1st Place?

Wamsley01

That would be so sweet. Lose their spot in the draft. Get all the Laff fans excited and let them down hard. Nice

I still relish the Islanders win over them last year. Laff fans had 12 hours to gloat and then it was tee-off time. It was the most satisfying non-Habs game I can remember in a long time. Ahhhh......memories :rolleyes:

Yeah, but when the Devils scored with 3 seconds to go that was like a kick in the balls. But in the grand scheme

of things it was fantastic because it made it all the more painful for Leaf fans :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few wins?

Are you kidding I hope they win every game except for when they play the Habs and finish 9th.

Why would you ant them to win? The Leaves do not have a 1st round pick this year. I repeat, they DO NOT HAVE a 1st round pick(they traded it for Toskala).

I hope they choke like the bastards they are and finish 15th in the east!

Why would you ant them to win? The Leaves do not have a 1st round pick this year. I repeat, they DO NOT HAVE a 1st round pick(they traded it for Toskala).

It was their 2007 1st round pick that they traded for Toskala, along with 2nd round draft picks, as well as Toronto's 4th round pick in 2009. SO FAR, they've still got their first round pick. Only, Dallas, Florida and Edmonton will miss out on the first round.

It was their 2007 1st round pick that they traded for Toskala, along with 2nd round draft picks, as well as Toronto's 4th round pick in 2009. SO FAR, they've still got their first round pick. Only, Dallas, Florida and Edmonton will miss out on the first round.

You sure about that? I was under the impression that they did not have a 1st rounder this year!?

You sure about that? I was under the impression that they did not have a 1st rounder this year!?

I'm pretty sure. ;)

22-Jun-07: San Jose Sharks traded Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a conditional 1st round selection in 2007, a 2nd round selection in 2007 and a 4th round selection in 2009.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...nhl-maple_leafs

They do have their first rounder this season, it was last seasons pick in the Toskala deal. The Toronto media went on and on

about how the Leafs could have drafted Cherepanov or Esposito last draft if they kept it.

Edmonton's got Anaheim's pick (instead of the top five pick that they probably would have gotten).

I too have been cheering for the Leafs recently, I really want them to go on a tear. Too bad they didn't do it right when Fletcher came in, and made him consider being a buyer at the deadline!

Yes please 9th place for the Leafs please!

At the beginning of this season I believe I said the Leaf will finish 12th in the East. Many Habs faithful either thought I was "Insane", a bit "Crazy" or drinking some seriously hard stuff imprted from the East Coast.

I also predicted Habs just out of the playoffs so THANK YOU Habs PLAYERS for making that statement WRONG.

Montreal is scoring, 3rd overall in scoring? and 3rd best road record? in the NHL. I would like to see a big centre like Gratton to shore up the team size. also, secondary scoring is answered if Ryder is back.

Would love to see Montreal 4th or 5th overall in the league, that would be great.

Getting nervous Wamsley? I told they would start to falter. Typical lazy uninterested efforts in the last 10 games. 1 lucky miracle doesn't change the fact they are playing poorly, especially defensively.

I hope they have enough to make they playoffs in any spot. It will do the youth alot of good to get over the hump.

GC needs to drop the hammer on these guys again and start the benchings. Higgins and Koivu may be a good start. Komi and Markov would be my second pick. Send the mesage, it's unacceptable to play how your playing.

Getting nervous Wamsley? I told they would start to falter. Typical lazy uninterested efforts in the last 10 games. 1 lucky miracle doesn't change the fact they are playing poorly, especially defensively.

I hope they have enough to make they playoffs in any spot. It will do the youth alot of good to get over the hump.

GC needs to drop the hammer on these guys again and start the benchings. Higgins and Koivu may be a good start. Komi and Markov would be my second pick. Send the mesage, it's unacceptable to play how your playing.

Until this team proves that they are elite I will always get nervous down the stretch. I tried to comfort myself last year with they only have to play .500 to make the playoffs

and they lost 5 straight and had to go on a tear to make the playoffs. They did, then they needed 1 point in their last 2 to make it and they lost both of them including blowing

a late second period 2 goal lead when they only needed a tie.

This team has won me over in many aspects, but they are still a young team. I like you am skeptical about the veteran leadership on this team.

I think this team will make the playoffs, but I am pretty sure they are going to make me sweat to get there.

As far as you saying they would start to falter, you have been calling that all year and this team has proven you wrong on numerous occasions. I hope this is one more time.

A win tomorrow would go a long way in alleviating some pressure and a 2-1 week would allow them to hit the west coast without the fan base slitting our wrists.

Habs are beginning to slide down the chart while the Devils have charged to the front.

That West coast trip really makes me nervous

As am I but I believe this is a playoff team, I hope they come out with 4 points in those 4 games.

You sound like the typical pessimist, you're either right or you're pleasantly surprised. Like Wamsley said, you've called them falling apart a few times this season, and you were proven wrong. Was it you who was so disgusted after a loss in November or something that you said you would stay away from the board until February? How did that work out?

Now, I don't agree with people who are completely sold on this team, and I never thought we would be a first place team (although we got a lot closer than I thought we would). But your attitude seems to be narrow-mindedly negative, you bank on them failing so if and when they do you can say "I told you so!" to anyone who believed in this team.

I also have a problem with your idea of benchings. Koivu certainly deserved a few benchings that he didn't receive earlier in the year, but he's picked it up in the last month (although he was awful on Saturday). Higgins might deserve some reduced minutes, and I think that's happened to him a couple of times. But neither of these guys should be scratched. And benching Komi and Markov, are you crazy? They haven't had their best games lately, but you don't bench your top defensive pairing. Then you'll just see a lot more of Bouillon - Gorges, and then you'll be calling for them to be benched.

HaHa

I just put that in the other 1st place thread.

It is amazing how they do this every year. They kill their future and fool everybody into believing

that their kids have potential and Tucker will perform like this next year because he was hurt

this year.

This has been happening since the 80s, except in the 80s they used to sneak in with 61 pts in the Norris.

I think we should try to keep things in perspective. The Hasb are playing much better than anyone of us on these boards could have ever predicted at the beginning of the season.

Now that they are competing for first place in the east, our expectations have been raised...Alot. Maybe we shouldn't raise our expectations too much. Let's remember that the longest losing streak the Habs have had this year is 3 games. Before that they had lost back to back games only once in the season. I think that says alot about the character this team has. Imagine what would happen if the Habs were to go through a losing streak like the Flyers just went through!!It would be the end of the world.

Let's be patient and see what happens.

I understand that it can be frustrating watching the Habs play poorly, trust me, i get get pissed off as well, But i thikn it's safe to say this team will make the playoffs. It's just a question of whrer they will finish (8th or 4th)?!

Ottawa begins the descent as the Leafs make their ascent :clap:

It was nice to see. I was switching between the Habs game and the ottawa game last night. I couldnT' believe my eyes when I saw the Boston was leading. Nice to see Ottawa lose two games by shutout!