Euro '04

dinamo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if the Czech's dont win the tournament.

This team has won 8 straight games since last March. They have amazing depth and skill.

France has not looked impressive. They were very lucky to beat England, tied the Croatians, and barley beat the Swiss.

The only other superpower is England, and they would liklely have to go threw France again (which might be a good thing, I dunno).

England is a supernation only because media makes them.

Without Wayne Rooney they would be nothing right now. Beckham delivers but Owen can't get the ball on net.

I hope England win tonight but people have to realize that England hasn't won anything but their own tournament back in 1966.

As long as France have Zidane and Henry on the field they always have the cance to win.

My rank:

1. Czech Republic

2. France

3. Sweden ( And Im really trying not to be a patriot)

1-0 England over the host Portugal, deep into the 2nd half... M.Owen finally showed up and scored a goal. England suffered a huge loss in the first half when Rooney went off with an injury.

Portugal is really pressing, lets see if England can hold on.

Oh yeah... C.Ronaldo is one really funny looking guy... Whats the deal with his hair and the earings?

Portugal tied it... 1-1 now... A French flashback for England?

[Edited on 2004-6-24 by puck7x]

Wow!!!! a goal each for England and Portugal in silver-goal extra time (silver-goal was a really stupid idea... Who invented it?) . Lampard ties it up...

2-2 going to penalties?

This has been a pretty good game. Its been dominated by Portugal for the most part, but the ending has been amazing... and its not over yet.

Portugal wins on penalties!!! Very exciting penalty kicks, after Beckham missed the first one I thought Portugal would win, then Portugal missed one of theirs and the advantage was with England... they went to extra penalties, The Portugal goalie Ricardo made the save, and then he took Portugals next shot and scored to win it for Portugal!!! Goalie beating Goalie!

Awesome stuff.

Fair but sad.

Rooneys injury may have cost England the game. And the goal that wasn't goal in the last minute of the game? I bet that there will be some huge headlines about that in brittish press.

I had picked England to win, but the second I saw Rooney go off... I was certain Portugal would come out on top at the end.

Superb shot for Portugal's OT goal... but then kudos to England for having to stomach to come back.

Then Beckham shows us exactly what sets Zidane apart, talented but also clutch.

Then great story to see the keeper make the deciding save followed by the deciding goal.

The other quaterfinals will be hard-pressed to match this one.

Another choke-job by Beckham, i've never been a fan of his but that was just ridiculous.

The Rooney injury didn't help matters at all either.

I can't wait to see Rooney at World Cup 2006, if he's this good now, how good can he get with more seasoning?

What a header by Charisteas, woohooooo ... this Greece team is simply awesome. They were nothing and their new coach Rehagel formed a great team. Rehakles is their new god down there ... :king: :clap:

Thursday was a bad day ... Ronney injured his ankle and England lost. :( :nono: :(

VIVA PORTUGAL!

I missed all but the extra time and wow what a finish, dying seconds of the first half of added time. Greece has been such a huge story, weren't supposed to even have a chance to make it through the opening round.

Should be an exciting final with the hometown Portugese and the cinderella Greeks.

What a tourney :wall: I am still pissed at the performance of the Croatians. Glad to see Van Nistelrooy get suspended for two international matches.....what a suck!!! He alone is the downfall of the Dutch, they should never have brought him into the team.

Stunned by the Greeks, should make for a fun final. I've got a few Portugese neighbours and as many Greeks live on the same street, already yapping at each other last night during the Canada Day fireworks.

Milan Baros looks like he will win the Golden boot with five goals. Maniche, Rui Costa and Christiano Ronaldo each have two.

For more international European football, the 2006 World Cup qualifying games begin on the 18th of August.

[Edited on 2004/7/2 by dinamo]

You can't blame VanTheMan for anything, he was by far the best player for his Dutch team. If they would have only played with 2 forwards, Van Nistelrooy could have played even better.

[Edited on 3-7-04 by habsfannr1]

Wow! What a surprise by the Greeks! Nobody expected it and it seems the Grece Euro win yesterday shut the mouth to everyone lol.. no post in the Euro thread on the final game day hehe.

Well, congratulations to the Grece.. should give a special winning atmosphere for the olympics. Grece will have more proud to show..

It was good Portugal could make it to the final game as well.