Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 09/02/08

Cataclaw

Agreed,both of these guys should be willing to fight...yet BOTH consistently run away from fights. Funny you mention Claude Lemieux, because to me him and Lapierre are carbon copies. Both big guys and instigators who are too chicken to actually fight.

lapierre can't tie lemieux's skates. that guy was a playoff monster and very very underated.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lapierre or Lats were carbon copies of Claude Lemieux I would plan the parade route.

1986 Claude Lemieux was one of the best players I have ever seen. No BS, tough as nails.

I wish I had the link, if anybody has it please post it. but his OT winner against Hartford was

the most determined shift I have seen in my lifetime.

Anybody who has ever seen Lemieux in the playoffs would never associate him as a chicken.

The Habs got Sylvain Turgeon for him, one of the worst trades in their history.

He may have had to go, but anybody who disrespects Claude Lemieux as a player is nuts.

I just remember seeing Lemieux agitate and then turtle more than once when it was time to answer the bell and I just cant stomach that behavior. But you're right, as for actual results and as a player I'd still kill to have the guy now.

lapierre can't tie lemieux's skates. that guy was a playoff monster and very very underated.

Too many beers in me at that point. In my fuzzy way I was alluding to they were carbon copies as guys who agitate and then avoid actual fights. As a clutch player Lemieux is beyond reproach while Lapierre is still a fringe NHL player with potential.

If Lapierre or Lats were carbon copies of Claude Lemieux I would plan the parade route.

1986 Claude Lemieux was one of the best players I have ever seen. No BS, tough as nails.

I wish I had the link, if anybody has it please post it. but his OT winner against Hartford was

Anybody who has ever seen Lemieux in the playoffs would never associate him as a chicken.

He may have had to go, but anybody who disrespects Claude Lemieux as a player is nuts.

Hands down the greatest, most exhilerating, hockey moment of my hockey watching career. Puts the 87' Canada Cup, Gretsky to Lemieux drop pass to shame. I swear to God, that shift was what made me a Habs fan for life. (That and Patrick Roy's goaltending in games 3 & 4 against the Rangers in the Wales Conference Finals.)

To blame this loss on anyone but Huet is nuts becuase when you allow 3 of thr first 4 shots you face to go in the game is over confidence is gone.

I'm not so sure we can clearly lay the blame for this loss at Huet's feet.

True, the second goal was extremely weak, but he never saw the first goal and the third goal was a beautiful tic tac to play from the Hens.

I thin it was an overall team effort last night. I thik I should say and overall LACK of team effort. It's almost as if they all had a talk in the dressing room before teh game and told each other that they would tank this game!

I saw him every game, and agree he was great in his role and tough as nails.

I remember where I was for the OT winner. Backhand top corner, I believe. It's a replay you really never see though.

I think the "chicken" label comes from the fact that he was such an instigator and often was challenged to fight as a result, but never did. So I guess Lapierre kinda reminds me of him in that regard, but that is about it.

What a frustrating game, terrible D! Carbo tried to split up Markov and Komisarek to get some more even skill distribution but that didn't work out too well, the sens just went to town on 3 mediocre pairings. Do we ever need Hamrlik and Obyrne or what? Streit needs to get back on the 4th line and Briesbois to the pressbox (he wasn't terrible last night defensively, but was pretty weak in the offensive zone, kept missing pucks on the blueline and making shitty passes).

I thought the top lines played well, but once again habs can't bury chances, 5 posts dinged, countless other good chances on the doorstep missed, was pulling my hair out. Game wasn't quite as lobsided as the score indicates. Habs will need to really study the game footage of Ottawa's all star line in action to be ready for next time.

I've avoided the boards today because I was afraid of negativity and slamming. Haven't ventured into reading too much but thought I'd add regardless that the game wasn't as bad as everyone probably thinks.

The Sens are a great team. Remember when Kovalev came back from the knee operation and we mounted a comeback to beat them last year. That was us beating a great team. We can beat these guys again and again.

With three of the best players back together after a huge slump and injuries, they were on fire. Predictable. Against a team that is to young to realize that they weren't ready for it.

That's where Saku should have had a pre-game speech in the dressing room. He looked good on the ice, he was trying to turn things around. F^%CK!!!!!! That line hit 5 posts and crossbars. A couple of those go in and it's a new game.

Most of the team just couldn't shake off the 1st five minutes. I have faith that if we played them again tonight it would be a much different outcome.

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Carbo, Muller, Jarvis.......They'll figure out how to shut that line down. We know we can beat them when Heatley and Allfie aren't there......so.......shut them down. It can be done.

We came out flat against a team you can absolutely not come out flat against. Simple as that.

I hope the team knows this as we move on to Florida. Great...............we have a good track record there. (sarcastic)

I watched the tsn highlights. I love lil ####. Redden popped him good but Titties started the whole thing, He likes to whoop it up, I can;t wait for him to clobber someone.

Hands down the greatest, most exhilerating, hockey moment of my hockey watching career. Puts the 87' Canada Cup, Gretsky to Lemieux drop pass to shame. I swear to God, that shift was what made me a Habs fan for life. (That and Patrick Roy's goaltending in games 3 & 4 against the Rangers in the Wales Conference Finals.)

funny how there are 2 VERY differents ways to look at this goal.

the way Canadians like to look at it :

and the way Europeans like to look at it :