Game Thread | Habs vs. Evil Incarnate | 07/02/08

Cataclaw

Not an excuse but we desperately needed the defensive prowess of Roman Hamrlik. Having him there would have made this a different game.

He would have helped, that is for sure. But they beat the Sens without him. No excuses.

What more proof do you need when the Leafs are capable of beating you when they outwork you.

Work hard or you will not win.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your back is to the player, how is it an easy pass? He was expecting it to be rang around the boards, and was on his way over to keep puck posession when it would have came around. At least thats what it looked like to me.

I get those all the time.. its through your legs, off the boards and back to you.. if you are paying attention that is.... I saw that coming a mile away.. Koivu was looking at the bench, then at the clock, and drifting along...

The Kovy goal gave me some hope, but to no avail. The Habs put on some pressure in the 3rd, but couldn't tie it up. Has some decent chances. Got outgoaltended tonite. I'm not blaming Price for the loss, but Toskala was definitely the better of the two netminders. Habs definitely needed somebody else to step up and score tonite. Would have to agree that Ryder should be in against Ottawa on Saturday. Thought Gorges had a great game tonite. You can see his confidence level rising with each passing game. He has very good mobility and can definitely move the puck effectively. For a smaller guy, he doesn't shy away from the physical play. He is playing his way into a fixture on the backend and on some nights can log 18-20 minutes of icetime. He even showed a few nice offensive moves, that probably coming with confidence. On a bad night, he was a brightspot.

I get those all the time.. its through your legs, off the boards and back to you.. if you are paying attention that is.... I saw that coming a mile away.. Koivu was looking at the bench, then at the clock, and drifting along...

Even so, it was an empty netter. Thus indicating we were losing anyways.

For shame.............everyone should be disappointed in that effort tonight. Guy should keep them in full gear and skate them for another hour or so....since most took the night off.

And I don't want to hear the whole, it's only 1 game....we're still in the playoffs etc..Maybe Guys should have kept the line the way they were? Even if a line wasn't producing we were still winning....... :rolleyes:

The Kovy goal gave me some hope, but to no avail. The Habs put on some pressure in the 3rd, but couldn't tie it up. Has some decent chances. Got outgoaltended tonite. I'm not blaming Price for the loss, but Toskala was definitely the better of the two netminders. Habs definitely needed somebody else to step up and score tonite. Would have to agree that Ryder should be in against Ottawa on Saturday. Thought Gorges had a great game tonite. You can see his confidence level rising with each passing game. He has very good mobility and can definitely move the puck effectively. For a smaller guy, he doesn't shy away from the physical play. He is playing his way into a fixture on the backend and on some nights can log 18-20 minutes of icetime. He even showed a few nice offensive moves, that probably coming with confidence. On a bad night, he was a brightspot.

He is the only reason it was not 4-1 instead of 3-2. That hand pass to Pleks saved a goal.

For shame.............everyone should be disappointed in that effort tonight. Guy should keep them in full gear and skate them for another hour or so....since most took the night off.

And I don't want to hear the whole, it's only 1 game....we're still in the playoffs etc..Maybe Guys should have kept the line the way they were? Even if a line wasn't producing we were still winning....... :rolleyes:

I think the effort was there most of the night, the leafs did a good job of getting their sticks in the passing lanes, and toskola stood on his head.

I don't intend to blame Price, but if people are honestly going to sit here and say that Huet has not been beaten in the exact same way and had them called soft goals you are either lying or have a horrible memory...

The first goal...soft.. the 3rd goal, bad rebound control...

I am not saying that about Price, i am saying those are the posts when Huet is in the net.

In any case, I don't blame this on Price, I blame this on the typical lack of team effort and readiness at home against crap teams.

I think the effort was there most of the night, the leafs did a good job of getting their sticks in the passing lanes, and toskola stood on his head.

They took a majority of the second period off. You can credit Toronto if you like, but they dominated after the first goal until

the end of the second.

I don't intend to blame Price, but if people are honestly going to sit here and say that Huet has not been beaten in the exact same way and had them called soft goals you are either lying or have a horrible memory...

The first goal...soft.. the 3rd goal, bad rebound control...

I am not saying that about Price, i am saying those are the posts when Huet is in the net.

In any case, I don't blame this on Price, I blame this on the typical lack of team effort and readiness at home against crap teams.

I can say I have never blamed Huet in that manner. But like I said the same people who blame Price blame Huet.

Call up JC Petit!!

Edited by Wamsley01

Higgins + 1st Round Pick for Jokinen...i would do it tomorrow

As much as I like Higgins, that is one offer that would be to tough to pass up. When you get the best player in any deal, it usually works out well.

Higgins does look really bad lately, doesn't he? I know it's just a confidence issue, but he's making really bad decicions out there, and he isn't winning any battles for the puck.

Too bad florida wouldn't. That 1st rounder isnt that valuable seeing as how montreal would be picking almost 30th with Jokinen. Also Jokinen is signed for a few more years I think so you are gonna need to make it....Higgins, 1st rounder, Emelin and id say that would do it, maybe even take out Emelin and put in a 2nd rounder and Ryder.

Higgins does look really bad lately, doesn't he? I know it's just a confidence issue, but he's making really bad decicions out there, and he isn't winning any battles for the puck.

His best season is 38 points to date...I know he is a future prospect...but I honestly think too many people on this board overrate Higgins as a blue chip "untouchable"..... he is a 2nd liner at an absolute best....

Jokinen would be that much needed 1-2 punch that we still desperately need...he is a clutch player...he has tension between him and Martin and the Panthers GM

He's in the Doghouse...he is worth the salary IMO

I think Latendresse-Jokinen-Koivu would be a great 2nd line

Too bad florida wouldn't. That 1st rounder isnt that valuable seeing as how montreal would be picking almost 30th with Jokinen. Also Jokinen is signed for a few more years I think so you are gonna need to make it....Higgins, 1st rounder, Emelin and id say that would do it, maybe even take out Emelin and put in a 2nd rounder and Ryder.

Higgins, Ryder, and a second sounds good to me. Seein as we're gonna lose ryder at the end of the year anyway. But I would hate to lose Higgins.

Higgins, Ryder, and a second sounds good to me. Seein as we're gonna lose ryder at the end of the year anyway. But I would hate to lose Higgins.

We would be crazy to not trade Higgins for Jokkinen. Jokkinen is what we hope Higgins could be.

THe HAbs cannot keep all their prospects and youth. They have to make tough decisions on these players.

But I would not do it out of panic. The Habs traded Corson for Damphousse and Corson was a better player

than Higgins is. We all know how that turned out for us.

No I meant Higgins, Ryder, A 1st AND a 2nd.

Seriously Ryder has very little value and Higgins value is dropping every game. And that pick isnt that great either. Jokinen has 26 goals this year he is not gonna be moved for a few underachieving mediocre players and some late draft picks.

Higgins+Halak+Ryder+1st Round.......

I would pull the trigger Asap....The heck with Komisarek having close ties to Higgins....Sh*t happens...we're trying to win a stanley cup...not be the Brady Bunch!

They did not lose that game because of Carey Price, Andrei Markov, Saku Koivu.

They failed to match the intensity of a team that got shellacked 8-0. They should not have a problem

matching their intensity with a chance to take over first in the East.

But this is a young team. These things happen, we will see how they respond to it.

That is 3 straight games where they have not worked hard for 60 minutes. Two of the games

cost them a win, one of them they barely hung on to the victory.

They need a dose of reality to make sure they don't sag.

dude! good post.