Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences about your grand-Pa.

I'll be at the Bell Centre tonight. Hopfully the boys will show up and destroy the damn Rangers!

Thanks guys

Damn you Habsfan. I need to go to a Habs game.. it's been forever. Last game i was at was habs-canucks november 27th, 1999. :(

Just some of the perks of working in corporate Real Estate! ;) I won these tickets(and a beautiful Habs Jersey) at a Poker tournament Held by one of the major landlords in town. I had the number 8 put on the back of the jersey along with smaller 8's on the shoulders...with the Name Komisarek on top! It's just perfect!

This is my 5th game of the year. Hopefully the habs'll win. Last time I went to the Bell Centre our boys lost to the fv.cking leaves (feb 7th)

Edited by Habsfan

My condolences, Cataclaw. Great thread as usual.

I want revenge this game... I don't know why the Rangers have our number, but it stops tonight!

GO HABS GO!!!

My condolences cataclaw, good job on the thread.

we need to beat them tonight, or i wont hear the end of it from my friends.....

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Im very sorry to hear about your grandfather Cataclaw.

Regarding the game, if Hollweig tries anything cheap on one of our stars and it's a suspendable offense, then the NHL needs to seriously look into suspending the coach. The warning signs are there based on his comments, just as they were in the Bertuzzi situation. Let's hope nothing of the sort goes on.

Let's also hope the Habs can solve the Rags so we don't get swept.

I hadn't heard that Hollweg had said anything.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Kovalev - and I wouldn't be surprised if Kovalev takes another retaliation run at him. I'm sure other teams get pissed when they see Kovalev throwing elbows at people but as a fan of the Habs, I love to see a skilled guy stand up for himself whenever someone tries to take his head off.

Sorry to hear Cataclaw.

Hopefullly the Habs win it for Cataclaw's grandpap or at least to avoid a season sweep.

Go Habs Go!!

Finally a night game against Rangers. Habs dont seem to do very well in day games and iirc they have had several against NYR. I think it was more of the day game that threw the Habs off and not that the Rangers are the better team.

Hollwieg better not try anything stupid. If he does it wont be good, the Habs have nobody to counter with. :(

Sorry to hear Cataclaw.

Hopefullly the Habs win it for Cataclaw's grandpap or at least to avoid a season sweep.

Go Habs Go!!

Finally a night game against Rangers. Habs dont seem to do very well in day games and iirc they have had several against NYR. I think it was more of the day game that threw the Habs off and not that the Rangers are the better team.

Hollwieg better not try anything stupid. If he does it wont be good, the Habs have nobody to counter with. :(

Well, Kovy could always elbow him again.. :D

Well, Kovy could always elbow him again.. :D

I started thinking aboot the "what goes around comes around" line Hollwieg said. Maybe it means hes ready to have his head violently pounded face first into the boards from behind.

After giving it more thought, has anybody ever seen Kovalev really throw down? Wouldnt be wild if he's like Corson. i.e. player who never fights so everyone thinks is a whimp untill he beats the living hell out of somebody. :lol:

This is from the TSN icechips section.

"Coach Guy Carbonneau will go with Carey Price in goal for his fourth straight start. Tom Kostopoulos, Bryan Smolinski and Patrice Brisebois are all scratches.

Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg is still angry with the unpenalized elbow he took on the chin from Kovalev the last time the Rangers were in Montreal. He said it was "a dirty hit. (Kovalev) knew what he was doing...what comes around goes around.".

Steve Dubinsky was in avoidance mode over comments he made to the Daily News about giving Mike Komisarek a rough time after what the Rangers suggested were cheapshots Komisarek dished out on Jagr, again during the February third game. - TSN "

Hollweg is going to be an arse in this one, you can bet on that. Dubinsky was smart enough to not piss Komisarek off at least :)

This game will be closely watched by sheriff Campbell

I started thinking aboot the "what goes around comes around" line Hollwieg said. Maybe it means hes ready to have his head violently pounded face first into the boards from behind.

After giving it more thought, has anybody ever seen Kovalev really throw down? Wouldnt be wild if he's like Corson. i.e. player who never fights so everyone thinks is a whimp untill he beats the living hell out of somebody. :lol:

He dropped the gloves with Tucker but he didn't really get a chance to fight since everyone jumped on them.

I'm very sorry as well Cataclaw, just like every other poster on Habsworld...

Kovalev was asked about Hollweg's comments, and he basically said "They can come after me if they want, it's part of the game. But if they do, they will just get penalized or get it right back just like they did last time."