1st Place?

Wamsley01

Using the same formula that James Mirtle has used on his blog I will try to continually update the Habs quest for 1st overall and their quest for the playoffs.

I have placed the Conference Title at 103 points. It is 1 point ahead of the Senators pace.

(I readjusted to 103)

To win the conference

each team will have to finish out the season with the following record.

1. Pittsburgh Penguins - 1-0-1

2. Montreal Canadiens - 2-0-1

3. New Jersey Devils - eliminated

4. Ottawa Senators - eliminated

5. NY Rangers - eliminated

6. Boston Bruins - eliminated

7. Philadelphia Flyers - eliminated

8. Buffalo Sabres - eliminated

9. NY Islanders - eliminated

10. Washington Capitals - eliminated

11. Carolina Hurricanes - eliminated

12. Atlanta Thrashers - eliminated

13. Tampa Bay Lightning - eliminated

14. Florida Panthers - eliminated

15. Toronto Maple Leafs - eliminated

I have set the playoff bar at 92 points which would have made the playoffs the last 2 seasons.

To make the Playoffs

each team will have to finish out the season with the following record.

1. Montreal Canadiens - clinched :clap:

2. Pittsburgh Penguins - clinched

3. Ottawa Senators - clinched

4. New Jersey Devils - clinched

5. NY Rangers - clinched

6. Carolina Hurricanes - 1-2-0

7. Philadelphia Flyers - 0-2-1

8. Boston Bruins - 0-2-1

9. Washington Capitals - 2-1-0

10. Buffalo Sabres - 3-0-0

11. Florida Panthers - eliminated

12. Toronto Maple Leafs - eliminated :clap: :clap:

13. NY Islanders - eliminated

14. Atlanta Thrashers - eliminated

15. Tampa Bay Lightning - eliminated

I will try to update this daily for you in the Quest for 25 :clap: :hlogo:

note: The Southeast division winner could finish with less than 92 and still qualify for the postseason.

Also this chart does not take into account WIns which are the tiebreaker.

Updated Apr 1/08

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Wamsley :clap:

There is an outside chance of winning the conference and if we can't go 12 and 14 then we are in big trouble!

First place would mean so much to the Habs as far as playoff match ups go. First could leave us with Boston or maybe the Islanders. Finishing fourth or fifth might leave us with New Jersey or Philly.

I'll take my chances with Boston!

It would be a laugh is Ottawa finishes first and Washington finishes eighth. What a media circus that would be.

Nice job Wamsley :clap:

There is an outside chance of winning the conference and if we can't go 12 and 14 then we are in big trouble!

First place would mean so much to the Habs as far as playoff match ups go. First could leave us with Boston or maybe the Islanders. Finishing fourth or fifth might leave us with New Jersey or Philly.

I'll take my chances with Boston!

It would be a laugh is Ottawa finishes first and Washington finishes eighth. What a media circus that would be.

No prob

Talk about a dream matchup. Bruins in the first round! One can only hope :)

It'll likely be less than 92 unless some teams really get hot down the stretch as well.

James Mirtle has been running one of these the past two years and has the number pegged at 90 points for the East this year, 94 for the West.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/01/playoff...ts-or-bust.html

So, in that scenario, we're two points closer and only need to go 11-15-1 to make the playoffs. And Detroit just has to go 4-22-0. :lol:

It'll likely be less than 92 unless some teams really get hot down the stretch as well.

James Mirtle has been running one of these the past two years and has the number pegged at 90 points for the East this year, 94 for the West.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/01/playoff...ts-or-bust.html

So, in that scenario, we're two points closer and only need to go 11-15-1 to make the playoffs. And Detroit just has to go 4-22-0. :lol:

Well seing as I don't have a crystal ball I will run with what it took the last 2 years. Mirtle and his crystal ball can use 90.

Plus, number 8 is not technically Buffalo it is Washington, So Washington could finish with 88 and still make the playoffs.

Also, technically if Montreal finishes with 92 tied with Buffalo then Buffalo would be in as they would be tied in points but Buffalo would win the tiebreaker.

So really Montreal could finish with 92 points, hit the target and still miss the playoffs because of the tiebreaker.

It is a guide, to give us a clearer view of where their post season future lies.

Edited by Wamsley01

Thanks Walmsley, this is very cool.

Any chance we can find a math equation that will tell us when our second line will break out of it's slump, or when exactly is Hossa coming over ,for who and when? ^_^

LOL. I wish. If I knew Koivu was going to break out on Feb 16 it would help me sleep better :)

Update this morning.

Habs need to finish up 12-13-1 to scrape in. For all those curious, as bad as the Habs finished up last season their

last 26 games resulted in a 13-13 result. That would be just enough this year.

Let's hope for a better result than that.

No prob

Talk about a dream matchup. Bruins in the first round! One can only hope :)

I dont feel good with a boston-montreal series I just dont like the odds and the intangibles.

in 1985-86 Edmonton spanked the flames 7 gms out of 8, yet the oilers managed to lose the series when smith dumped the puck on fuhr's calf and back in the net( ON HIS BIRTHDAY :lol: ).

Looking forward to crossing off the Leafs from playoff contention. Only 5 more losses to go.

The I will pray for the 10 game win streak :)

Updated Feb 15/08

Looking forward to crossing off the Leafs from playoff contention. Only 5 more losses to go.

The I will pray for the 10 game win streak :)

Updated Feb 15/08

I LOOOOVE how you placed the Leaves in 15th place, even though they are in 14th according to the standings! :clap:;)

I LOOOOVE how you placed the Leaves in 15th place, even though they are in 14th according to the standings! :clap:;)

I believe the Leafs are officially 15th with TBs win last night. The world has righted itself,

I half expect to see Harold Ballard on the TV swinging his cane at Paul Maurice :clap:

I believe the Leafs are officially 15th with TBs win last night. The world has righted itself,

I half expect to see Harold Ballard on the TV swinging his cane at Paul Maurice :clap:

AS much as I enjoy seeing the leaves in 15th position in the eastern conference, i do hope they can get a small winning streak going towards the end of the season. Just so they can move up a few spots in the east!

AS much as I enjoy seeing the leaves in 15th position in the eastern conference, i do hope they can get a small winning streak going towards the end of the season. Just so they can move up a few spots in the east!

A few wins?

Are you kidding I hope they win every game except for when they play the Habs and finish 9th.

A few wins?

Are you kidding I hope they win every game except for when they play the Habs and finish 9th.

That would be so sweet. Lose their spot in the draft. Get all the Laff fans excited and let them down hard. Nice

I still relish the Islanders win over them last year. Laff fans had 12 hours to gloat and then it was tee-off time. It was the most satisfying non-Habs game I can remember in a long time. Ahhhh......memories :rolleyes: