Game Thread | Habs vs. Evil Incarnate | 07/02/08

Cataclaw

I agree. Brisebois i still a liability out there. Luckily, he hasn't cost us too many goals this year. Let's not forget that these are his last few games in a Habs jersey. He will most likely be retiring after this season.

Everytime he messes up I always think of Urkel....

DID I DO THAAAT?

Edited by OneSharpMarble

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone check out the southeast. What a dog fight that has become.

Just like that! Carolina goes from third overall in the conference to 10th and should Atlanta win tonight, Washington will drop to 10th and Atlanta would jump from 11th to third. Crazy.

We must keep up the hard work. Fortunately we have almost a 10 pt lead on Boston, but as the Sens have proven a 10 pt lead can disappear fairly quickly.

Keep working boys........

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

I hope they are not looking past tonight to Saturday. Ottawa are going to have Alfie and Heatly back so it would be nice if it was them playing for the division lead rather than us.

Maybe that is why Carbo started Price tonight. So that they will focus on not hanging the kid out to dry.

Although 2 of the times Price started against the Leafs he faced close to 20 shots in the first period.

I would really like a nice 3-4 goal win with zero 3rd period stress. :lol:

I don't know about you, but I feel the MOST stress with a 3-4 goal lead.

Hallelujah!! Amen Brotha! Actually, make it a 4 goal lead going into the 3rd period. that would be stressless and that way i'll be able to make fun of the leaves fans at the bell Centre without having my boys choke in the 3rd and make me look ike a loser in the process!

GO HABS GO!!!

So, anyone else gonna be at the game tonight?

IS McCabe back as well? If so you can bet he's good for a goat goal............... :hlogo:

According to TSN's ICE CHIPS he's pencilled in to play........... :clap:

Edited by kenadian

I'm missing this one which usually means a loss but it's the Leafs, we can handle them.

And yeah, McCabe is playing his first game since Kosty broke his wrist last time we owned them.

With Hammer out, our D could get pushed around with the Leafs dump and down low cycle approach. Hopefully the Habs capitalize on the chances they get and burn them with some speed.

The Leafs are one of those teams that I never feel good about the Habs playing, no matter how bad they have been playing lately.

I'm a little nervous about tonights game. the first goal will be huge, because you know the laffs will come out really hard to try and set the tone early. I hope the boys are ready. Then again, i'm sure carbo has them ready.

I'm a little nervous about tonights game. the first goal will be huge, because you know the laffs will come out really hard to try and set the tone early. I hope the boys are ready. Then again, i'm sure carbo has them ready.

Now that's a statement I have no confidence in.

Pressure, pressure pressure....................

Get on them from the puck drop, and they'll turn the puck over.....there a team in disarray.

Dissarray.jpg

Edited by kenadian

Two scenarios.

The Leafs will be hungry after the humiliation versus the cats. Yes, I noted thet former Habs Zednik scored a hattrick. As long as he does it versus the Leafs he's an asset to our team.

Or...

Salt in the wounds! The Habs are better than Florida and should win by two digits!

Two scenarios.

The Leafs will be hungry after the humiliation versus the cats. Yes, I noted thet former Habs Zednik scored a hattrick. As long as he does it versus the Leafs he's an asset to our team.

Or...

Salt in the wounds! The Habs are better than Florida and should win by two digits!

The Leafs have a tendency to get humiliated before they play the Habs.

7-2 loss to Ottawa, 5-0 loss to Atlanta, 8-2 loss to Pittsburgh, 5-1 loss to Washington, 5-2 loss to the Isles, 5-1 in Phoenix and 8-0 yesterday.

Those are all in the last 2 seasons.

But the way the Habs are playing they will only lose if they beat themselves or Toskala stands on his head.

If they come out skating hard and pushing the play the Leafs will not be able to contain their speed

and transition game. Amazing how much their transition game has changed in 1 year.

No Souray, Rivet, Dandenault makes a huge difference.