre-requisite for all aspiring NHL players. I love small guys who challenge bigger players, but it seems that nowadays, being a competitor and playing with guts is no longer necessary to be a top hockey player.

Crosby is strong on the puck and isn't scared to take a hit, but the way he whines and dives is embarassing IMO. Ovechkin is an inspiration. And to think, at one point in time, every player in the league worked like him. At one point in time, every player in the league truly was a hockey player.

Egh, I don't know, that sounds like a case of 'in the good ole days.' Yeah, back then hockey players weren't multimillionaire superstars, but they were also in worse shape, less dedicated to the game year-round, slower, and less skilled. Plus, I'm sure that there were plenty of lazy farts in the league back then, but we only remember the great players. From what I see NHL players give close to 100% almost all of the time, probably the highest in pro sports besides football maybe, where everyone is going balls to the wall each play.