Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 12/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he Gazette's Pat Hickey has provided the following update on tonight's game in Tampa Bay.

Defencman Ryan O'Byrne will play against the Lightning, but his cellmate, Tom Kostopoulos, won't.

Other scratches include Steve Bégin and Roman Hamrlik. Hamrlik practised this morning, but still isn't 100 per cent recovered from the flu. That means Patrice Brisebois will play.

Cristobal Huet will start in goal.

I hope the Ryder/Higgins/Koivu line can break out. Despite all the negativity people have, I think this line will be key to a long playoff drive, as the Sens show one line cannot do it all.

That 1 line took them to the cup.

Unfortunately i see no evidence that the Koivu line will ever pick it again this year. I think it's safe to say all of them have underaciheved all year. Higgins numbers are respectable.

I think more likely the secondary scoring will have to come from the other 2 lines.

If Begin is out, and O'Byrne is in, Streit must be moving back up to forward. I'd almost rather dress 7 defensemen and double shift our best wingers for the 4th line. Kovalev, Kostitsyn, hell even Dandenault with more ice time is better than Brisebois with more ice time.

That 1 line took them to the cup.

Unfortunately i see no evidence that the Koivu line will ever pick it again this year. I think it's safe to say all of them have underaciheved all year. Higgins numbers are respectable.

I think more likely the secondary scoring will have to come from the other 2 lines.

I have to disagree, that line was so close to breaking out last game, 5 posts, and Saku set up numerous good scoring chances. I'm willing to bet on a 2pt night tonight from our captain in a big 5-2 win.

I couldn't care less about O'byrne being in, Hamrlik is a big key to out sucess though.

Really? Then you must have let this purse snatching event really get your dick in a knot, because I'm looking forward to the monster hits this guy brings. Much like the ones he gave prior to breaking his thumb. Which could make Komi look like the girl without a purse. That's a good thing.

Let it go dude....

GO HABS GO!!!!

this is very reminicent of the problems the habs have had whenever Markov is out of the lineup. Hamrlik is obviously an essential part of our makeup and I hope that we can play decently until his (near?) return.

I have seen some potential from the higgins-koivu-ryder line recently and hope that against a lesser Defense (wasn't like Kovalev had a hat-trick on Emery) they will find some success.

Unfortunately I have to miss the first 40 minutes of the game because of school, but I'll be around before 8.

GO HABS GO!!!

Really? Then you must have let this purse snatching event really get your dick in a knot, because I'm looking forward to the monster hits this guy brings. Much like the ones he gave prior to breaking his thumb. Which could make Komi look like the girl without a purse. That's a good thing.

Let it go dude....

GO HABS GO!!!!

No not at all, there has to be a reasonable explaination for the whole nightclub incident. It's not that I don't want him in the lineup, it's just I don't beleive O'byrne himself is going to make or break the teams chances this year by being in the lineup. We were basically a .500 team with him in the lineup 6-3-2 and he was a -4. Not exactly setting the world on fire. I wasn't saying I don't want to see him play, i'm just indifferent to it.

Edited by brboo