Game Thread | Habs vs. Evil Incarnate | 07/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov gave Koivu an easy pass, he figured that Koivu would be ready to take it off the boards.. Koivu looked lost out there..

I say 50 percent Markov, 50 percent Koivu..

In any case, it was a team loss. The team didn't come out hard and were not sharp. They poured it on at the end, but it was too little, too late.

They sure do have trouble playing bad teams at home.

They did not lose that game because of Carey Price, Andrei Markov, Saku Koivu.

They failed to match the intensity of a team that got shellacked 8-0. They should not have a problem

matching their intensity with a chance to take over first in the East.

But this is a young team. These things happen, we will see how they respond to it.

That is 3 straight games where they have not worked hard for 60 minutes. Two of the games

cost them a win, one of them they barely hung on to the victory.

They need a dose of reality to make sure they don't sag.

I think Higgins' demotion came at the cost of his confidence, and it showed. He needs to be on the top two lines. We need to have two lines that at least threaten to score. I expect we'll see Ryder next game.

Most of the team deserves equal blame tonight, except for the top line, and I think Gorges played a hell of a game.

of all the players to blame from this loss I think Price should be very low on the list.

I agree, but you have to admit that if that was Huet, he would definitely get the blame. .. "can't make the big save".. "didn't keep his team in it".. blah blah blah..

Price was not bad, not great.

The team was mostly just bad. :)

I don't mind losing to the Leafs that much, to be honest, because looking at the big picture, this win tonight gives them hope. Hope that will be subsequently crushed into tiny bits when they fail to make the playoffs.

Outside of Kovy/Plex/Titz...we had nothin' in that game. Koivu was his typical useless self, Higgins didn't do much....it's hard to win when only one line can score.

Edited by sbhatt

I can hope that the Sens loose tonight and we can play Ottawa for all the marbles on Saturday.

I am disappointed that we lost to the Leafs. The razzing that I will receive tomorrow at work will not be enjoyable!

The fact is we are near the top of the conference and not battling for eighth.

Saturday on CBC, lets go :hlogo:

Markov gave Koivu an easy pass, he figured that Koivu would be ready to take it off the boards.. Koivu looked lost out there..

I say 50 percent Markov, 50 percent Koivu..

In any case, it was a team loss. The team didn't come out hard and were not sharp. They poured it on at the end, but it was too little, too late.

They sure do have trouble playing bad teams at home.

If your back is to the player, how is it an easy pass? He was expecting it to be rang around the boards, and was on his way over to keep puck posession when it would have came around. At least thats what it looked like to me.

I agree, but you have to admit that if that was Huet, he would definitely get the blame. .. "can't make the big save".. "didn't keep his team in it".. blah blah blah..

the posters who blame Price are the ones who would blame Huet.

Huet mostly gets called out on his puckhandling, shootouts and when it is in regards to him re - signing.

When he is good, it is noted as well.

On the positive side, Koivu didn't have a hooking penalty tonight.

If Koivu does not snap out of his funk this team will probably slide in the last 27 games.

Pleks and Kovy had 2 points each tonight, they cannot carry the team forever.

I for one have blamed a few goals on Huet this year, but I would not blame him on any one of those goals. A save on any one of those 3 goals would have been more luck than anything from 95% of goalies