Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 09/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to come out hard in this one, it will be a lot tougher than Tuesdays game. But it will also go a long way in sending a message to the sens if we can beat them with a full line up.

I guess Hammer is still out. It will very significant if we can beat the Sens with all their stars back. We'll need a better effort than we've seen recently.

GO HABS GO!!!

PS - Bit of a side note, but I met a guy online in Halo 3, claiming to be Jimmy Bonneau.. saying that he'd been called up for Saturday's game. It was strange that he ignored the more prying questions lol.

I guess Hammer is still out. It will very significant if we can beat the Sens with all their stars back. We'll need a better effort than we've seen recently.

GO HABS GO!!!

PS - Bit of a side note, but I met a guy online in Halo 3, claiming to be Jimmy Bonneau.. saying that he'd been called up for Saturday's game. It was strange that he ignored the more prying questions lol.

Hahahah what a joker.

Anyways this is a big test.

Komi and Markov better both play 30+ minutes.

For us to win this game, Kovy/Plex/BigTitz will have to continue to do what they do, and a couple of guys who just haven't shown up to play in quite awhile will have to contribute.

The absence of Hamrlik is huge. He has become one of the most important Habs IMHO - after Markov, and maybe Koivu and Kovalev and Huet, I can't think of anyone worse to have out of our lineup. Even Koivu is a stretch the way he's playing.

It's a bummer, because against all that firepower, we'll need his cool-headed play down low. Huge test for the rest of the D.

Also, I'd rather see Higgins on the third line. I like the looks of that second line, though: one of those theoretically intriguing combinations that could come up huge on some starry night.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

maybe ryder koivu and higgins( what theck, throw Latendresse in there) will stop picking their nose and star producing like they're supposed to.

I'll be on a bus to Thunder Bay when this game is on. Being that the CBC is accessible on any tv with an antennae, do you think they'll mind if I bring my TV and a generator on the bus?

Trizzak, your a true fan..

I'll spring for the gas for your generator :ghg:

This game will be a tough one as we always manage to screw it up somehow and fall on our backs against the strong teams.

With Koivu/higgins floating and the hammer out ....Let's keep our fingers crossed as we don't have full ammunition on defense.

We have to beat the sens with one line and Houaay !

Edited by jrhabs

The absence of Hamrlik is huge. He has become one of the most important Habs IMHO - after Markov, and maybe Koivu and Kovalev and Huet, I can't think of anyone worse to have out of our lineup. Even Koivu is a stretch the way he's playing.

It's a bummer, because against all that firepower, we'll need his cool-headed play down low. Huge test for the rest of the D.

Good lord this is going to be a nightmare watching Streit and Briesbois getting big minutes trying to cover Heatly and Alfredson.

This is also a test for Carbo's coaching, line matching and getting the fowards (centres especially) to help out down low will be essential.

No Hamrlik :unsure:

I am worrying about our defense tonight. Toronto pushed them around, out played, out smarted and generally dominated our Dmen on Thursday. I hope Brisebois has a good game.

the best game he had was when he chugged 2 beers and 3 bell centre hotdogs !!

There they go again Ryder is back with Higgins and Koivu, source RDS.

This has the advantage of not screwing any other line.

Lapierrre-Sergei K and Latendresse were doing well before they tried Saku

in the middle. It was ok to try but horrible to watch.

The line of Bégin, Smolinski and Kostopolos is not good either.

This brings my point of why not Dandenault at defense tonight ??

Komo-Markov

Gorges-Bouillon

Dandenault-Streit

To say that Dandenault is both capable of playing defense and offense is not good if it is doesn't apply. Two reasons for that, if there are some injuries and we need Dandenault on

defense he will be unrusted. Second it upgrades is trade value because much team are looking again this year for a right D, not a 4th line filler.

I'm glad Ryder is back in, hopefully the stint in the pressbox has made him hungry again. He needs to simplify his game, don't try to be too fancy, he needs to park his ass in the slot and wait for a pass, then rip it home.

I'm glad Ryder is back in, hopefully the stint in the pressbox has made him hungry again. He needs to simplify his game, don't try to be too fancy, he needs to park his ass in the slot and wait for a pass, then rip it home.

I'll be on a bus to Thunder Bay when this game is on. Being that the CBC is accessible on any tv with an antennae, do you think they'll mind if I bring my TV and a generator on the bus?

:lol: I admire your dedication, Trizzak. If there are empty seats I don't see why they wouldn't let you do that. You'll probably have to watch it without sound to not disturb people, but there's also a good chance of there being other fans on the bus who would be ecstatic to watch a hockey game on a boring bus ride. A couple of questions: how long is the bus ride going to be? If it's to Thunder Bay one would assume it's going to be pretty long. And are you bringing the TV and generator along for the trip for the sole purpose of watching the game tonight? If so, then you are truly a die-hard fan.

Yeah, this'll be tough with Hammer out, I hope Brisebois isn't playing and they put Dandy back there.

My optimistic prediction: 5-4 win for us. A. Kosty, S. Kosty, Koivu, Markov, and Lapierre score, two assists for Kovalev.

No Hamrlik :unsure:

I am worrying about our defense tonight. Toronto pushed them around, out played, out smarted and generally dominated our Dmen on Thursday. I hope Brisebois has a good game.

I hope he doesnt.....I hope he is in the press box watching formula 1 highlights..

Boys, my prayers to the hockey Gods were answered last night! I had a Dream... I had a dream where Higgins was gonna score a hat-trick tonight. That's it ladies, you read correctly! Higgins will score three goals and Saku will get a couple of Assists!

Edited by Habsfan

Man I was sure hoping Hammer would be ready for tonight. Remember when he was signed? A lot of us were pissed at his salary vs impact on the team. I would say he is the best signing Habs have made since Kovy. Breezy should be benched and Dandy on D. I hope Breezy retires next year, without his old offensive prowess, he is so weak.