Grabovsky 18 points in 7 games

JMMR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Grabs when he was here, and I still wouldn't rule out his becoming a good NHLer some day. He might be one of those later-blooming, small shifty types, a la Briere or St Louis. (Not in that class, obviously - but you get the idea).

I liked Grabs when he was here, and I still wouldn't rule out his becoming a good NHLer some day. He might be one of those later-blooming, small shifty types, a la Briere or St Louis. (Not in that class, obviously - but you get the idea).

Not a bad thing to float that stat out there when trying to make a deal.

I'll just repeat myself: all Grabs gotta do is get stronger. 10 lbs of muscles over the summer (not too much as to not lose speed) and he's more NHL caliber.

Agreed....stronger on the puck and he's golden.

your signature is immature and distasteful...

grow up...

:?-

grabovski is this years Balej...just a good trade bait !!

:?-

grabovski is this years Balej...just a good trade bait !!

with the going prices these days, i doubt we can swing one prospect for a star player like we did with Kovalev

with the going prices these days, i doubt we can swing one prospect for a star player like we did with Kovalev

I know. he'd be part of a deal...just not the major part.

I remember the kovalev trade was more of a salary dump and stashing draft picks for the Rangers. a second rounder was offered as well as some prospects.( plekanec, balej haisney and another one I cant remeber...ward maybe) Having played a few games in the NHL during that season, the Rangers felt that Balej was closer to make the NHL full time and thats why they picked him...

I remember the kovalev trade was more of a salary dump and stashing draft picks for the Rangers. a second rounder was offered as well as some prospects.( plekanec, balej haisney and another one I cant remeber...ward maybe) Having played a few games in the NHL during that season, the Rangers felt that Balej was closer to make the NHL full time and thats why they picked him...

yeah. That was the season the Rangers abandoned their sky high team salary and went into full rebuilding mode. Sathers got rid of basically every big salary on the team except for Jagr. It needed to be done, but he ended up selling some assets at 10 cents on the dollar. We benefited greatly from that selloff... although I remember a small quotient of the HW community arguing that Kovalev was lazy and/or done and that Balej would have a really good career.

Oddly enough, one of the other options the Rags had in that Kovalev deal was Marcel Hossa, whom they acquired quickly after the lockout from us anyways.

And they also signed Jason Ward shortly after we didn't qualify him. The guy who was assigned to scout the young Habs for the Rangers was not very astute.

Did the Rangers really have a chance to acquire Plekanec for Kovalev??? Wow. As great as Kovy is, that would have turned out to be a steal for them in the long run. Fortunately for us that organization appears congenitally inept when it comes to young talent. ^_^

Did the Rangers really have a chance to acquire Plekanec for Kovalev??? Wow. As great as Kovy is, that would have turned out to be a steal for them in the long run. Fortunately for us that organization appears congenitally inept when it comes to young talent. ^_^

Yes they had their choice of Hossa Plekanec Balej and another player.

Great to see Grabs working hard and it paying off. If anyone gets injured up on the big team, he'll no doubt be the first callup. I really can't see anyone losing their roster spot right now though.

Replace Patrice Brisbois since Montreal already has two defenceman playing forward. Let Brisbois become a defence coach as he is skilled offensively and would help the team. Brisbois is done.

Grabovsky is part of Montreals future, or excellent trade bait as he is gifted offensively. Hard to believe in a few years how good Montreals farm system became. Way to go Gainey and management! :clap:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Great to see Grabs working hard and it paying off. If anyone gets injured up on the big team, he'll no doubt be the first callup. I really can't see anyone losing their roster spot right now though.

Well Chipchura has been playing well also.

I wish that Dandy was removed from the line-up forever and replaced with one of Grabovsky or Chipchura.

Yeah, Dandenault's -12 has no place on this team. -12 on a first place team... you are doing something wrong.

Imagine for a second if we landed Hossa (for Ryder and other players), and gave Grabovsky a call-up. Imagine something like this:

A.Kost - Plex - Kovy

Higgins - Koivu - Hossa

Latendresse - Grabovski - S.Kost

Streit - Lapierre - Begin

... Maybe a little on the small/soft side, but that's some pile of skill. Checking line? Who needs it. Let the other team worry about checking US.

I know I'D like to see it, just to see.

Yeah, Dandenault's -12 has no place on this team. -12 on a first place team... you are doing something wrong.

Imagine for a second if we landed Hossa (for Ryder and other players), and gave Grabovsky a call-up. Imagine something like this:

A.Kost - Plex - Kovy

Higgins - Koivu - Hossa

Latendresse - Grabovski - S.Kost

Streit - Lapierre - Begin

... Maybe a little on the small/soft side, but that's some pile of skill. Checking line? Who needs it. Let the other team worry about checking US.

I know I'D like to see it, just to see.

That lineup would not be tough enough for a seven game series.

I would rather Chips between S Kost and Lats.

maybe, but I wouldn't mind that group playing a relatively non-physical team like Carolina, just to see the result.

Yeah I doubt Carolina makes the playoffs without Brind'amur or Williams.