Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 16/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A real nail-bitter, tense and exciting game. Shutout price, only one goal, but what an Ovechkin-like flukey goal!

Also, like him or hate him, but props to prime minister Harper for attending the game and cheering on the Habs!

:hlogo:

Edited by Cataclaw

If this is the guy that shows up in the play-offs.,should he get the chance.....Look-out!!!!! I hope Gainey gets us some more scoring in a trade we could do really well this year.

Hey he put the Dogs on his back. He is special, enjoy it. We have been waiting for a Superstar for a long time.

Big win tonite for the Habs. Gotta give major props to Price tonite with his 1st Shutout. He was spectacular. 10 saves during the 2-man advantage. I wouldn't say the Habs got outplayed badly, just happen to give up 10 shots on one PP, to skew the stats a little. Great to have the Hammer back in the lineup, as he was a rock. Also good work by Kovy, winning some physical battles on the ice. Tough choice for Carbo, but i think he's gotta stick with Price for tomorrow. Was thinkin Huet, but not after this game by Price tonite.

Hey he put the Dogs on his back. He is special, enjoy it. We have been waiting for a Superstar for a long time.

His performance tonight is going to get a lot of confidence from his teammates. I hope he keeps it up. Tomorrow we are going to need some goals though., and yes I am enjoying it.

He does owe Kovalev a beer, but at the same time, Kovalev owes himself a beer because he almost put that puck in his own net.

I hope to remember this day forever as the night that Carey Price arrived as a top goalie in the NHL.

It probably wasn't the plan, but i think we have to give him the start tomorrow night. You don't sit a player who's on a streak of over 100 minutes!

GO :hlogo: GO

I would expect to see Huet in nets tomorrow. Great game by Price tonight. Nice win. The full 2 minute 5 on 3 was intense.

Yeah, it was great end of your seat stuff. It almost felt like he decided to shut the door. He did that once before against the Bruins

early in the season. You can tell he's got his mojo back.

I would expect to see Huet in nets tomorrow. Great game by Price tonight. Nice win. The full 2 minute 5 on 3 was intense.

We'll see.... I understand your logic but Carbo has to realize that Price is in the Flyers heads now and feeling good. He should play. Not to mention the pressure Huet would feel trying to match that performance. For state of mind I think Carbo has to go with Price......I'll be really surprised if he doesn't.

Did anyone else notice, after the 5 on 3 when the whistle blew and Price did his little skate to the corner....The camera zoomed in on his face.....He had a creepy intense look in his eyes. Big and black, like a cat at night......

I love that shit. Just like Roy when he would start to jack his mask around when he was on his game.

Nice

Congrats to Carey for his first shutout! How did the rest of the team look?

Strong first period where they outplayed the Flyers and Koivu missed an empty net that could have put them ahead.

Second period was pretty even and Kosty scored a poor mans Ovechkin behind the head goal.

The third period they got into penatly trouble and Price carried them through a 2 minute 5 on 3 in which the FLyers got 10 shots.

Strong games from Lapierre, Kovalev, Hamrlik, Koivu and of course Price.

Big win.

We'll see.... I understand your logic but Carbo has to realize that Price is in the Flyers heads now and feeling good. He should play. Not to mention the pressure Huet would feel trying to match that performance. For state of mind I think Carbo has to go with Price......I'll be really surprised if he doesn't.

Did anyone else notice, after the 5 on 3 when the whistle blew and Price did his little skate to the corner....The camera zoomed in on his face.....He had a creepy intense look in his eyes. Big and black, like a cat at night......

I love that shit. Just like Roy when he would start to jack his mask around when he was on his game.

Nice

Roy was the shit :)

The score shouldn't have been that close really.

Dandy had two or three almost open net chances, and Saku shot wide of a completely open net 15 feet away with no one on him.

Either way.... Congrats Carey, I think we will all enjoy the next decade or so watching you play like that!

THIS is what we're talking about when we say a goalie is stealing a win...

Amen. :clap:

w0w, no wonder Huet doesnt play well with Price around. He has to fear that Price will be taking his job and if Price keeps playing like this it will be sooner than previously expected. Price definitely stole the last 2 games and Huet has been semi shaky lately. I'll be surprised if we see Huet tomorrow, or until Price falters.

Price has let in some questionable goals in games which he probably should have had shutouts in, but it looking like those days might be behind him. He's starting to look like he might actually be ready. I didnt really think any of Prices previous games were stellar, but his last 2 sure have been. Prices lateral adjustments on the back door attempts looked better than I've ever seen any goalie do. If he keeps this up make room on the wagon for me. ;)

Unfortunately though the Habs still dont look like the team that was unbeatable offensive juggernaut 2 weeks ago but it looks like they are coming back in that direction at least. Either way they are still picking up points. :D

Its not a bad thing to be slumping and still manage to win games. :P

It still seems that they arent getting any offensive bounces their way like they were. Just stupid luck lately but it looks like they are starting to make their own luck.

This was a crazy game, so many chances missed or stopped by great saves. It was 1-0 but there could have easily been three more goals by each team. The Habs played well for the most part, aside from some stupid penalties and a few stretches of the game. That 5 on 3 was intense, they had possession in our zone for like 100 seconds straight.

What can you say about our wunderkid Carey Price? He was larger than life.

Each of our lines was pretty effective, and the Québecois guys were creating pretty many chances. Another strong game from Koivu except for the penalty and the missed gaping net. Bouillon was good as well. Markov made a few defensive errors, but that setup he gave Koivu was sick. Hamrlik was solid in his return, and him and O'Byrne are a very good second pairing, they're big and tough and they don't give an inch.

I'm kind of on the fence about that no-goal call on the Flyers in the third, when Price was sliding into the net. They blew the whistle after the puck had crossed the line, and it didn't look like he was pushed before that happened. But, they ruled it no goal on the play, and they stuck with it. There was no clear evidence to overturn it anyway, but it's the kind of thing that we might be pissed about if it happened to us.

All in all a great game for a Saturday night, and a big day for our favourite rookie. It looks like he'll get the start tomorrow, but Carbo might want to rest him on back-to-back nights.

Well that was a fun one to be at and I hope it is a historical game for Carey Price the first of many.

How did Frank get a star over Hamrlik though?

The Cube was on tonight. He was hitting, passing and took away some good chances .Come on....you were there.

Hammer was felt as well but you know people don't like Boullion. He deserved it!!!

He had five hits, and they were all big.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE