Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 09/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember.. this is the first game the Sens have their big line back.. and they are destroying us, like they have destroyed most team this year...

Heatly, Alfredson, and Spezza were all considered number one guys to lead a team.. Ottawa has all three on one line...

The Kovalev / Pleks line is not even close to the same level of talent...

Not a reason to get crushed 5-0

Puts Koivu at -11 on the season.

Really? Cause accoding to ESPN.com, Koivu is EVEN tonight! Komisarek, Kostopoulos and Bouillon are -3

Bob Needs to do something before the trading deadline. We have a one line team, and Unlike the Ottawa first line, our first line can't do it all by themsleves!

Edited by Habsfan

Disgusting, i miss the first few minutes, turn on the game and it's 3-0, 5 minutes in. What the hell!!! The Habs had a few chance just after that, but could not finish. 5-1, don't even wanna watch the 3rd, at least no shutout for Emery. Komi and the Cube -3 each, on the 4th Sens goal, Bouillon was just out to lunch, not sure where he was going, and on the 5th goal, terrible rebound control by Price.

Disgusting, i miss the first few minutes, turn on the game and it's 3-0, 5 minutes in. What the hell!!! The Habs had a few chance just after that, but could not finish. 5-1, don't even wanna watch the 3rd, at least no shutout for Emery. Komi and the Cube -3 each, on the 4th Sens goal, Bouillon was just out to lunch, not sure where he was going, and on the 5th goal, terrible rebound control by Price.

Price should give up another before it's over. He never gives up less than 3 goals.

Except against the Laffs one time

Actually, the third will be pretty important to the team.

Who wants it? Prove it, now.

Who wants to be a champion? Because that is the kind of team you'll have to overcome.

I'd play the kids a lot this period, looking for the extra fight and desire now. Show that you won't quit, that you won't pull a Laffs and give up in the third of a pretty much lost cause. Pop a couple and make the just think a little bit.

I'm so fvc.king pissed right now! It's so frustrating watching them play like this when we all know they can do sooooo much better!

Edited by Habsfan

Really? Cause accoding to ESPN.com, Koivu is EVEN tonight! Komisarek, Kostopoulos and Bouillon are -3

Bob Needs to do something before the trading deadline. We have a one line team, and Unlike the Ottawa first line, our first line can't do it all by themsleves!

You are right.. no idea why the event summary from NHL.com is saying that, since I checked the box score and he wasnt on the ice... I should know better then to trust the nhl to give me the correct stats. :angry:

In any case, it is kom, kost, and bouillon leading the team to doom tonight...

sorry about that...

Its getting to the point that I hope the habs are never on the CBC.. .knowing Canada is watching them seems to ensure a bad effort.

Actually, the third will be pretty important to the team.

Who wants it? Prove it, now.

Who wants to be a champion? Because that is the kind of team you'll have to overcome.

I like your optimism and your enthusiasm, but do you seriously think they can even come back? Had they been playing a good game, and if the score were 3-1, then I d say that we could come back, but to score 4 goals in one period the way they've been playing tonight...I don't think it'll happen. For pete's sake! We needed a 5 on 3 to score ONE goal, I don't see how they can score 5 on 5!

You are right.. no idea why the event summary from NHL.com is saying that, since I checked the box score and he wasnt on the ice... I should know better then to trust the nhl to give me the correct stats. :angry:

In any case, it is kom, kost, and bouillon leading the team to doom tonight...

sorry about that...

Its getting to the point that I hope the habs are never on the CBC.. .knowing Canada is watching them seems to ensure a bad effort.

Isn't that a sad comment :(

I have sort of seen this coming lately. Earlier, when we started looking good, we were getting some secondary scoring to go with the amazing Plex line and Huet's play. Now it's all Huet and the first line. Nobody else has done a thing for several games. No Hammer hurts real bad too.