Grabovsky 18 points in 7 games

JMMR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to trade for an impact player, we may have to give a high profile prospect.

I don't have a problem with that, as long as we really get an "impact player" able to bring to the team to an upper level. If the trade turns sour and the prospect we gave blossom in a Martin Saint-Louis or a Daniel Brière, we will regret the trade for a long time, especially if the trade is done with an Eastern division team.

There's no room for error. If you give good players, you have to obtain a great hockey player.

JMHO

Like somebody mentioned in another thread in the Kovalev deal the Rangers had their pick of

Balej, Plekanec and Hossa and they thought that Balej had the most upside.

It is a crapshoot at times, but I trust that Timmons and Gainey will know which guys they should deal.

If Grabs comes back to earth and never makes an impact they will look back and regret not pulling the

trigger when he was at possibly his highest point. Sell high/buy low.

3 weeks ago everybody on this board would have done cartwheels if he was the prospect we gave up.

I trust Bo Gainey.

When he played for us earlier this season, from what I saw, I thought that Grabs had a chance to grow into a player of the Briere/St Louis type, albeit of a lesser order - by which I mean a late bloomer who tends to get overlooked but ends up becoming a little offensive dynamo. I fear that WE are going to turn out to be the team that overlooked him. Ultimately, though, we may be in the process of becoming what the Habs of the early '70s were - a team with so much depth in prospects that they could scatter their seeds throughout the league while retaining the best and using the rest to improve the club. If we do deal Grabovski I'll try to think of it in that light.

Like somebody mentioned in another thread in the Kovalev deal the Rangers had their pick of

It is a crapshoot at times, but I trust that Timmons and Gainey will know which guys they should deal.

If Grabs comes back to earth and never makes an impact they will look back and regret not pulling the

3 weeks ago everybody on this board would have done cartwheels if he was the prospect we gave up.

I trust Bo Gainey.

Not me. I am high on Grabo and would not trade him, unless he gets a fair chance to prove himself and fail to impress. I have seen to many good young players blossom in another team than the Habs. Let's give him a chance, a real one!

JMHO

I trust Bo Gainey.

Not me. I am high on Grabo and would not trade him, unless he gets a fair chance to prove himself and fail to impress. I have seen to many good young players blossom in another team than the Habs. Let's give him a chance, a real one!

JMHO

JMHO

That is the way it goes. I like the idea of Grabs blossoming, but he is a big" ?". Hossa is not a big "?" At this stage of the game if he lands us Hossa I say DO IT, and don't look back.

When he played for us earlier this season, from what I saw, I thought that Grabs had a chance to grow into a player of the Briere/St Louis type, albeit of a lesser order - by which I mean a late bloomer who tends to get overlooked but ends up becoming a little offensive dynamo. I fear that WE are going to turn out to be the team that overlooked him. Ultimately, though, we may be in the process of becoming what the Habs of the early '70s were - a team with so much depth in prospects that they could scatter their seeds throughout the league while retaining the best and using the rest to improve the club. If we do deal Grabovski I'll try to think of it in that light.

You can't keep them all and sooner or later you will lose them for nothing. If the Habs keep sending Halak down he is either going to A. demand a trade

or B. Pull a Perezhogin. Same with any other prospects that feel they are a victim of mistreatment.

You can't sit there and wait for each one to blossom and pick between the best ones. All the players develop at different rates.

The Habs dealt Tony Esposito because they had to much goalie depth, but it did not kill them because Dryden was in the wings.

You cannot be afraid to trade players for fear of them becoming a superstar. Gainey is not afraid. I don't think Gainey regrets dealing Iginla

because it put 1 more ring on his finger. If he keeps Iginla maybe they don't win in 99.

In order to get a frontline talent, you can't have it both ways, where no significant roster players get dealt or some top prospect get sent away. Usually takes trading something or value for something worthwhile.

If it takes Grabs as part of a deal to get Hossa, then so be it.